Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-20-2022, 06:23 PM   #61
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
And honestly how many democrats have you personally talked to that want to defund the police, I am a democrat and I have never met one that wanted to do this, and I certainly would not vote for one. How many democrats have you talked to that think rioting and looting is OK and should not be punished to the full extent of the law, again I dont know any that think this and I certainly don't. The new green deal to the best of my knowledge is basically supported by a few far left wing jobs, while i do support exploring renewable energy sources I do not support just cutting off fossil fuels and breaking people's banks. So where is all this radical left republicans are talking about.....oh sure there are some radicals, and the right has their own Boebert's and Greene's, so lets not act like they dont exist on both sides. I would say that about maybe up to 20% of democrats may be far left and up to 20% of Republicans may be far right, but guess what, that leaves 80% that can use common sense and work through the country's problems in a bipartisan manner IF we dont let the crazy 20% of either party dictate our thinking.

Just look at what is happening in all of the cities. You may not know anybody who support the radical ideas but they are being implemented daily. How many nights in a row was their rioting in Portland? People who loot seldom face charges. No bail for major crimes in NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, LA, etc. It is all happening right in front of us. Not a peep from the left condemning any of it. Did I mention human trafficking and drug smuggling happening at a record pace? The 20% of the left you refer to are getting their way on every radical policy they promote.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:30 PM   #62
xtb

Quote:

The fight you speak of should be against the status quo, against the current system and against the dominant two political parties that foment the status quo. We need to fight for America and Americans ...
You just defined what Trump was all about.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2022, 06:33 PM   #63
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Just look at what is happening in all of the cities. You may not know anybody who support the radical ideas but they are being implemented daily. How many nights in a row was their rioting in Portland? People who loot seldom face charges. No bail for major crimes in NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, LA, etc. It is all happening right in front of us. Not a peep from the left condemning any of it. Did I mention human trafficking and drug smuggling happening at a record pace? The 20% of the left you refer to are getting their way on every radical policy they promote.
I guess it's good I don't live in a big city, must've been the reason I never wanted to. So why don't we try and focus on the thousands of mid sized cities. Funny how you only mention the most overpopulated urban areas....and not the rest of America, or do you believe democrats only live in overpopulated urban areas? Those huge cities have their own sets of problems for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which has been gross mismanagement by the democratic leaders there, and guess what, I'd put those leaders in the 20% I was referring to.previously.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2022, 06:35 PM   #64
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
You just defined what Trump was all about.
Trump was, is, AND WILL ALWAYS BE ABOUT HIMSELF! Make no mistake, I cannot believe anyone would think otherwise.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:41 PM   #65
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Trump was, is, AND WILL ALWAYS BE ABOUT HIMSELF! Make no mistake, I cannot believe anyone would think otherwise.

For all his warts Trump's policies weren't that bad. I seriously had no idea how terrible Biden was. I think when he was VP I was so sick of that POS Obama I tuned the whole administration out.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2022, 06:43 PM   #66
AndyC

Quote:
I guess it's good I don't live in a big city, must've been the reason I never wanted to. So why don't we try and focus on the thousands of mid sized cities. Funny how you only mention the most overpopulated urban areas....and not the rest of America, or do you believe democrats only live in overpopulated urban areas? Those huge cities have their own sets of problems for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which has been gross mismanagement by the democratic leaders there, and guess what, I'd put those leaders in the 20% I was referring to.previously.

It's happening just about everywhere. My list of cities was just to show some obvious examples and not meant be the only problem areas. You need to broaden your information sources.

Democrats live everywhere and where they have a majority they are far more likely to implement radical changes.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:58 PM   #67
jocko699
Resurrectionist

The dumbest statement seen in a while. I typically ignore this poster but WTF would anyone want to be President? Arrogance is a key personality trait of all those past Presidents. The difference is those that got shit done.

F*ckin ignorant.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2022, 07:06 PM   #68
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Yeah, record employment for minorities, energy independence, border being addressed, fentynol being brought to light, NATO being made to pay their fair share, no armed conflicts, jobs jobs jobs......who could ever be happy with that?
Old 09-20-2022, 07:13 PM   #69
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post

The dumbest statement seen in a while. I typically ignore this poster but WTF would anyone want to be President? Arrogance is a key personality trait of all those past Presidents. The difference is those that got shit done.

F*ckin ignorant.
I'm just gonna sit here and chuckle to myself. I'm not even gonna say why! I will let you wonder!
Old 09-20-2022, 09:43 PM   #70
chrisl

Quote:
And honestly how many democrats have you personally talked to that want to defund the police, I am a democrat and I have never met one that wanted to do this, and I certainly would not vote for one. How many democrats have you talked to that think rioting and looting is OK and should not be punished to the full extent of the law, again I dont know any that think this and I certainly don't. The new green deal to the best of my knowledge is basically supported by a few far left wing jobs, while i do support exploring renewable energy sources I do not support just cutting off fossil fuels and breaking people's banks. So where is all this radical left republicans are talking about.....oh sure there are some radicals, and the right has their own Boebert's and Greene's, so lets not act like they dont exist on both sides. I would say that about maybe up to 20% of democrats may be far left and up to 20% of Republicans may be far right, but guess what, that leaves 80% that can use common sense and work through the country's problems in a bipartisan manner IF we dont let the crazy 20% of either party dictate our thinking.
Have you ever spoken out against these things. Remember silence is violence.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2022, 07:33 AM   #71
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
Have you ever spoken out against these things. Remember silence is violence.
Of course I do, stupid is stupid, what is being allowed to happen at the southern border is downright criminal.

Inflation is through the roof with little relief in sight.

Defending the police is lunacy, more funding is what is needed.

Renewable energy is a good thing and needs to be explored thoroughly, but doing so should not make it so ordinary Americans cannot feed their families.

These are all things that republicans and democrats should agree on in principle, and I think we do/will, despite the sentiment thrown about here and elsewhere.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:25 AM   #72
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
I'm just gonna sit here and chuckle to myself. I'm not even gonna say why! I will let you wonder!
Typical lib! When we run out of coherent arguments we crack jokes or shoot insults!
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2022, 10:01 AM   #73
davew

Quote:
EXACTLY, selling out the country for the benefit of his family. Kids that are drug addicts getting big dollars for nothing. Millions from China, Russia, Ukraine, Mexico, ....

The citizens in America are better off paying more for everything and tripling interest rates. Doubling fuel costs and draining the federal oil reserve. The dark cold winter coming up will kill thousands. Why would anyone want pipelines when transport by train and truck has always worked well.

Allowing millions into the country of the best and brightest from countries all around the world. Helping people get out of their jails with a trip through our borders.

Make America great again people are domestic terrorists and the communist marxists will jail them. Bring able to buy things for yourself is selfish when that money can be used to buy things for our leaders and other people of the world.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2022, 10:24 AM   #74
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
Typical lib! When we run out of coherent arguments we crack jokes or shoot insults!
Except, go back and read, I have called noone stupid, ignorant, or anything of the such. I am trying to have an inclusive discussion. There is no point in me calling anyone names, it doesn't change people's opinions or help anything, and yet I have been told I'm stupid multiple times in this thread alone.

Really my friend, had you paid any attention to what I had written here, you would see that I am anything but a typical liberal, but obviously you made the choice not to read. I have been nothing but critical of far left leanings.

As a matter of fact, as far as recent policies go, I am much closer to being a republican. While the policies are good the rhetoric is not and people who make comments like you just did are a big part of the problem, NOT the solution.

Furthermore, me saying I was going to sit back and chuckle was hardly a joke or an insult. If you wanna know why I will sit back and chuckle please PM me, I'd be happy to share.
Old 09-21-2022, 11:35 AM   #75
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Except, go back and read, I have called noone stupid, ignorant, or anything of the such. I am trying to have an inclusive discussion. There is no point in me calling anyone names, it doesn't change people's opinions or help anything, and yet I have been told I'm stupid multiple times in this thread alone.

Really my friend, had you paid any attention to what I had written here, you would see that I am anything but a typical liberal, but obviously you made the choice not to read. I have been nothing but critical of far left leanings.

As a matter of fact, as far as recent policies go, I am much closer to being a republican. While the policies are good the rhetoric is not and people who make comments like you just did are a big part of the problem, NOT the solution.

Furthermore, me saying I was going to sit back and chuckle was hardly a joke or an insult. If you wanna know why I will sit back and chuckle please PM me, I'd be happy to share.
That is the typical response you get from the Right Guard around here. They love to speak of the Liberal Narrative, yet almost every Repub on here sings the exact same song about Libs, and lumps them all into one category.

Your endeavor here is noble, and I agree with almost everything you've said, but you'll make little headway with most of the hard core Righties on this board.
Appreciate all that you've said though

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: