Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:38 PM   #3886
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Not going to see any sort of turnaround until we get some big volume days...we're at the point now where it's lookout below...and it's not going to stop until there is blood in the streets and panic selling ensues...

There hasn't even been a hint of a panic day...at least as I see it.

Is support at 3500? 3000? Somewhere around there, probably...that's my guess anyway...

Prepare for a couple of monster down days, coming soon to a market near you.

"Sell in May and go away..."

I agree that we have yet to see the real bad "blood in the streets" days.

I want to say that 3,360 is a good number on the S&P, that's a 30% drop, but we are over halfway there already and we don't have weak earnings or the housing market bed shitting that is inevitable yet. So if we get to that range and earnings estimates have not been revised I could easily see it being much lower.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 08:14 PM   #3887
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
Exactly, I took on Altria (the cigarette maker) and Southern Company (utilities) in October of last year and they have both been amazing.

The easy way to make up for lost money is to buy more. You never know where the twist and turns are, in 5 years we might be looking at this saying "Geez if I would ave just bought on that 29% bear run in the NASDAQ, I'd be rich"
So true. Altria did well for you? Congrats. I certainly know the company, but would not have though to invest in a dwindling industry like cigarettes this late in the game. Well done, sir.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:29 PM   #3888
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
in every bear market there is always something or some sector that does well. also bear markets usually don't last as long as the bull market. the problem is that the leaders in the prior bull market aren't usually the same things as what takes the market up in the future.
i am the first to admit that i hope i am wrong and that the stocks that exist now bring the S+P to over 10,000 in less than 3 years. that way everyone will be happy.
That would be wonderful. There is going to be some more correction in the markets, we know that. I'm holding my managed funds and will contribute more to them when the time is right. I am not trading equities at present. Not in this market. But of course, when there is a clear sign that the market may be turning around, I've got some key stocks on my buy list for gaining a position when the time is right.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:48 PM   #3889
lamboguy

the shoe company, CROX is down 70% for the year so far... the CEO is now buying this with both hands and i will be following him
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2022, 04:11 AM   #3890
lamboguy

this guy is much smarter than i

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/mc...lan051122.html

Tom Mcclellan was the man behind the McClellan oscillator for those that remember that indicator
Old 05-12-2022, 04:42 AM   #3891
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinBilly View Post
That would be wonderful. There is going to be some more correction in the markets, we know that. I'm holding my managed funds and will contribute more to them when the time is right. I am not trading equities at present. Not in this market. But of course, when there is a clear sign that the market may be turning around, I've got some key stocks on my buy list for gaining a position when the time is right.
i have a guy that lives in one of my apartments in my house. he works in a Chase JP Morgan branch office as a wealth management advisor. his job is to get people that have bank accounts and convert them into managed accounts with JP Morgan.
for 3 years he has been trying to get me as a customer for his advisory services. i told him he is selling pure garbage, he had been begging me to invest in their "innovative strategy fund" i always said now, but he got all his family, including his own father to put in $100,000. that hundred is now worth $60,000. for 3 years he kept telling me how great Jp Morgan is for his family and that even if i was right about the markets coming apart, JP Morgan would protect you through the bad times. finally, he started to question what he is doing and he made me take a look at what was inside this innovative strategy fund. so i looked. this fund is top-heavy in Microsoft, Apple, TSLA, Nvidia, Intuitive Surgical, Bank of America and a lot of what one would call the top names. after looking at it, i explained to him that all these top companies are pure garbage and some won't be around 15 years from now.

so now my friend's lightbulb finally went off. he said why should he listen to me over JP Morgan? i answered that is a great question. so i brought him downstairs to my unit and placed him in front of this computer and we went on this very site. we went back almost 3 years ago when i called for the oil market to go to zero. he saw all the people that read my posts here that proclaimed me sick in the head. we all know what happened to that oil, it not only went to zero, it went to negative numbers and now its over $100. all this only took 4 years. by no means am i saying that oil will be able to hold its price for many years. so i explained to him the same thing is going to happen with stock markets throughout the world. there is going to be a day when the S+P gets to 10,000. but i explained to him that oil was a very quick turnaround, no way are the markets ever going to come back so fast. you are probably looking at 15-25 years to be in the major bull. the guy called his father who lives in Yonkers, New York, and told him to sell his innovative strategy fund. today.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:36 AM   #3892
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
i have a guy that lives in one of my apartments in my house. he works in a Chase JP Morgan branch office as a wealth management advisor. his job is to get people that have bank accounts and convert them into managed accounts with JP Morgan.
for 3 years he has been trying to get me as a customer for his advisory services. i told him he is selling pure garbage, he had been begging me to invest in their "innovative strategy fund" i always said now, but he got all his family, including his own father to put in $100,000. that hundred is now worth $60,000. for 3 years he kept telling me how great Jp Morgan is for his family and that even if i was right about the markets coming apart, JP Morgan would protect you through the bad times. finally, he started to question what he is doing and he made me take a look at what was inside this innovative strategy fund. so i looked. this fund is top-heavy in Microsoft, Apple, TSLA, Nvidia, Intuitive Surgical, Bank of America and a lot of what one would call the top names. after looking at it, i explained to him that all these top companies are pure garbage and some won't be around 15 years from now.

so now my friend's lightbulb finally went off. he said why should he listen to me over JP Morgan? i answered that is a great question. so i brought him downstairs to my unit and placed him in front of this computer and we went on this very site. we went back almost 3 years ago when i called for the oil market to go to zero. he saw all the people that read my posts here that proclaimed me sick in the head. we all know what happened to that oil, it not only went to zero, it went to negative numbers and now its over $100. all this only took 4 years. by no means am i saying that oil will be able to hold its price for many years. so i explained to him the same thing is going to happen with stock markets throughout the world. there is going to be a day when the S+P gets to 10,000. but i explained to him that oil was a very quick turnaround, no way are the markets ever going to come back so fast. you are probably looking at 15-25 years to be in the major bull. the guy called his father who lives in Yonkers, New York, and told him to sell his innovative strategy fund. today.

You forgot to mention their own Funds they slip into your account for that extra slice on commissions...He didn't mention that ...
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2022, 01:28 PM   #3893
lamboguy

Quote:
the shoe company, CROX is down 70% for the year so far... the CEO is now buying this with both hands and i will be following him
this one seems to be working just fine today in a down market. i am probably going to be out by the end of the day
Old 05-12-2022, 01:46 PM   #3894
lamboguy

Quote:
So true. Altria did well for you? Congrats. I certainly know the company, but would not have though to invest in a dwindling industry like cigarettes this late in the game. Well done, sir.
i actually have Philip morris (PM) as a strong buy.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:38 PM   #3895
lamboguy

Quote:
this one seems to be working just fine today in a down market. i am probably going to be out by the end of the day
I'm out, made a hamburger
Old 05-12-2022, 10:41 PM   #3896
geroge.burns99
Veteran

The man has spoken.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (172.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-12-2022, 11:47 PM   #3897
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 05-13-2022, 04:37 AM   #3898
lamboguy

the S+P fell as low as 3860 yesterday and bounced off that to form a bullish hammer. there is probably a bounce coming now so it's not a great idea to be short these markets for the time being. S+P is currently up 45 points. so this is also going to serve as a gap with a magnet that will get filled at some point.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:39 AM   #3899
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
You forgot to mention their own Funds they slip into your account for that extra slice on commissions...He didn't mention that ...
Most financial advisers are not fiduciaries. They do not always operate in your best interest. If you have a bank wealth adviser managing your investments, chances are they are not a fiduciary.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:50 AM   #3900
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Most financial advisers are not fiduciaries. They do not always operate in your best interest. If you have a bank wealth adviser managing your investments, chances are they are not a fiduciary.
You sound like that commercial....

I'm sure they take more than enough when your making money and make up difference when they are not....

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 05-13-2022 at 07:53 AM.