Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-31-2022, 09:04 AM   #61
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No, it's your logic that is backwards. You actually believe that by abolishing an amoral, inanimate object like a firearm -- an object that has no volition -- is actually going to reduce homicides!? Here's a clue for you: Guns don't kill; people kill. So...if you want to reduce the number of homicides, we need to lock up the killers who shoot people.

Secondly, abolishing guns will only remove guns from law-abiding citizens. Criminals, by definition, are law-breakers. They don't give two flips about the law. They think they are a law unto themselves.

Lastly, here are some real gun stats on Red and Blue states:

https://www.netadvisor.org/2015/11/0...an-red-states/
Your so wrong. Guns are the easiest tool to murder someone especially mass murders. You still didn't answer my question. Why does your country have a lot more gun violence and murder by gun. than any other civilized country? Your link is skewed since more people live in Blue states if you look at it per capita Republicans own 9 of the top 10 states as shown here,
https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...apita-by-state
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2022, 09:06 AM   #62
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
We need to send all out gang members to Canada and see what happens to their murder rate.
We also have gangs here. There are also gangs in many other countries with strict gun laws. The murder rate is much lower
Old 08-31-2022, 09:11 AM   #63
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Do you honestly think Murderers won't kill if they don't specifically have a Gun to do it???

This is a dead issue...at least in America. Our "Government" has spouted Gun Control for way too long that does NOT address the issue of getting said Guns out of the hands of Criminals. For this reason...nobody is giving up their Guns.

Sorry this rains on your Parade, Liberals. Not.
It doesn't rain on my parade. I don't live there. The problem lies in the fact that criminals are not the only ones committing murder. Most of the mass shooters were not criminals until they committed these shootings. Yes murders will still kill but it will a lot harder for them without guns especially the mass murders. I'm not a Liberal although on this issue I side with them. There are a lot of civilized countries with very low gun violence due to strict gun laws and those countries are very safe. Much safer than yours.
Old 08-31-2022, 09:16 AM   #64
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
That's great . They don't say what the murder rate was but can you imagine what it would be without guns? Their rate is probably a lot higher than other major cities around the world where they have strict gun laws.
Old 08-31-2022, 09:18 AM   #65
azeri98

Quote:
I would explain the extremely low murder rates in these countries compared to the US by the fact that these countries do not contain certain cultures in significant numbers that exist in the US. One example.

https://newsone.com/3769526/black-mu...me-statistics/

The police chief and Public Safety Director (a former judge) are black btw.
So your blaming blacks? You do realize that of the top 10 states in per capita gun deaths, 4 are predominantly white.
Old 08-31-2022, 09:26 AM   #66
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
That's great . They don't say what the murder rate was but can you imagine what it would be without guns? Their rate is probably a lot higher than other major cities around the world where they have strict gun laws.

yes it would be scary to go anywhere cause all the crime that would be happening with the criminals who have firearms.
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2022, 11:05 AM   #67
boxcar

Quote:
Your so wrong. Guns are the easiest tool to murder someone especially mass murders. You still didn't answer my question. Why does your country have a lot more gun violence and murder by gun. than any other civilized country? Your link is skewed since more people live in Blue states if you look at it per capita Republicans own 9 of the top 10 states as shown here,
So are knives, hammers, scissors tools that can kill. So what is your point? Guns don't kill anyone. People do. What so difficult to understand about that?

From the article to the link I posted:

[7] Review

We found that Blue (Democratic) States had 46 percent more murders than Red (Republican) States. The Uniform Crime Report data suggests that states who generally have strong anti-gun views do not reflect in lower murder rates. We can also conclude the premise that more murders are committed by person(s) using “assault rifles” (AR-15s) is UNFOUNDED. We further concluded that one is more likely to be killed by an attacker’s hands/ feet (62%), by a cutting instrument (84%), or non-gun weapon (84%), than be killed by a rifle such as an AR-15 (2.8%).

Also, taking your screwy logic to its logical conclusion, we should ban all automobiles because more people die in auto accidents than by guns!

Additionally, in a violent society, you don't take away guns from the law-abiding citizens, otherwise how are they going to exercise their inalienable right of self-protection? When you want to get rid of the dirty wash water, it's still a good idea to keep the baby.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:41 PM   #68
baconswitchfarm

Quote:
We also have gangs here.

The maple syrup posse
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2022, 01:31 PM   #69
Inner Dirt

Quote:
We also have gangs here. There are also gangs in many other countries with strict gun laws. The murder rate is much lower

Do you have a lot of black gangs?They have the lowest morals, they will shoot up funerals and weddings. Things that brown and the rare white gangs won't do. You also have the same land mass as us with the population of California. The urban ares are the hubs for homicides and gun violence, the amount and size of yours are nothing compared to the USA. Do share a border with Mexico?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2022, 02:08 PM   #70
Elkchester Road

Quote:
It doesn't rain on my parade. I don't live there. The problem lies in the fact that criminals are not the only ones committing murder. Most of the mass shooters were not criminals until they committed these shootings. Yes murders will still kill but it will a lot harder for them without guns especially the mass murders. I'm not a Liberal although on this issue I side with them. There are a lot of civilized countries with very low gun violence due to strict gun laws and those countries are very safe. Much safer than yours.
I would say by how much you are barking in this Thread it DOES rain on your Parade. You're not a Liberal...yeah, right. Let me guess...you are "Neutral". Why is it you people think everybody buys your Horseshit???

Anyways...you got problems of your own in your Utopia...even if you refuse to see it. You people up there should be the ones hoping the most that the United States doesn't get plowed under. You won't say it...but you KNOW it.

Last edited by Elkchester Road; 08-31-2022 at 02:10 PM.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2022, 04:05 PM   #71
davew

Quote:
Yes, but do those countries let the perps free without bail because they are racist like in USA?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2022, 05:04 PM   #72
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
My wife and her ex owned multiple RV parks in the Valley (TX) prior to my meeting her. Snowbirds from Canada would tell her quite the opposite. They preferred the crappy (in comparison to dallas) heathcare system in Harlingen to their healthcare system at home

They were happy to pay the extra $ to get better treatment. Most were from Ontario and Manitoba
Just the opposite response from my friends. They’re mostly from the Vancouver area. I think health care varies from one province to another. In any case it’s their system. For us to comment is superfluous.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:30 PM   #73
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
So your blaming blacks? You do realize that of the top 10 states in per capita gun deaths, 4 are predominantly white.

No, I am not blaming "blacks". I am blaming a culture that is predominantly black. Certainly not all blacks belong to this culture.

Demographic data from 10 years ago shows that the murder rate for non-Hispanic whites in the United States falls in line with the murder rates for the European Union. This data is harder to come by today, I'm sure it's considered racist to track such things.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2022, 10:45 PM   #74
Inner Dirt

Quote:
No, I am not blaming "blacks". I am blaming a culture that is predominantly black. Certainly not all blacks belong to this culture.

Demographic data from 10 years ago shows that the murder rate for non-Hispanic whites in the United States falls in line with the murder rates for the European Union. This data is harder to come by today, I'm sure it's considered racist to track such things.

Black gang culture is the worst, that is fact, facts are not racist. Look at the recent public murders over things like getting cold fries or complaining about cold fries. Even though they are 13% of the population 90% of the people killing over nothing are dark skinned individuals. Who shoots up funerals and weddings? Same suspects. I blame the media, and prosecutors. Even people that know the truth are afraid to speak it. Black leaders like Martin Luther King would not get a lick of air time today, just all the Crazy Maxine, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Ben Crump race baiters get the press. If you don't think that has a negative effect, you are past stupid. Also all the black man killed by police, portraying them as innocent victims. Every single one of those gets air time and the cop is immediately branded a racist. White person killed by police, is a non story.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2022, 09:45 AM   #75
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
yes it would be scary to go anywhere cause all the crime that would be happening with the criminals who have firearms.
All the criminals already have firearms. Criminals in other countries also have firearms yet gun deaths remain low. Can you explain why? I can

Last edited by azeri98; 09-01-2022 at 09:46 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: