Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-10-2019, 06:10 PM   #1
thaskalos

Will Rogers Downs is a JOKE!

Just prior to the 8th race at Wrd, the , a FTS named Gospel Ike, threw off his rider and dashed off...while getting captured by the track camera as the horse was galloping at full speed down the track. And yet, even though the horse was running by himself for an extended period of time...he was eventually corralled and loaded into the starting gate...the extended runoff notwithstanding. The horse was sitting at about 7-1 before the incident, but the attuned bettors wisely allowed his odds to adjust to 12-1 by the race's start...while the bettors who weren't paying attention were simply out of luck. Oh, yeah...the horse finished dead last...about 4 lengths behind the second-last horse. What a blight on the game these shit-tracks are...
Old 04-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #2
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Just prior to the 8th race at Wrd, the , a FTS named Gospel Ike, threw off his rider and dashed off...while getting captured by the track camera as the horse was galloping at full speed down the track. And yet, even though the horse was running by himself for an extended period of time...he was eventually corralled and loaded into the starting gate...the extended runoff notwithstanding. The horse was sitting at about 7-1 before the incident, but the attuned bettors wisely allowed his odds to adjust to 12-1 by the race's start...while the bettors who weren't paying attention were simply out of luck. Oh, yeah...the horse finished dead last...about 4 lengths behind the second-last horse. What a blight on the game these shit-tracks are...
Bet against that horse on betfair Easy lay. Easy money.

got in a 10-1.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #3
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Bet against that horse on betfair Easy lay. Easy money.

got in a 10-1.

Allan
First, why would someone who doesn't have exchange wagering care?

Second, you really want us to believe you were sitting around watching Will Rogers Downs waiting for a horse to run off? And what does "you got 10-1" even mean because you don't get 10-1 betting against a horse. Maybe 1 to 10. Don't lie to try to fool those not familiar with exchange wagering.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2019, 08:20 PM   #4
elhelmete

Quote:
This same scenario, back in 1989 at Rockingham Park, happened to me except the horse wired the field and it was my first day of betting the horses.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2019, 09:56 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

"Even though you are on the right track - you will get run over if you just sit there."

Will Rogers
Old 04-11-2019, 12:57 AM   #6
lamboguy

i would love to know the genius that faded your bet for $500
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2019, 01:20 AM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Happened to me at Sam Houston RP once. Six furlong affair and the horse ran about 7f before they caught him just past the wire. Loaded him up much to my dismay and he broke last and fell back from there
Old 04-11-2019, 02:37 AM   #8
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
shit-tracks are...
Shit tracks? 2 words: Pink Lloyd. 2 more words: Bold Venture. 2 more words: Woodbine Sucks.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #9
dilanesp

I've never met a track I didn't like.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2019, 11:39 AM   #10
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
while the bettors who weren't paying attention were simply out of luck. Oh, yeah...the horse finished dead last...about 4 lengths behind the second-last horse.
Bettors who aren't paying attention are rarely in luck, and you don't need a horse to run off pre-race to exemplify that fact.

Every nag that's never been less than ten lengths from the lead at any call gets money bet on it by bettors who don't pay attention.

I've known plenty of bettors who make the same mistakes day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year because they don't pay attention.

You are not supposed to pity the fool who doesn't pay attention, you are supposed to take their money. For all those who complain about how hard it is to turn a profit these days think how much harder it would be if everyone actually paid attention.

Would you advocate for some sort of rule in poker that protects a player that chooses to watch TV rather than pay attention to the action on the poker table?

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #11
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
First, why would someone who doesn't have exchange wagering care?

Second, you really want us to believe you were sitting around watching Will Rogers Downs waiting for a horse to run off? And what does "you got 10-1" even mean because you don't get 10-1 betting against a horse. Maybe 1 to 10. Don't lie to try to fool those not familiar with exchange wagering.

Good look you sure are picky. everyone who has been on my selection thread know. if I say that I am against a horse at 10-1 they know what it means.

which means I was laying the horse at 10-1. didnt matter what the price. I emptied my account on the horse at BSP.

Jeez. If you bet against a horse you aint getting 10-1. (unless its 1-10 shot)

and if anyone needs an education on exchange wagering I will help them.

Thanks

Allan
Old 04-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #12
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i would love to know the genius that faded your bet for $500

Its not person its people. BSP is calculated between unmatched lay and bets.

BSP bets CANNOT be canceled so the people betting on the 4 were SOL.

Their loss was my gain

Allan
Old 04-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #13
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
Bettors who aren't paying attention are rarely in luck, and you don't need a horse to run off pre-race to exemplify that fact....
I agree with you Russ, and I also agree with Thask.

Track should protect the horse and the bettor in situation like a loose horse (and most gate break-throughs IMO).

However, more power to anyone who can make a few bucks on crowd money in general, and crowd money when something 'happens'.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #14
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
Bettors who aren't paying attention are rarely in luck, and you don't need a horse to run off pre-race to exemplify that fact.

Every nag that's never been less than ten lengths from the lead at any call gets money bet on it by bettors who don't pay attention.

I've known plenty of bettors who make the same mistakes day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year because they don't pay attention.

You are not supposed to pity the fool who doesn't pay attention, you are supposed to take their money. For all those who complain about how hard it is to turn a profit these days think how much harder it would be if everyone actually paid attention.

Would you advocate for some sort of rule in poker that protects a player that chooses to watch TV rather than pay attention to the action on the poker table?
I didn't start this thread out of the pity that I feel for the inattentive horseplayers out there. There are bettors out there who place their wagers ahead of time, and then go on to other life responsibilities. Others play online...and might have been watching another racetrack feed at the precise time when that horse at Wrd broke loose. And still more players indulge in the horizontal wagers that have become so common in the game...where the player is locked into betting on a particular horse, without the option of backing out of the bet later. I could have been active in a horizontal wager involving that horse yesterday...and seeing the horse in the starting gate would have upset me greatly. What Wrd did yesterday was a great disservice to ALL the players, not just to the inattentive ones...and a similar act of injustice could very well affect you and I tomorrow. That's what my thread is really protesting against.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #15
ultracapper

In the entire horse racing universe there is no more apropos track for a joke than Will Rogers.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: