Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:19 PM   #2431
lamboguy

after hours on GME is up $60 to $211. i didn't pull the trigger by the close, but i think i am going to get in short momentarily.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2021, 06:58 PM   #2432
lamboguy

this thing is still running, now $230.. there must be a lot of idiots like me out there thinking they can step in front of these guys.. the robinhooders are ready for whomever decides to step up to the plate. i still haven't pulled the trigger, but i will!
Old 01-26-2021, 08:13 PM   #2433
lamboguy

this stock closed at $209 and i never got down. there wasn't that much depth after hours from what i saw. but tomorrow morning there will be plenty of people panicking to get out of their shorts and this could push the stock even higher.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:30 PM   #2434
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Here's yet another sign of the impending market crash:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...m?srnd=premium

Bigger than the one we saw due to the pandemic...and longer lasting...don't say you weren't warned....

When everybody thinks they can make a fortune in the market, when your idiot friends, relatives and co-workers are all "day trading...."

THAT'S WHEN THE BUBBLE BURSTS
Old 01-26-2021, 08:30 PM   #2435
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
this stock closed at $209 and i never got down. there wasn't that much depth after hours from what i saw. but tomorrow morning there will be plenty of people panicking to get out of their shorts and this could push the stock even higher.
There was talk of the SEC halting trading on it, late today.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:39 PM   #2436
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
There was talk of the SEC halting trading on it, late today.
on Monday they halted the stock 4 different times. this thing will have plenty of margin calls in the morning... it could run to over $300 and it could drop from there.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:47 AM   #2437
ultracapper

I bought into Workhorse Friday at 23.50

This morning I wake up and it's on the move, and it doesn't stop until the after hours session ends. It's about 33.50 right now and the story is that they see the short interest in the 15-20% range and they go after it. Absolute dumb lucky on my part, but however I got it going, I got it going. It won't be the GameStop story, but if they want to push it up to 45-50, I'm more than happy to wait until Friday for them to do it.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2021, 03:16 AM   #2438
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
I bought into Workhorse Friday at 23.50

This morning I wake up and it's on the move, and it doesn't stop until the after hours session ends. It's about 33.50 right now and the story is that they see the short interest in the 15-20% range and they go after it. Absolute dumb lucky on my part, but however I got it going, I got it going. It won't be the GameStop story, but if they want to push it up to 45-50, I'm more than happy to wait until Friday for them to do it.
this is the new way to trade stocks! at least for now, it will work until it ends badly, and i mean real bad. what you should do is write all these names down that have the big short interest in them, when the shorts get cleaned out you should go in and short those names. this will have some pin action to them, eventually the good ones will tumble as well like MSFT, AAPL, GOOG, FB, etc, etc. they will all go.

MP went up without the big short interest in it, but that isn't safe either in a big down market, but probably is better to own than the real high flyers. MP on hold now for earnings. it did have a very meaningful retracement.

AMY.V gonna have a news release today, i don't know what's in it but it will probably be a good one. someone big is probably gong to buy that company out at some point this year. before it goes there is a spinoff waiting for approval that is the mining division of the company.. they own an abandoned mine called Roche Deboule. there is nothing on that property that has an open pit mine, so if the property is feasible, it will be a high cost producer. probably there is no one that knows what that number would be before they get the drill results. the price of oil has shot up and that is 25% of the cost to dig mines. at one point long ago, Roche Deboule mined 80 metric tons of ore in one year.
https://americanmanganeseinc.com/pro...2/rocher-iocg/
Old 01-27-2021, 09:58 AM   #2439
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Both Bitcoin & Litecoin are showing me the same indicators to SELL now, using the same criteria I used to call the Market a SCREAMING BUY back on April 10, 2020. That was 5000+ points ago on the Nasdaq and 8000+ points on the Dow.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...33768&page=126
Post #1880.

I have roughly six sell signals on Bitcoin over the last two weeks. The 8 day EMA has slightly crossed the 20 day MA, which is another short term negative signal.
Ethereum also looks very close to a strong sell, but not yet. Tread lightly if you are in these.

Chart for $BTCUSD that I use.
https://schrts.co/SRHkrxjW
Think we may see thousand(s) of points down days. Not talking about only cryptos.

https://schrts.co/bGtAEuTJ

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 01-27-2021 at 09:59 AM. Reason: add on
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2021, 10:37 AM   #2440
lamboguy

Fidelity and Wellington both own a good chunk of GME as of the last filing.. there is no chance that they are going to hold on at these numbers because they trade on fundamentals. this stock hit $350 this morning.

AMY.V came out with the good news this morning and the stock sold off, it filled the game it had at $1.00 and went down to .82, now its back up in the high .90's. no volume on this move though...

another a couple of beauties, MACY;S and AMC now up $12. this is the new way to trade stocks sports fans. great until it doesn't work.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:00 AM   #2441
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

A part of me relishes the fact that "reddit" traders are actually causing institutional short sellers to scramble.

Another part of me can't believe "retail reddit" traders or RobinHood or whomever "retail" could ever have that kind of power...
Old 01-27-2021, 12:09 PM   #2442
lamboguy

GME made it to $362. AMC now $16.00... in those Redit chatrooms the people are talking about moving GME up another $100 so that they can payoff heir student loans and mortgages. one guy in there says he wants to start buing race horses with all the money he's made.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:28 PM   #2443
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
GME made it to $362. AMC now $16.00... in those Redit chatrooms the people are talking about moving GME up another $100 so that they can payoff heir student loans and mortgages. one guy in there says he wants to start buing race horses with all the money he's made.
this is absolutely hilarious if true.

I still can't believe they can get THAT MANY retail traders together to go into one stock to PUSH OUT institutional shorts.

Something really smells about this entire scenario...
Old 01-27-2021, 12:46 PM   #2444
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

I still can't believe they can get THAT MANY retail traders together to go into one stock to PUSH OUT institutional shorts.

they got 12 million people that trade with them... one guy claimed he started with the $600 stimulus check in March and ran it up to over a million so far. i don't know if the stories are true or not, just like i don't know if the WHO are reporting real numbers every day that i post about the corona.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:40 PM   #2445
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

I would guess the people that were going to make money from this have already done so, and a lot. The people that are a little late are going to get crushed. Crazy times, good to see the regular guys (though surely there are sharks on Reddit too) beat up the establishment. But some regular people will get hurt too.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: