Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-30-2017, 06:38 PM   #751
Lose The Juice

Not that I expect the Preds to win the Cup, but it's still been inspiring to see 35-year-old Pekka Rinne with a playoff sv% just a shade under .950. One of the nicest guys in the game as well.
Lose The Juice is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2017, 07:15 PM   #752
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lose The Juice View Post
Not that I expect the Preds to win the Cup, but it's still been inspiring to see 35-year-old Pekka Rinne with a playoff sv% just a shade under .950. One of the nicest guys in the game as well.
I know i'm rooting for Nashville to make it through to the next round.

New Jersey was the big winner in yesterday's lottery, i imagine all 14 of their fans are ecstatic.

The Leafs have found themselves another free wallet in Calle Rosén, a Swedish left handed shooting defenseman. Will be signed after the World Championships.

Travis Dermott has looked really good in the playoffs with the Marlies, could make a push next season.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #753
Lose The Juice

I wish my Isles would somehow make a move for Kasperi K., but the team is an NHL anomaly... not only no Finns, but no Swedes (and with Frans gone, no Danes). I honestly don't get it

The Devils actually have a very nice arena, despite the neighboUrhood. The Swiss kid, if picked ahead of Patrick, will find it off-putting. Patrick, the 'pegger, will probably find it upscale compared to the North End of that burg.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:41 PM   #754
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
I wish my Isles would somehow make a move for Kasperi K.
You got any first pairing defenseman?
Old 04-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #755
Lose The Juice

Leddy, but we can't afford to lose him. No one wants Boychuk's contract. DeHaan probably goes in the expansion draft. Hamonic (another old Wheat King like Patrick) is injury-prone. Pulock is the comer. Hickey is too small. Want Dennis Seidenberg? We just re-signed him... good guy, but he's so old, he used to play alongside Frederick The Great.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #756
HoofedInTheChest

I’m really hoping the Leafs make a play for Brandon Montour, that kid has some serious wheels, and would compliment our D-core nicely.

Oilers sh*t the bed in the first period.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:26 PM   #757
Lose The Juice

My son is after me to take him to a game up there, not that it'll be easy to get tix. But if we do make the trip, I'll buy you some sud at the Dodger.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:45 PM   #758
MutuelClerk

Quote:

The Devils actually have a very nice arena, despite the neighboUrhood. The Swiss kid, if picked ahead of Patrick, will find it off-putting. Patrick, the 'pegger, will probably find it upscale compared to the North End of that burg.
Nico vs Nolan. Sound familiar? Tyler vs Taylor? Personally I love Nico. Watched him the past few years he seems to be close to a one man squad. A lot like Tyler Seguin when he played with the Whalers. Taylor Hall is a real good player who was on a stacked junior team. Nico Hischier is a one man show on the Swiss National Team. He nearly beat Team USA by himself in the World Junior tournament over the holidays. Nolan Patrick is a solid player. I think Nico can be a great player. No brainer for me.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #759
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
I’m really hoping the Leafs make a play for Brandon Montour, that kid has some serious wheels, and would compliment our D-core nicely.
100% agree.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #760
Greyfox

Quote:
Oilers sh*t the bed in the first period.
They certainly did and although they are up 2 games to 1 the series could have been the other way around if Talbot didn't stand on his head in game #2.

In the meanwhile, I don't know what a penalty is anymore.
P.K. Subin in one series and Ryan Getzlaf in the other series can get away with anything short of murder.
Some people say "That's just playoff hockey."
I say "Bosh."
The rule book is there for a reason and the refs are getting paid well to govern the game fairly.
But as I said, I don't know what a penalty is anymore. I just don't.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #761
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
They certainly did and although they are up 2 games to 1 the series could have been the other way around if Talbot didn't stand on his head in game #2.

In the meanwhile, I don't know what a penalty is anymore.
P.K. Subin in one series and Ryan Getzlaf in the other series can get away with anything short of murder.
Some people say "That's just playoff hockey."
I say "Bosh."
The rule book is there for a reason and the refs are getting paid well to govern the game fairly.
But as I said, I don't know what a penalty is anymore. I just don't.
Governing the game fairly assumes that the league is letting the players completely decide the games.

I don't know how much 'Reffing' is done to create more enticing match ups, lengthen serieses and lengthen games, one little call here or there can extend a series or a game and create more revenue.

If they can tweak things to create more revenue, why not do it?
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM   #762
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89 View Post
I don't know how much 'Reffing' is done to create more enticing match ups, lengthen serieses and lengthen games, one little call here or there can extend a series or a game and create more revenue.

If they can tweak things to create more revenue, why not do it?
Missing or making more calls to create revenue?
That may go on but my value system could never support it.
Serious along with blatant infractions should be called in the interest of player safety, and that reason alone.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2017, 12:47 PM   #763
HoofedInTheChest

50 years ago today...

It’s May 2, 1967. The Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Montreal Canadiens 3-1 in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final.

Toronto wins the 13th Cup in its glorious history. Fifty years later, the counter is still stuck at 13.

Harold Ballard was the owner of the Toronto Maple Leafs. He joined the team in 1957 and became the vice president and minority owner in 1961. Ballard then became the majority owner in 1971 and held that title until his death in 1990.

Under his reign as majority owner from 1971 to 1990, the Maple Leafs only won eight playoff series in 19 seasons.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #764
HoofedInTheChest

The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed D Nikita Zaitsev to a seven-year contract extension. Annual value of the contract is $4.5M through 2023-24.

The Athletic has learned that $11-million of Zaitsev’s contract is linked to signing bonuses, which will be paid out over five seasons — three at the beginning of the deal and two at the end. He’ll take home a $3-million signing bonus in less than two months when the contract begins on July 1.

He has $3,000,000 in bonuses coming his way over the next three years, with a salary of just $1.5 million, followed by $2,000,000 in bonuses the final two years of the deal - keeping his salary at $2.5 million and making him a possibly easier trade if it comes to that.

The team also announced a one-year extension for forward Ben Smith worth $650,000. Can anyone say EXPOSED!
Old 05-02-2017, 02:15 PM   #765
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
50 years ago today...

It’s May 2, 1967. The Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Montreal Canadiens 3-1 in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final.

Toronto wins the 13th Cup in its glorious history. Fifty years later, the counter is still stuck at 13.

Harold Ballard was the owner of the Toronto Maple Leafs. He joined the team in 1957 and became the vice president and minority owner in 1961. Ballard then became the majority owner in 1971 and held that title until his death in 1990.

Under his reign as majority owner from 1971 to 1990, the Maple Leafs only won eight playoff series in 19 seasons.

Wow I didn't know the leafs haven't won a cup in 50, never would have guessed that. You're closer now than at any point in recent times, going toe/toe w conference fave in round 1 says a lot as well as the heart they showed, the heart thing is big and they had it. Exciting times ahead!
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply