Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-16-2022, 03:59 PM   #121
Stevecsd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
It is amazing how the climate alarmists who shout " We need to go to 100% green energy as soon as possible, we are killing the planet" , buy whatever they are told, hook line and sinker.

He would be lucky to make enough solar power on average to run one apartment, if that. I would hope a solar installer if it ever comes to that is
honest with him.

The best thing that could happen is he ends up freezing in the winter and possibly realizes his folly. But probably unlikely.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2022, 04:22 PM   #122
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
The best thing that could happen is he ends up freezing in the winter and possibly realizes his folly. But probably unlikely.

People in California that move into new all electric homes in areas where it gets cold in winter will be in for a rude awakening, also California in most areas has the highest electric rates in the nation. I am totally blown away
by the attitude of people thinking wide spread green energy is right around the corner. The solar crowd is the worst, they live in fantasy land. None of them will listen, and of course most people pimping it aren't using it.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 12:14 AM   #123
xtb

'This is not doctored': See IRS recruit 'Police Academy'-style armed agents

https://www.wnd.com/2022/08/not-doct...-armed-agents/

xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 08:20 PM   #124
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
IRS! OPEN THE DOOR MR. PLATT OR WE'LL KICK IT IN!

What?

WE HAVE A WARRANT! We're here to seize last year's credit card statements and verify that you did in fact spend $196.12 for an airline ticket you claimed as an unreimbursed travel expense on your tax return!

Couldn't you have just gotten electronic copies of my credit card statements from my bank?

We could have Mr. Platt. But let me tell you, that's not half as much fun as kicking someone's door in at 3:30 in the morning.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 08-18-2022 at 08:26 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 08:59 PM   #125
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
IRS! OPEN THE DOOR MR. PLATT OR WE'LL KICK IT IN!

What?

WE HAVE A WARRANT! We're here to seize last year's credit card statements and verify that you did in fact spend $196.12 for an airline ticket you claimed as an unreimbursed travel expense on your tax return!

Couldn't you have just gotten electronic copies of my credit card statements from my bank?

We could have Mr. Platt. But let me tell you, that's not half as much fun as kicking someone's door in at 3:30 in the morning.

-jp

Yep, what could possibly go wrong?
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 11:42 AM   #126
jimmyb

Multiple conservative outlets reported this week that GM and Ford had raised the prices of certain electric models by between $6,000 and $8,500, roughly matching the $7,500 tax credit introduced under the inflation bill.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-spending-bill
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 11:54 AM   #127
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

it's all just a giant scam...always has been...and they don't even care if it's blatantly in your face and you know about it.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:41 PM   #128
chrisl

They all look like complete misfits. There will be accidents. Phucktards comes to mind. They will have the upper hand. Scary!
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 12:57 PM   #129
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
They all look like complete misfits. There will be accidents. Phucktards comes to mind. They will have the upper hand. Scary!

There is nothing worse than a stupid person with authority. I had some issues
with the California Franchise Tax Board, they lost my tax return and turned around and based my income on my gross receipts I listed on my sales tax report or whatever they called it. The issue was most those items were sold at fire sale prices in 2008 when the recession killed my business making my own products. The idiot kept insisting I owed taxes on those sales like it was

all profit, but it actually yielded a loss. The form they use showed sales per tax district in California, total gross sales USA wide, but does not reflect any costs. All they did was get a couple $100 left in a business account they pilfered. I gave up trying to straighten it out as it was hard to get through and I always spoke to idiots that probably couldn't fill out a 1040 EZ if they still had those.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 01:15 PM   #130
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

51% of all IRS actions in 2021 were against people making less than $7,000 a year.
Old 08-21-2022, 01:52 AM   #131
ElKabong

Quote:
Definitely.

Thanks Manchin. Thanks Sinema. Hope you both get your asses kicked in your re election attempts

Embarrassing
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2022, 07:43 AM   #132
davew

could any of this be true?

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2022, 09:54 AM   #133
OntheRail

Quote:
They may have the upper hand... but from what I see in that video. Many won't be able to give a thumbs-up after their accidental discharge. Keystone Kops look like seal team 6 compared to these Federal Employees.

Thanks Joe B&M... Thanks Sinema... may fleas invest your homes and bring the plauge with them.