Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-28-2021, 09:16 PM   #1
FRMNBRI

Question about Racing Form??

Hey Fellas,

Question for anyone that might know answer. Does the daily racing form actually print out the normal copy daily. I know you can buy them and print them out online but was curious if they print the newspaper copy out daily. I can't stand reading them online and printing them out daily cost a fortune with ink cost. Where I live though you can only buy them at the newsstand Thursday- Sunday. I would imagine if you lived in Bensalem and wanted to buy the form on mondays they print it. Just was curious how they works. Thanks
FRMNBRI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2021, 09:21 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

yes, yes and yes?
Old 06-28-2021, 09:45 PM   #3
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
yes, yes and yes?
Thank You, I know it was a multi answer question. I don't know where i can buy it daily since the local tracks only run Thur-Sunday. Even the local OTB doesn't get the forms on Wednesday which sucks. I need to move!!
Old 06-29-2021, 09:29 AM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

https://www1.drf.com/formFinder.do
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2021, 11:08 AM   #5
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Not every location sells the form every day. Where I am located in the NYC suburbs, finding a form when NYRA is not running is very difficult. Same thing when I’m in Florida and it is hard to get a form when Gulfstream is dark.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2021, 12:34 PM   #6
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman179 View Post
Not every location sells the form every day. Where I am located in the NYC suburbs, finding a form when NYRA is not running is very difficult. Same thing when I’m in Florida and it is hard to get a form when Gulfstream is dark.
Thanks Zman. That’s the same with me. I wish they sold the form daily. I love nothing more than a fresh form and handicapping even the smaller tracks that run early in week. Printed it out is just not the same for me as the real form.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:46 PM   #7
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

As far as printing your own, check out the cost of using a laser printer. I estimate it costs me about $0.50/track.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2021, 09:21 PM   #8
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
As far as printing your own, check out the cost of using a laser printer. I estimate it costs me about $0.50/track.
Thank you, for sure I will look into that. I still love the actuall form for some reason, I don't know it just different. I mean tomorrow there is some great racing to handicap and I would love if the newsstand had the form for GP and Tampa. Im sure if the DRF would have them available for example like tomorrow, it would generate more income for the track. Many handicappers I know don't even bet till Thursdays be they can't get the form
Old 06-30-2021, 03:55 PM   #9
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRMNBRI View Post
Thank you, for sure I will look into that. I still love the actuall form for some reason, I don't know it just different. I mean tomorrow there is some great racing to handicap and I would love if the newsstand had the form for GP and Tampa. Im sure if the DRF would have them available for example like tomorrow, it would generate more income for the track. Many handicappers I know don't even bet till Thursdays be they can't get the form
You can always try the DRF Digital Paper which is just the DRF just digital

Average pages between 100-and 300 pages but printing only the tracks you need + the front pages of the form would be around 20-100 pages depending on how many racetracks you want and also how many races each track has

Even less when you double side them with a laser printer!

Seeing Tampa Bay and Gulfstream in today's DRF Digital paper and Gulfstream tomorrow

Just my 2 cents hope this helps in a way, man!
Old 06-30-2021, 05:29 PM   #10
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
You can always try the DRF Digital Paper which is just the DRF just digital

Average pages between 100-and 300 pages but printing only the tracks you need + the front pages of the form would be around 20-100 pages depending on how many racetracks you want and also how many races each track has

Even less when you double side them with a laser printer!

Seeing Tampa Bay and Gulfstream in today's DRF Digital paper and Gulfstream tomorrow

Just my 2 cents hope this helps in a way, man!
Thanks for the reply. It helps. Will definitely look into it. Again this probably sounds weird but handicapping isn’t the same when you don’t have the ink rubbing off on your hands when your studying. I know. It’s totally weird. I’m going to find a way to get the DRF delivered daily to our front door just like the paper. Lol.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:49 PM   #11
Bennie

Around here you can find them at some 7-11 stores but not all and years ago where I used to live there was a small family owned store that sold newspapers, lottery, cigarettes and even served a light breakfast. I remember people coming in there and picking up the form and sports eye. They used to go up to the counter and the owners would reach under and pull up whatever it was they wanted. Come to find out they had regulars who they would have the papers delivered to the store for and reserve them for each customer who wanted one. Always had someones name written on them. If you ever saw one with the regular newspapers, it meant someone wasn't coming today and it was up for sale. You should check out some of the local places around you if you have any, it doesn't cost anything to inquire and you may meet someone that can help direct you to a location in the area.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 07:09 PM   #12
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
Around here you can find them at some 7-11 stores but not all and years ago where I used to live there was a small family owned store that sold newspapers, lottery, cigarettes and even served a light breakfast. I remember people coming in there and picking up the form and sports eye. They used to go up to the counter and the owners would reach under and pull up whatever it was they wanted. Come to find out they had regulars who they would have the papers delivered to the store for and reserve them for each customer who wanted one. Always had someones name written on them. If you ever saw one with the regular newspapers, it meant someone wasn't coming today and it was up for sale. You should check out some of the local places around you if you have any, it doesn't cost anything to inquire and you may meet someone that can help direct you to a location in the area.
Great info and great story. I love hearing stuff like that. My regular place always puts one on hold for me which is nice. But for example. There is no so cal racing till Friday. So I can’t get the form from the local liquor store till tomorrow am bc the guy doesn’t drop them off. It’s just frustrating. Most guys I see theses days all just use there iPad and look at it on-line. So today I will have to print up the tracks I wanna play tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:39 AM   #13
Gamblin4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRMNBRI View Post
Thanks Zman. That’s the same with me. I wish they sold the form daily. I love nothing more than a fresh form and handicapping even the smaller tracks that run early in week. Printed it out is just not the same for me as the real form.
I used to go to Lone Star park and could buy forms even when the track was closed to live racing, but the simulcast building was open. That has been a few years back though.
Gamblin4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply