Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-31-2022, 06:38 PM   #16
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun View Post
You "believe" the man is guilty based on that article?? I truly hope you never get near a courtroom as a juror...and you're right..the government would never do anything shady...by the way..
The GMan isn't exactly a man of unquestioned integrity. I'll leave it at that.
Maybe you should research him.

Last edited by cj; 08-31-2022 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Politics removed from quote and post
PhantomOnTour is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2022, 10:36 PM   #17
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
Purely a coincidence because if HISA pulled something shady and set up Melancon they would be put out of business and sued from here to eternity.
If I were in the conspiracy camp, I wouldn't be thinking it was HISA itself doing anything shady, but the racing muckity-mucks who worked hard to push the Act through without hearings because it served their interests.
BarchCapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2022, 11:23 AM   #18
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun View Post
You "believe" the man is guilty based on that article?? I truly hope you never get near a courtroom as a juror...and you're right..the government would never do anything shady...by the way..
That scared me just a tad too!
Old 09-01-2022, 11:56 AM   #19
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
That scared me just a tad too!
1.He was arrested. In most cases you need some pretty solid stuff to just go out and arrest someone.

2. It's public info and although it may be older news (1980'S) he was proved to be involved in race fixing which stemmed from his alcohol and drug addiction issues back then.

IMO, IF a jockey is ever found to be guilty of race fixing it should mean automatic banishment. How can anyone tolerate or accept anything else ?

This should not be the type of business you get a second or third or fourth chance.

If you work at TSA security at the airport and let a passenger through with contraband and found guilty you will never work for the government again.

Why is racing different ? It should not be.

I respect everyone's opinion on this but not many other then myself have offered one.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2022, 12:06 PM   #20
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
1.He was arrested. In most cases you need some pretty solid stuff to just go out and arrest someone.

2. It's public info and although it may be older news (1980'S) he was proved to be involved in race fixing which stemmed from his alcohol and drug addiction issues back then.

IMO, IF a jockey is ever found to be guilty of race fixing it should mean automatic banishment. How can anyone tolerate or accept anything else ?

This should not be the type of business you get a second or third or fourth chance.

If you work at TSA security at the airport and let a passenger through with contraband and found guilty you will never work for the government again.

Why is racing different ? It should not be.

I respect everyone's opinion on this but not many other then myself have offered one.
Good post.

I'm gonna stick with those pesky rules called

Innocent until proven guilty (and)

Due process.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:20 PM   #21
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post

Well we are in the 20s!!
i'm not competent in either decade, but 2020s clearly has massive grey and dark markets, and then in the legal straight-forward stuff you have heavy political impact because of ownership and uncoupled entries, and less specifically how key members of the jockey colonies earn their big stakes mouns etc...

Should I assume Melencon will be allowed to ride and posing in the winner's circle as soon at they're on to the next meet. (this weekend?)

these are just charges. Let the facts come out.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 09-01-2022 at 01:21 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: