Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-25-2013, 12:24 AM   #151
SharpCat

Crazy times posted on the track feed in Gulfstreams 10th race. 1/4 mile 04.33, 1/2 mile 26.40 and 5/8 in 38.09.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 03:13 AM   #152
iceknight

ok, I am confused by this Gulfstream time.. (track record note)

Here is Artax winning in 1:07.89
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbP...try=USA&race=6

but the equibase chart of this race that happened in 1999 lists a track record of 6f (a slower time by Big Drama - 1:08.12.. in 2011) as the track record.. What am I missing?

and...I didn't know that Wise Dan was beaten in the 6f BC sprint in 2010 by Big Drama and 4 others!!! What??? (chart )

Last edited by iceknight; 06-25-2013 at 03:15 AM.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #153
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I think all track records were reset when the track was reconfigured several years ago.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #154
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
All kinds of missing fractions and bogus times the past few weeks.
I was thinking about this and I would think as a professional handicapper u gotta love this.....think About the advantage you would have by having accurate time or close to it and the public that didn't do there homework left with wrong information,....Unless maybe its harder then I think to keep your own time watching on tv.....I guess thats not easy.....

Trying to come up with an analogy here.....maybe it would be like 2 people betting baseball and 1 has acess to the pitchers and the other one doesn't...

Now I'm not a pro handicapper by any means but if I was betting Yonkers professionally id love for wrong times to be posted if go back and time the race myself.....

But now that I thinks about it doing your own timed for the flats with different distances and different timer locations it would be nearly impossible I guess...but you would have a better clue then the clowns at otb hahaha
wiffleball whizz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #155
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
I was thinking about this and I would think as a professional handicapper u gotta love this.....think About the advantage you would have by having accurate time or close to it and the public that didn't do there homework left with wrong information,....Unless maybe its harder then I think to keep your own time watching on tv.....I guess thats not easy.....

Trying to come up with an analogy here.....maybe it would be like 2 people betting baseball and 1 has acess to the pitchers and the other one doesn't...

Now I'm not a pro handicapper by any means but if I was betting Yonkers professionally id love for wrong times to be posted if go back and time the race myself.....

But now that I thinks about it doing your own timed for the flats with different distances and different timer locations it would be nearly impossible I guess...but you would have a better clue then the clowns at otb hahaha
Final time is easy if you know the track and practice. Fractions are much tougher due to camera angles and varying distances as you say.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #156
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I think all track records were reset when the track was reconfigured several years ago.
Thanks! After this post I had been reviewing this thread and lot of useful info! Appreciate it guys..
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #157
ezpace
Veteran

ASK YOURSelf

WHO would benefit from fecking with the times and
publication or NO PUBLICATION OF THEM ?

I would think in most buisnesses if some employees
or outsiders were fecking with your buisness mgmt
would harshly DEAL WITH IT and VERY ABRUPTLY.

NOT HORSERACE TRACK MGMTS. pieces of garbage
ezpace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #158
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpace
WHO would benefit from fecking with the times and
publication or NO PUBLICATION OF THEM ?

I would think in most buisnesses if some employees
or outsiders were fecking with your buisness mgmt
would harshly DEAL WITH IT and VERY ABRUPTLY.

NOT HORSERACE TRACK MGMTS. pieces of garbage
Why are you even here? What's your angle?

I mean, damn, if I hated and mistrusted something that much, why would I waste my time in a forum posting about it? I would just leave it in the rear view mirror and move on with life. But not you...

So there has to be some sort of angle...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-01-2013 at 10:43 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #159
BIG49010

Arlington must have returned the timer to Gulfstream yesterday, the charts are a mess.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:53 AM   #160
BIG49010

The times for the Stakes races seem a little strange from Saturday. The mile and a half race is very strange, and the 3 yr old race either is very good or off by a mile.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-14-2014, 06:54 AM   #161
sammy the sage

yes...they went very slow...acted as if turf WAS NOT firm although listed that way...

got the feeling many entered were NOT fully cranked either...esp...since MILLION day coming up next for many entered....
Old 07-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #162
sammy the sage

as far as the actual timer/timing from there...I gave up a long time ago...there are several here who do...do the times manually or otherwise...perhaps they'll enlighten us both...
Old 07-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #163
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG49010
The times for the Stakes races seem a little strange from Saturday. The mile and a half race is very strange, and the 3 yr old race either is very good or off by a mile.

Any thoughts?
I think they are very fishy as well.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #164
Valuist

I think the only takeaways on the stakes can be taken from the American Derby and Modesty. The Amer Derby was run faster than the race for older fillies/mares. The pace was faster and we saw 7 fillies finish within 1 1/2 lengths of the winner.

As for the Stars and Stripes and Arlington Handicap, they don't card many races at 1 1/4 miles and 1 1/2 miles. At least on Million day they also run the Secretariat at the same distance (1 1/4m) for comparison. On paper, there was no early speed in either race so its not shocking they were crawling.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #165
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Well, if anything, the timer is getting worse. I'm seeing more and more missing times, and a few reported times that are wrong.
This is a good example for Trakus to be installed at all major tracks.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply