Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-13-2022, 12:35 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Have you considered changing carriers? Do you have one of those Drive Safe Apps? If it stopped working for some reason, that would cause your rate to go up.

I don't have a safe drive app, never did. Not going to shop insurance I like sticking with brand name carriers. I actually feared my rates would increase when the employee hit a parked car with the work truck, they didn't raise it.
I actually tried to pay the lady out of my pocket, it was at a steel yard, she was an office worker. I gave her a very generous offer and she felt I was trying to rip her off. She seemed unaware if the damage exceeds the value of the car you get retail value plus use tax. The car was an old Saturn with oxidized paint. My employee was in a rush to get in the loading line after paying and backed up without looking as the car probably was only parked there a couple minutes. Derek managed to take out the two front fenders, the hood and a few other things. The car was still driveable.

The lady comes up with the $4500 repair estimate. I went down there and offered her $2500 in $100 bills figuring it was a $1500 car. She didn't budge off the $4500. I gave her my insurance information, Allstate gave her $1200.
She had the nerve to want me to still pay her the $2500, I told her to take a hike. That made me public enemy #1 at the steel yard so I took my business elsewhere.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2022, 02:23 PM   #17
Elkchester Road

Damn!!! I was looking forward to the good news that things were turning around. I had it on "Good Authority" that now was the time. What a Buzzkill.

Remember to say Thanks today to...a Democrat, Liberal, Tree-Hugger, Never Trumper...oh, Hell...whatever you want to call the Idiots responsible for the "Leadership" and Policies that have plowed the Country's Economy under, and caused so much havoc in everyday American Life.

N O V E M B E R
Old 07-13-2022, 03:25 PM   #18
davew

Quote:
Have you considered changing carriers? Do you have one of those Drive Safe Apps? If it stopped working for some reason, that would cause your rate to go up.
Have you considered staying home all the time and getting your food delivered? You would have more time to watch CNN and MSNBC so you could be scared of everything.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2022, 03:46 PM   #19
Striker

Quote:
Not spinning it at all.it’s not good, BUT.

One, there are more important things to consider. Roe v Wade being overturned. Voting rights being suppressed. LGBTQ rights being taken away. Supreme Court and other courts being compromised.

Two, inflation is every where. Does Biden control the economy of every country?

Three, what is the Republican solution? All I hear from them is criticism, no solutions.

Four, Jan. 6.
Way to own it! Proud of you. Unless you are living under a rock at the Brookfield Zoo, the republicans have actually offered countless ideas/solutions to help bring down the gas prices, but everyone with a brain should know by now that isn’t what your party wants to do, as it goes against the “war on fossil fuels.”
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2022, 09:01 PM   #20
jay68802

Quote:
Not spinning it at all.it’s not good, BUT.

One, there are more important things to consider. Roe v Wade being overturned. Voting rights being suppressed. LGBTQ rights being taken away. Supreme Court and other courts being compromised.

Two, inflation is every where. Does Biden control the economy of every country?

Three, what is the Republican solution? All I hear from them is criticism, no solutions.

Four, Jan. 6.
Look Over Here!!!!!!! The only thing talking here is the word that is in bold in your quote. You are just talking out of your ass.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2022, 09:10 PM   #21
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Hey MOSTPOST ...Why do people hate you so much?
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2022, 02:26 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

I now only get sticker shock when the price of something doesn't look sky high.
Old 07-15-2022, 01:45 AM   #23
davew

Joe was right, that is old data. The PPI predicts what is coming
Old 07-15-2022, 04:46 PM   #24
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Where do I sign up for this 9.1% inflation? My car insurance I just paid went up 30% from 6 months ago. My last traffic violation was decades ago. I have filed 3 claims in 45 years of driving. I had a vehicle vandalized in 1980, a vehicle stolen in 1983, and in 2004 an employee backed the work truck into a parked car. Even those 3 claims didn't at up to even $10k. I also haven't changed coverage or moved.
i wonder if more and more virginians in the biden economy are dropping down to the $500 uninsured motorist fee and this is raising your risk?
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2022, 07:50 PM   #25
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Hey MOSTPOST ...Why do people hate you so much?
I do not hate mostpost, just find most of his ideas stupid and without merit. But the more I think about it, they are probably not even his ideas, just something he heard or read ..; almost like president Joe, reading the screen or his notecard.
Old 07-16-2022, 12:17 PM   #26
jimmyb

Hey mostie, spin this.

High inflation leads federal minimum wage to reach lowest value since 1956, report finds

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/15/infl...ince-1956.html
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2022, 12:27 PM   #27
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I do not hate mostpost, just find most of his ideas stupid and without merit. But the more I think about it, they are probably not even his ideas, just something he heard or read ..; almost like president Joe, reading the screen or his notecard.

He is a cookie cutter progressive, most all of them don't think the way they did 15 years ago, they all didn't arrive at the same conclusion on issues by themselves, obviously. What I think is comical is how their talking points and concerns can be led by the flavor of the month. I think it is really strange
when someone who is 60 is a different person than they were at 50. I think the best example of that is all this gender crap.