Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:14 AM   #3901
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
You sound like that commercial....

I'm sure they take more than enough when your making money and make up difference when they are not....

if you have time enough to post on this board, you have enough time to do things much better yourself. i have lots of reasons why i would stay away from these free advisors that financial institutions provide you with.. you can learn this stuff very quickly and will never have to listen to any financial advisor or a person like myself for the rest of your life and you will be a lot happier.

I AM NOT ALWAYS RIGHT
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2022, 08:29 AM   #3902
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Here goes the Markets....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (39.0 KB, 5 views)
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2022, 08:35 AM   #3903
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
if you have time enough to post on this board, you have enough time to do things much better yourself. i have lots of reasons why i would stay away from these free advisors that financial institutions provide you with.. you can learn this stuff very quickly and will never have to listen to any financial advisor or a person like myself for the rest of your life and you will be a lot happier.

I AM NOT ALWAYS RIGHT

The one thing I did right is pull my funds out of Chase.....

I would have been losing more and paying management fees too

And recovery would be much slower with their conservative approach...
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2022, 10:52 AM   #3904
lamboguy

Quote:
The one thing I did right is pull my funds out of Chase.....

I would have been losing more and paying management fees too

And recovery would be much slower with their conservative approach...
you did 1 thing right so far, you left JP Morgan. i looked at what they have inside their funds and the way they are structured, it is pure dogshit on every thing i can see in them. i know that people got lucky the last 40 handing their money over to the gang that is supposed to know something more than you do.. i am going to tell you exactly what they know more than you, they know that you are buying or selling their funds that rely on the closing prices. that means they are frontrunning you into smithereens in the long run. i would imagine that they are all the same.
Old 05-13-2022, 03:21 PM   #3905
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
You sound like that commercial....

I'm sure they take more than enough when your making money and make up difference when they are not....

What commercial?
Old 05-13-2022, 05:49 PM   #3906
lamboguy

you are going to need at least 3 days to this bounce 4 would be better so that you get a cleared indication. i would be looking for about 12,000 nasdaq. to confirm that this is just a bear market rally you will have to see steady decreasing volume on the way up in the next 3 trading stations. that happens, you can go short and start looking for the April 29th low. then you go from there with the proper volume indicators.

when you look at Apple on a monthly, that looks like a very sick stock that can and probably will go much lower. the other great ones don't look to cool either.
Old 05-13-2022, 05:57 PM   #3907
lamboguy

my picks for leading the market whenever this bear is over are Silvergate Capital and Perficient.. i wish i had both of these today, but i didn't!
Old 05-13-2022, 07:29 PM   #3908
lamboguy

the only problem is this bear may be around for years
Old 05-13-2022, 07:30 PM   #3909
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

That was kind of a quality move up from the low of yesterday...surprised it sustained itself for that long...they were absolutely selling every single move up lately...except for today...

However, the volume was pretty weak...so...that's sad

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-13-2022 at 07:32 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2022, 10:23 PM   #3910
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
you did 1 thing right so far, you left JP Morgan. i looked at what they have inside their funds and the way they are structured, it is pure dogshit on every thing i can see in them. i know that people got lucky the last 40 handing their money over to the gang that is supposed to know something more than you do.. i am going to tell you exactly what they know more than you, they know that you are buying or selling their funds that rely on the closing prices. that means they are frontrunning you into smithereens in the long run. i would imagine that they are all the same.
my JP Morgan just hipped me up as to what he does when you decide to go into their innovative strategy. its a lot worse than i ever imagine. the money that you have to buy the strategy is already sitting in your bank account. the wealth management advisor now ships the money over to the trading desk. that trading desk now has discretion for up to 5 days to get you invested.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:28 PM   #3911
lamboguy

gold had a big day today in the face of the dollar still being so strong. if gold can break $1849, its off to the races.

the other trade i like is in the form of a pair. short the European markets and with the credit go long the United States. the key to this trade would be the currency markets. the dollar has basically gone from 94 to 104 non stop. i am guessing it stops now. it needs to come back inside the 103.820 for the confirmation of this. it will give the equities some kind of lift.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:57 PM   #3912
lamboguy

this is ral ratpoinson on sterods

but it doesn't matter what i think. i hate the CRYPTO world, but a board member of this company has found $140k to stick in this stock that is already down 84% for the year and does not look to stellar on any chart. but it really doesn't matter what the hell i think, this is all about getting the do, re, mi.... Marathon Digital Holdings is the dirty water today that i went long on at the close today. MARA should get some type of pop

its almost impossible to figure where the S+P is going this week, so i will take a back seat until i get a good signal. i am still thinking the general direction is down, but lots fo mixed or i should say possibly mixed signals coming at you. the way i am looking at it, Gold looks good right this second. now does it mean price is going up because strong buck is going down, or is there something else going on? if the buck goes down, i would say you would get a good S+p bounce.
Old 05-17-2022, 12:51 AM   #3913
lamboguy

checking our congress, it seems like they are in sell mode, unloading equities hand over fist the past 2 months for a decline in holdings of roughly $100 million.

they are buying inverse ETF's that benefit from a drop in stock prices and there seem to be a few Senators buying big amounts of Rio Tinto.
Old 05-17-2022, 12:59 AM   #3914
lamboguy

personally, i have become very bullish on the gold miners. if anyone is interested in what i am buying these days, pm me.
Old 05-17-2022, 11:34 AM   #3915
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

What a run...lol

I think we've retraced almost 25% of the drop from March...

Anyhoo, I was looking at the long term chart of the VIX today.

During COVID it hit the mid 60s...during 2008 it hit almost 80

It barely broke 30 during this recent downtrend...most major drops pulls it to at least 40+...so if we are indeed still in a downtrend (which we are), we have a ways to go...just sayin'