Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:33 AM   #1036
plainolebill

If I buy a few hundred ounces it will drop like a rock.

Anyone heard from Lamboguy? He had a lot of interest in precious metals.

*I did get some good news today, Tall Grass Energy - TGE, that I bought 5 days ago got a buyout offer from Blackrock. So the share price will make a U-turn tomorrow.

*Big energy draw according to the latest API figures, might see some relief for the E&Ps. Energy is hated right now and lots of people figure you can replace petroleum as easily as styrofoam cups.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2019, 02:16 AM   #1037
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Harry Markopolos, the guy who told the SEC Madoff was a fraud and was ignored, out calling GE a fraud.

His website: http://www.gefraud.com/

Please note he's potentially conflicted this time, as he's entered into an agreement with a HF and will receive a portion of their short profits (if they end up with any). That said, I assume he would not use the term "fraud" lightly. Crazy stuff.
i have been short GE for 3 years now, in my opinion, Goldman Sachs is actually worse, and ultimately will go out of business some day, even though it is the darling of Wall Street right here and right now.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2019, 02:19 AM   #1038
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill View Post
If I buy a few hundred ounces it will drop like a rock.

Anyone heard from Lamboguy? He had a lot of interest in precious metals.

*I did get some good news today, Tall Grass Energy - TGE, that I bought 5 days ago got a buyout offer from Blackrock. So the share price will make a U-turn tomorrow.

*Big energy draw according to the latest API figures, 5might see some relief for the E&Ps. Energy is hated right now and lots of people figure you can replace petroleum as easily as styrofoam cups.
i have gold going to $1585 the ounce right now and on its way to $2700, probably in a year or 2. not to shabby for something that is the ultimate insurance policy.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #1039
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i have been short GE for 3 years now, in my opinion, Goldman Sachs is actually worse, and ultimately will go out of business some day, even though it is the darling of Wall Street right here and right now.
That's an interesting observation. Why do you say that about GS? Do you think that Malaysian Development fund fiasco will bring them down, or it's just the tip of the iceberg? Goldman worked out of our building in NY years ago, and there was no love lost between our firm and theirs.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:40 AM   #1040
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
That's an interesting observation. Why do you say that about GS? Do you think that Malaysian Development fund fiasco will bring them down, or it's just the tip of the iceberg? Goldman worked out of our building in NY years ago, and there was no love lost between our firm and theirs.
at the very same time Warren Buffert lent GE and Goldman Sachs money at the same time. when i looked at the terms of the loans it looked like he lent them both money knowing he wasn't ever going to get his money back, but protected himself with the assets both had.

When other financial institutions smell the blood of other financial institutions, they go after them with both hands, just like Lehman and Bear Sterns. same thing going to happen with Goldman, just a question of time.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:00 PM   #1041
plainolebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i have gold going to $1585 the ounce right now and on its way to $2700, probably in a year or 2. not to shabby for something that is the ultimate insurance policy.
I'm long physical gold, some as low as $200, some as high as the current price. I'm not selling but not buying more right now.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #1042
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill View Post
I'm long physical gold, some as low as $200, some as high as the current price. I'm not selling but not buying more right now.
Congrats on buying gold in 1970 in the $200's and holding on to it for almost 50 years.....Pretty smart at age 28 to think that far in the future for your grandkids wealth and well being....I'm sure you sold some of it in 1980 and in 2011, too hard to say no sale at those prices then.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #1043
Ocala Mike

I remember 1980; people were selling gold fillings and Mama's old rings at the local tobacco shops where they were ripping people off.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2019, 01:17 AM   #1044
plainolebill

I was an avid coin collector for years and when my wife and received an inheritance we bought some St. Gaudens $20 coins and some $10 Indians. Still have them and will keep them because of their beauty. Most of what gold we have is US coinage from $1 to $20.

Thanks for your kind remarks RRandall

Last edited by plainolebill; 08-29-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #1045
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Another burst for silver, up 5% today at $19.25....
Old 09-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #1046
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Two current and one former JPMorgan precious metals traders are arrested by the FBI for 'manipulating the market and sending thousands spoofing orders'

Two current and one former JPMorgan Chase employees have been arrested and charged by the FBI for their alleged participation in a racketeering conspiracy in connection with the manipulation of the markets for precious metals.
Michael Nowak, 45, and Gregg Smith, 55, are on leave, making them the third and fourth JPMorgan employees to be connected to the criminal investigation, which has resulted in guilty pleas from two former JPMorgan metals traders.
Christopher Jordan, 47, who left the company in 2009, was an executive director and trader on JPMorgan's precious metals desk in New York.
All three were arrested as part of a spoofing investigation. Spoofing involves placing bids to buy or offers to sell contracts with the intent to cancel them before execution.

By creating an illusion of demand, spoofers can influence prices to benefit their market positions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ested-FBI.html

Old 09-17-2019, 11:24 AM   #1047
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

How are the markets doing lately? A couple of posters in this forum were jumping all over it on those down days...what's happened since?

lulz

We can do this every time the market goes up and down.

I'll let you know when you should actually start worrying.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #1048
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
How are the markets doing lately? A couple of posters in this forum were jumping all over it on those down days...what's happened since?

lulz

We can do this every time the market goes up and down.

I'll let you know when you should actually start worrying.
What do you think about the JP Morgan metals manipulation?....Do you see any tumbling dominoes about to fall?....Is this the start a big reveal?
Old 09-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #1049
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
What do you think about the JP Morgan metals manipulation?....Do you see any tumbling dominoes about to fall?....Is this the start a big reveal?
its worked so far for JPM, but i always fielt that no one man or entity is bigger than any market.

as far as the markets getting destroyed, my guess from my numbers is that it will not stop going up until 2021 sometime. from there i have no idea when the big hit is coming to it, or from where its going to be coming from. you could see the dow make it up to 45,000 by then and crash down to 5000 or lower.

i have been totally wrong about the market direction in the past decade. so even though my system for 2021 comes in with a very high accuracy rate, its not 100%.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:29 PM   #1050
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Gold would be , an oz if not for all the manipulation

buy now
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply