Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-20-2022, 09:22 PM   #16
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
I still have some hope. Really enjoy NorCal. Great people, incredible places to visit. I live about an hour and 15 from Tahoe. My Daughter just did a day trip with the grandsons and spent the day. They had an incredible time. Government just destroys everything. I was a very strong Elder supporter.
I think you are in a better location up in that part of No Cal.

Been to Lake Tahoe, we were in Reno for daughter's softball tourney, during a hot summer day and that cold clear water with a smooth bottom was extremely refreshing.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 09:26 PM   #17
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I think warped is too kind a word, Democrats are progressively more insane. Speaking of Huntington Beach I see they replaced that old power plant that was right off the beach. I am assuming sea level rise consumed it?

I used to go right across from there to hit the beach after work when I was a teenager to get a jog and wait for the traffic to clear.
I lived down the street from Esperanza HS in East Anaheim.
Yes, that power plant is now below about 20 feet of water, the structure makes for a great fishing location. During high tide the water now reaches the 405 freeway.

Those were much different and better times and Main St. was still a dirt road. Not sure how long it has been since you have been but PCH from prior to Main St. all the way to Beach Blvd is completely built up with beach front hotels, resteraunts, and shopping. Pretty nice
Old 08-20-2022, 10:47 PM   #18
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
Yes, that power plant is now below about 20 feet of water, the structure makes for a great fishing location. During high tide the water now reaches the 405 freeway.

Those were much different and better times and Main St. was still a dirt road. Not sure how long it has been since you have been but PCH from prior to Main St. all the way to Beach Blvd is completely built up with beach front hotels, resteraunts, and shopping. Pretty nice

The time I got my DL 45 years ago from Huntington to Sunset Beach there wasn't much but sand. Sorry to hear the old power plant is now a fish habitat. I don't think I was around that beach area much after I turned 18 and moved. I was in the general area often, just never along the coast. I lived in San Clemente from 1990-1994, I am sure my old jogging/biking trail I used next to the train tracks 1/4 mile from the shore then is also underwater.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 11:01 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
I think you are in a better location up in that part of No Cal.

Been to Lake Tahoe, we were in Reno for daughter's softball tourney, during a hot summer day and that cold clear water with a smooth bottom was extremely refreshing.

That clear water is definitely something I miss in parts of California and dry heat summers. There is a lot of water here but since it rains so often it is usually murky. I am walking back and forth to my shop picking at some work.
It is like 75 outside, and even in the shop with windows open and fans running I am sweating and my arm pits are like swamps. I have AC, but I think it is wasteful to run AC when it is freaking 75 degrees out! I swear if it was 90 degrees with dry heat a couple fans running wearing a tank top and shorts I would not be sweating.
Old 08-20-2022, 11:09 PM   #20
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
The time I got my DL 45 years ago from Huntington to Sunset Beach there wasn't much but sand. Sorry to hear the old power plant is now a fish habitat. I don't think I was around that beach area much after I turned 18 and moved. I was in the general area often, just never along the coast. I lived in San Clemente from 1990-1994, I am sure my old jogging/biking trail I used next to the train tracks 1/4 mile from the shore then is also underwater.
You would think with all the climate change gloom and doom all the nonsense I wrote and you sarcastically echoed would be true.

One truth is there was talk of turning that land adjacent to power plant, that is still very much on dry land, into a desalination plant, it got shot down.

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 08-20-2022 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2022, 11:35 PM   #21
chrisl

Since the oceans are going to rise, tremendously. Then start using desalination plants that will clean the rising water, pipe that water wherever it is needed. Run the plants off of wind and solar. Hey problem fixed. BIG LOL
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2022, 11:36 AM   #22
myohmyjustify

To those that believe the silly notion that the GOP's red wave is over already, here is an important tell otherwise.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/22/whit...c-service.html

Quote:
The nation’s top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, plans to step down from his roles running the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and advising the White House as its chief medical advisor at the end of the year, he announced Monday.

If Tony Fauci didn't have serious worries come January 2023 about his criminal conduct pertaining to, but not exclusive of, his role per the Covid pandemic and his gain of function support to Wuham Labs he'd never leave.

Fauci is (in)directly responsible for the millions of lives lost world-wide thanks to the Wuhan virus. I repeat: Fauci is afraid and he sees no protection from the establishment/uniparty and is running like the fraud he is.

There will be a red wave coming in November, like it or not.

Deny this all you want. Knock Trump. Push Liz as your savior. Take your best shot. You'll all be whistling in the dark.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2022, 11:57 AM   #23
Inner Dirt

From the article on Fauci:

Fauci has become a household fixture during the Covid-19 pandemic, battling back misinformation — sometimes from the highest levels of government.

Wasn't he the one providing a lot of the misinformation? You have to love the BS the liberal media puts out. I wonder how could Covid been handled worse than it was?
Old 08-22-2022, 02:30 PM   #24
Elkchester Road

Quote:
From the article on Fauci:

Fauci has become a household fixture during the Covid-19 pandemic, battling back misinformation — sometimes from the highest levels of government.

Wasn't he the one providing a lot of the misinformation? You have to love the BS the liberal media puts out. I wonder how could Covid been handled worse than it was?
Inner Dirt...it couldn't. The proof is all around us. Lots of other Countries managed to navigate this Pandemic without infringing on the Rights of it's Citizens...or destroying their Economies.

And when we look at this now, 2 years or so later...and see all of the Chaos that conveniently accompanied the Pandemic...it is easy to see why SO MANY PEOPLE ARE SUSPECT OF THE GOVERNMENT, IT'S OFFICIALS, AND THEIR AGENDAS.
Old 08-22-2022, 04:42 PM   #25
lex

I'd say the politicians had the duty to push back against Fauci.

And anyone thinking the Republicans would actually do something about him shouldn't hold their breath. Endless hearings to cut political ads is about all that's going to happen.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply