Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-21-2022, 12:08 PM   #76
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
That is the typical response you get from the Right Guard around here. They love to speak of the Liberal Narrative, yet almost every Repub on here sings the exact same song about Libs, and lumps them all into one category.

Your endeavor here is noble, and I agree with almost everything you've said, but you'll make little headway with most of the hard core Righties on this board.
Appreciate all that you've said though
Actually, I've got to say, most of them have been engaging and have pretty well thought out arguments. We all have our differences, but in my humble opinion, our commonalities are far more important and greater than our differences.

Appreciate the support, as I have been feeling pretty lonely on this thread lol.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2022, 01:17 PM   #77
Poindexter

Quote:
That is the typical response you get from the Right Guard around here. They love to speak of the Liberal Narrative, yet almost every Repub on here sings the exact same song about Libs, and lumps them all into one category.

Your endeavor here is noble, and I agree with almost everything you've said, but you'll make little headway with most of the hard core Righties on this board.
Appreciate all that you've said though
You like to call out the "righties" on this forum. What is your stance on the "lefties" making comments at the Washington Post(see the op). I don't care if you think they are right or wrong about vaccine safety and efficacy. I am speaking of their assumption that there is zero merit to having any doubts about either or both and their intolerance of those that do have doubts. You seem to think that the irrational ones are on the right. IMO, there is far more irrationality from the left in this county. Also imo the divisiveness in this counry came not from Donald Trump, but from an extremely biased media and culture that was completley intolerant of him no matter what he did. He obviously stepped on a lot of toes and I would not even be surprised if Covid was released to make him look bad. Mhaney claims to be a democrat, but like many democrats in this country, his party has waved him goodbye. When I make the comment demoncrats, I don't speak of everyday people who identify as democrats. I speak of a party that is being led by evil folks who pretend to be on the side of good.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2022, 01:45 PM   #78
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Actually, I've got to say, most of them have been engaging and have pretty well thought out arguments. We all have our differences, but in my humble opinion, our commonalities are far more important and greater than our differences.

Appreciate the support, as I have been feeling pretty lonely on this thread lol.
Thanks for that...really

POT isn't much of a debater. He's a driver-by shooter...with nary anything constructive to add the past many years...at least in off-topic.
Old 09-21-2022, 01:47 PM   #79
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
and I would not even be surprised if Covid was released to make him look bad.
China, I'm looking right at you, buddy.
Old 09-21-2022, 01:50 PM   #80
mhaney0423

Quote:
You like to call out the "righties" on this forum. What is your stance on the "lefties" making comments at the Washington Post(see the op). I don't care if you think they are right or wrong about vaccine safety and efficacy. I am speaking of their assumption that there is zero merit to having any doubts about either or both and their intolerance of those that do have doubts. You seem to think that the irrational ones are on the right. IMO, there is far more irrationality from the left in this county. Also imo the divisiveness in this counry came not from Donald Trump, but from an extremely biased media and culture that was completley intolerant of him no matter what he did. He obviously stepped on a lot of toes and I would not even be surprised if Covid was released to make him look bad. Mhaney claims to be a democrat, but like many democrats in this country, his party has waved him goodbye. When I make the comment demoncrats, I don't speak of everyday people who identify as democrats. I speak of a party that is being led by evil folks who pretend to be on the side of good.
There is plenty of irrational people on both sides. This is exactly why I try not to refer to people as rightness, lefties, Trumpies, demoncrats, because while you may be referring to a small minority within the main group, those belonging to that group itself do not know that.

Look through this thread itself and look how.many times I have been called an idiot or stupid or dumb af. Why? Not because I have a huge difference of opinion on issues or policy, but because I personally think Trump is a turd. That is no different than someone believing the vaccine is nonsense, it is simple opinion and it is.mine and it is my right to have that opinion be it right, wrong, stupid or genius.
I may get it from both side because I also believe Biden is a turd, but again, just my opinion.

It seems on the bigger issues, i.e. the border, inflation, defund the police, rioting/looting, we are in agreement, let's focus there and fix those things.
Old 09-21-2022, 02:19 PM   #81
Poindexter

Quote:
There is plenty of irrational people on both sides. This is exactly why I try not to refer to people as rightness, lefties, Trumpies, demoncrats, because while you may be referring to a small minority within the main group, those belonging to that group itself do not know that.

Look through this thread itself and look how.many times I have been called an idiot or stupid or dumb af. Why? Not because I have a huge difference of opinion on issues or policy, but because I personally think Trump is a turd. That is no different than someone believing the vaccine is nonsense, it is simple opinion and it is.mine and it is my right to have that opinion be it right, wrong, stupid or genius.
I may get it from both side because I also believe Biden is a turd, but again, just my opinion.

It seems on the bigger issues, i.e. the border, inflation, defund the police, rioting/looting, we are in agreement, let's focus there and fix those things.
We all want things fixed, but it is not easy to fix. I do think you are right about people coming together and focussing on what they agree about and demanding that. But the obstacle imo is MSM. They are supposed to be the ones on the side of the people and keeping the politicians and corruption in check. If the people in this country do not demand more and get more from the MSM they will remain powerless. But if 40% (more?) of the population doesn't even have a clue that the MSM is complicit in all of this, with their agendas and narratives, it is really hard to expect much change to come. Sadly, imo critical thinking skills in this country have gone by the wayside. We have a big mountain to climb.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2022, 02:22 PM   #82
mhaney0423

Quote:
We all want things fixed, but it is not easy to fix. I do think you are right about people coming together and focussing on what they agree about and demanding that. But the obstacle imo is MSM. They are supposed to be the ones on the side of the people and keeping the politicians and corruption in check. If the people in this country do not demand more and get more from the MSM they will remain powerless. But if 40% (more?) of the population doesn't even have a clue that the MSM is complicit in all of this, with their agendas and narratives, it is really hard to expect much change to come. Sadly, imo critical thinking skills in this country have gone by the wayside. We have a big mountain to climb.
Totally agree but you dont start climbing the mountain by standing at the bottom waiting for someone else to go first.
Old 09-21-2022, 07:30 PM   #83
chrisl

Quote:
Of course I do, stupid is stupid, what is being allowed to happen at the southern border is downright criminal.

Inflation is through the roof with little relief in sight.

Defending the police is lunacy, more funding is what is needed.

Renewable energy is a good thing and needs to be explored thoroughly, but doing so should not make it so ordinary Americans cannot feed their families.

These are all things that republicans and democrats should agree on in principle, and I think we do/will, despite the sentiment thrown about here and elsewhere.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2022, 07:55 AM   #84
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Thanks for that...really

POT isn't much of a debater. He's a driver-by shooter...with nary anything constructive to add the past many years...at least in off-topic.
Is that what you call the 'discourse' on this site?...debate?
It's nothing more than misinformation and insult from both sides.
That's not 'debate'.

Like Mhaney0423 stated earlier - he's been called "an idiot or stupid or dumb af" in this thread.
How should one debate with people who resort to that? Mostie also hurls insults almost every day here, and so do you.

As my first post in this thread implied: it's useless to try to engage in debate with a group of people who are as close minded as many on this site.
That's why I drive by and laugh.

Speaking of constructive contributions...does rage posting at 3am and starting ten threads in 20mins qualify?

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 09-22-2022 at 07:57 AM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2022, 08:48 AM   #85
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour;2831891

As my first post in this thread implied: it's useless to try to engage in debate with a group of people who are as close minded as many on this site.
[B
[/B]
And I always thought you were just goofy!
wHODATHUNK?
Old 09-22-2022, 09:23 AM   #86
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
And I always thought you were just goofy!
wHODATHUNK?
I prefer Dopey
Thanks
Old 09-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #87
jocko699
Resurrectionist

^^^^^^^^^^^^
** Troll Alert **
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2022, 10:38 AM   #88
xtb

Quote:

xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2022, 08:32 PM   #89
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Speaking of constructive contributions...does rage posting at 3am and starting ten threads in 20mins qualify?
I never write any words...like FanDan, I just post other people's stuff...how is that rage posting?

If you're raging, shouldn't you be writing 300 word essays actually raging at something?

And why is 3am bad? Are you time-shaming me? LMAO
Old 10-02-2022, 10:53 AM   #90
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
It is no secret to this forum what my stance is on covid and vaccines and most importantly giving vaccines to children. So I run into this article from the Washington Post, basically discussing how even in pro vaccine areas there are very few young Kids vaccinated. To me that is fantastic. So as usual I start reading the comments and to my surprise person after person is going on about how irresponsible the parents are being, how cruel and selfish they are being. People respond and explain that kids get covid and get better...very few die and the ones that do usually it was from comorbidities. But these folks aren't having it. To them vaccines are safe and effective and to a lot of them you are evil incarnate if you don't get yourself and your kids vaccinated. Some of them I think would actually like forced vaccinations on the entire population. Some of them of course going on about Trump and Republicans.....These people are so screwed up in the head it is just mind boggling to me. After all the lies and these people still trust government and vaccines and Pharma. Truly amazing. I guess in their mind if the Washington Post doesn't print it, it has to be fake news. These people seem genuinely pained that people are not getting there kids vaccinated. From everything I have seen, I would be genuinely pained if they were getting their kids vaccinated. Strange world indeed. Here is the article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...virus-vaccine/
In the near future everyone gets vaccinated whether or not they need or want it.

https://bit.ly/3fAnCfh

"Scientists tricked mosquitoes into delivering vaccines to humans"