Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #151
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Hey, man, I just ate.

On a serious note:

GOP White House
GOP Senate
GOP House

People are going to think the GOP can't get its collective sh#t together and the Republicans will take most of the blame. Especially on Trump's one year anniversary as President.
Apparently, math is hard for you so I'm going to help out.

51 < 60
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #152
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Apparently, math is hard for you so I'm going to help out.

51 < 60
I know math just fine .1 GOP WH. + 1 GOP Senate. + 1 GOP House of Reps = the 3 big levers of the federal government.

I stand by my original statement about the PERCEPTION of responsibility for the shutdown.No one says you have to love it but when one party controls the Big Three Enchiladas,they get the blame.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #153
MONEY

Quote:
I know math just fine .1 GOP WH. + 1 GOP Senate. + 1 GOP House of Reps = the 3 big levers of the federal government.

I stand by my original statement about the PERCEPTION of responsibility for the shutdown.No one says you have to love it but when one party controls the Big Three Enchiladas,they get the blame.
The republicans do not control the senate.
In order to control the senate a party needs a filibuster proof 60 senators.

I believe that President Obama had 60 democrat senators for a couple of years,
and we got out of it was Obamacare.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:58 AM   #154
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
The republicans do not control the senate.
In order to control the senate a party needs a filibuster proof 60 senators.

I believe that President Obama had 60 democrat senators for a couple of years,
and we got out of it was Obamacare.
Trump would disagree with you...

elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #155
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Trump would disagree with you...

https://youtu.be/-zZFNxnMie0
All Trump said, was that the person at the top gets blamed for failures and he is right.
That doesn't make what I wrote incorrect.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #156
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
All Trump said, was that the person at the top gets blamed for failures and he is right.
That doesn't make what I wrote incorrect.
Yes my bad.

Not you. All the others who think this won't reflect poorly on Republicans and the President.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #157
woodtoo

It reflects badly on all involved, when the job doesn't get done.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #158
zico20

Quote:

So what you are saying is that the Democrats purposely shut down the government to make the Republicans look bad. I guess they had to with the booming economy and good news coming out of Washington that left the Democrats irrelevant.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:00 PM   #159
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
So what you are saying is that the Democrats purposely shut down the government to make the Republicans look bad. I guess they had to with the booming economy and good news coming out of Washington that left the Democrats irrelevant.
They also needed to get the Trump Dossier & FISA out of the Headlines.
Success!
Old 01-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #160
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
I think you nailed it perfectly! Dems can't handle all this good economic news, politically, nor do they want the public to digest it too much. So, they get to play the Bad Boys and blame the republicans.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #161
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
People are going to think the GOP can't get its collective sh#t together and the Republicans will take most of the blame. Especially on Trump's one year anniversary as President.
It is blatantly obvious the the dems walked out on negotiations - REFUSED to to do the job they were elected to do. UpChuck Schumer has descended to depths hereto unknown to civilized people. HE is the POS big mouth who condemned the GOP previous shut-downs and now he is doing the EXACT same thing he has blamed the repubs for previously.

It was pre-planned to do this on Trump's anniversary. There was 0 change any bill would have been passed. 0. Nadda. As in 0bama, and NObrah.

Upchuckie and the rest of band of anti-american traitors put illegal immigrants ahead of US citizens and our military.

Upchuck is a disgusting POS.
And a liar. PUTIN is more of an American the ANY democrat. ANY of them.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:34 PM   #162
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
It was pre-planned to do this on Trump's anniversary. There was 0 change any bill would have been passed. 0. Nadda. As in 0bama, and NObrah.
I'm not so sure. If you wanted to really vilify the democrats for a shutdown you would have just put it up for a vote. That way when it failed you could have really hammered them. My guess is it had a much higher chance of passing than Nada hence why it wasn't introduced.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:46 PM   #163
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I'm not so sure. If you wanted to really vilify the democrats for a shutdown you would have just put it up for a vote. That way when it failed you could have really hammered them. My guess is it had a much higher chance of passing than Nada hence why it wasn't introduced.
I believe the bill couldn't be voted on.

"Washington (CNN)Legislation to prevent the government from shutting down failed Friday night in the Senate ahead of the midnight deadline. The total on the procedural motion was 50-49, but 60 votes were needed to advance the bill."

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/20/politi...own/index.html
Old 01-20-2018, 01:17 PM   #164
reckless
Veteran

All I know is that I cannot wait for the November elections.

The GOP will gain seats in both the House and Senate -- despite all the 'expert' commentary coming from so-called journalists and assorted lunatics in (un)social media outlets.

The landslide GOP victory in November will prove once again that blaming the Republicans for the current government shut down will not hurt them at all come election time.

And I will the remind the anti-Trumpers on here of all this, of course. They do have a history of running away and hiding from their prior silly and incorrect opinions, predictions and posts, especially the most guilty.

Maybe the biased and crazed media should put up a count-down clock to Election Day!

Can't wait for tomorrow because Donald Trump gets better every day
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2018, 01:48 PM   #165
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
All I know is that I cannot wait for the November elections.

The GOP will gain seats in both the House and Senate -- despite all the 'expert' commentary coming from so-called journalists and assorted lunatics in (un)social media outlets.

The landslide GOP victory in November will prove once again that blaming the Republicans for the current government shut down will not hurt them at all come election time.

And I will the remind the anti-Trumpers on here of all this, of course. They do have a history of running away and hiding from their prior silly and incorrect opinions, predictions and posts, especially the most guilty.

Maybe the biased and crazed media should put up a count-down clock to Election Day!

Can't wait for tomorrow because Donald Trump gets better every day
That projection is likely to occur, but think immediate retribution might also occur. People here might think John Conyers might have been a product of research opposition, regardless of who leveled accusations. Major pounds of flesh are about to be served for various dirty deeds by the left. Should something happen to immediately conclude Robert Mueller current job it might spin off huge damage to the left.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply