Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
Templar

Do you honestly think that we know all there is to know about Mitt and Ann Romneys taxes based on two "rigged" and readily amended returns after the election?

The issue did not go away. It has just became abundantly clear to everyone that Romney would rather lose than release what's ever in them. As George Will observed many months ago - Romney has concluded that he has more to lose by releasing them than by withholding them!

After November 6th no one will give a damn about either of them!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #17
cj's dad

another MD in spin.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar
I don't need anyone to "come to my defense". I just like to hang out where individuals can openly express their views without having to follow a pre-determined "party line".

You are merely proving his point!
Who prevented you from openly expressing your views? Looks like they were openly expressed to me.

You just don't appreciate the feedback. I guess "hi-fiving" is only ok when it's done one way, but not the other...if all you got were "hi-fives" in response, would that have made you happy? And would have dahoss bothered to criticize people for "hi-fiving?" I don't know...

I do know that arguing over minutia like this is quite unproductive.

I sure hope this thread devolves down that path again...it's so much fun...
Old 10-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Do you honestly think that we know all there is to know about Mitt and Ann Romneys taxes based on two "rigged" and readily amended returns after the election?

The issue did not go away. It has just became abundantly clear to everyone that Romney would rather lose than release what's ever in them. As George Will observed many months ago - Romney has concluded that he has more to lose by releasing them than by withholding them!

After November 6th no one will give a damn about either of them!
There are plenty of existing threads dealing with Romney's tax returns, if that was the true intention of starting this thread, which has now becoming as obvious as wind on a hurricane.

I wonder if dahoss approves of such tactics? He's the resident critic of how things operate around here...
Old 10-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #20
Dahoss9698
Veteran

So now I'm at fault for this thread? Wow.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #21
Templar

This whole "Romney thing" was an afterthouht of mine. My point was that some of the guestions raised about his taxes such as a $100,000 IRA may be the result of IRS lack of auditing.

When I was in real estate I knew several high earning brokers that admiitted making large questionable deductions and saying that it was "up to IRS" to denigh them. Often, they got away with it as they were never audited.

I did not intend to start a thread about Romney, it just the result of some "trigger happy" Romney supporters responding. I can't wait until Nov. 7th and everyone puts their knives back where they belong.

And BTW I personally think IMHO that Romney is a tax cheat and will never be convinced otherwise until he releases all his tax returns!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
So now I'm at fault for this thread? Wow.
Who said that? Whoa there big feller!

I mean, come on...am I now not allowed to comment on what you write?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
And BTW I personally think IMHO that Romney is a tax cheat and will never be convinced otherwise until he releases all his tax returns!
So you're going to sit there and tell me, with Obama as President of the United States, you believe that Romney CHEATED on his taxes and Obama and the IRS is letting him get away with it? In an election year? And he's running AGAINST Romney?

Whoa there big feller indeed!

Suffice to say, your statements are highly illogical.

If Romney cheated on his taxes, I have no doubt that would have been brought to light a LONG time ago...

The IRS has his tax returns. And you think they're sitting on this cheating scandal...yeah...ok...
Old 10-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #24
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Who said that? Whoa there big feller!

I mean, come on...am I now not allowed to comment on what you write?
Of course you can. You seem to really enjoy reading my posts and critiquing them.

But you lecture people for questioning why threads are started because as you say...you welcome people posting and starting threads. Now you seem to be questioning why this thread was started.

Interesting.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
bigmack

Quote:
I did not intend to start a thread about Romney, it just the result of some "trigger happy" Romney supporters responding. I can't wait until Nov. 7th and everyone puts their knives back where they belong.
You're not dumb enough to actually think people not bright enough to smell a re-entry a MILE away, are you, Madam?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #26
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
So you're going to sit there and tell me, with Obama as President of the United States, you believe that Romney CHEATED on his taxes and Obama and the IRS is letting him get away with it? In an election year? And he's running AGAINST Romney?

Whoa there big feller indeed!

Suffice to say, your statements are highly illogical.

If Romney cheated on his taxes, I have no doubt that would have been brought to light a LONG time ago...

The IRS has his tax returns. And you think they're sitting on this cheating scandal...yeah...ok...
I like this logic.

Kind of reminds me of the birth certificate nonsense involving Obama.

Interesting indeed.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Of course you can. You seem to really enjoy reading my posts and critiquing them.

But you lecture people for questioning why threads are started because as you say...you welcome people posting and starting threads. Now you seem to be questioning why this thread was started.

Interesting.
All I did was kindly point out and welcome him to visit our fine existing Romney tax threads, as that seems to be what he really wants to talk about.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #28
newtothegame

Quote:
This whole "Romney thing" was an afterthouht of mine. My point was that some of the guestions raised about his taxes such as a $100,000 IRA may be the result of IRS lack of auditing.

When I was in real estate I knew several high earning brokers that admiitted making large questionable deductions and saying that it was "up to IRS" to denigh them. Often, they got away with it as they were never audited.

Really????
That's quite hillariouas considering this was post #1 from you....
"No wonder Romney gets away with paying so little - I don't think anyone at IRS knows what the hell they are doing. Perhaps I am a damn fool for always paying my honest taxes. I've never had to deal directly with the IRS before - and with luck will never have to do so again!"

Yea, I can see how you didn't intend for this to be a Romney thread!!! lmao
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #29
Templar

I sure didn't intend my little "venting" thread to go this direction.

However, one thing appears clear is that some of you seem to be living under the assumption that the IRS somehow prevents people from not paying the taxes that they should have paid.

For those on a fixed salary with payroll tax deductions most are forced to pay what is due - after all the IRS already has your money! But for non-employed private business operatives - it's a whole different ball came. I personally know real estate brokers that "overlooked' tens of thousands in reportable commissions - "poor records" and all.

Last edited by Templar; 10-30-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #30
Greyfox

Quote:
I did not intend to start a thread about Romney, it just the result of some "trigger happy" Romney supporters responding.!
"Bull shit!"

Your bitch was about being charged more than a $52 transfer fee and waiting an hour on the phone.

Then as a side bar you made a comment about Romney, instead of Obama's flunkees who charged you that.

(By the way, don't try out for MENSA. They'll take your non-refundable money.)
Closed Thread