Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:01 PM   #916
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Well...I've had several customers....over 50 yrs' of age....tell me....they've NEVER voted in their entire lives....but just registered to vote FOR Trump....no one has said that about Biden....
I just had a guy in his late 60’s who told me the exact same thing except he’s voting for Biden and I’m thinking...

What a worthless piece of ****. Democracy can do without people like him.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:30 PM   #917
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I just had a guy in his late 60’s who told me the exact same thing except he’s voting for Biden and I’m thinking...

What a worthless piece of ****. Democracy can do without people like him.
Well...I tell people who don't vote...(and there are many)...you get what you practice...SHIT....you got no say so don't bitch and shut up...
Old 10-12-2020, 10:33 PM   #918
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Anyone who honestly believes Trump is going to win needs to step back and look at the data.

Anecdotes are just that.

My neighborhood right now is 7 to 6 with Biden to Trump signs. (I don't do signs so the margin would be bigger) My neighborhood is also staunchly Republican. Does this mean Biden is going to win?

Hell no... Clinton lost this area by 40+.

Biden will lose as well but if he only loses by 20 or 30... that flips the state.

Meanwhile we have people like Cortes blathering on how polls are "oversampling" democrats when if we break down the polls we'd see the exact opposite is true and the GOP, not the Democrats, is actually being slightly oversampled.
So you believe EVERYTHING the media tells you....regardless of topic?...seriously...

I don't know who's going to win...but it's a TOTAL coin flip...
Old 10-12-2020, 10:45 PM   #919
JustRalph
Just another Facist

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020...-the-election/
Old 10-13-2020, 12:27 AM   #920
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
So you believe EVERYTHING the media tells you....regardless of topic?...seriously...

I don't know who's going to win...but it's a TOTAL coin flip...
I don’t need the media to tell me anything.

I can look at the data of the NYT/Sienna poll and realize its oversampling Republicans by a point or two. That's why pollsters have MOEs. Its possible Trump is doing better than they suggest but its actually more likely Biden is a hair better.

From that I can glean that Trump is in deep deep shit at the moment and everyday that ticks by is lost opportunity cost to make up ground.

Furthermore, I don't need the media to tell me Trump rolled snake eyes squeaking past a terrible candidate in Clinton. That happened. Since then Trump has NEVER had a above water approval rating in his entire presidency so is it more or less likely he's shed voters since 2016?

At the end of the day pollsters want to be right and that's why even typically R slanted pollsters like Rasmussen, IDB, and Trafalgar are sprinting to join their contemporaries in their assessment of the race right now.

This race isn't close... at all... it will likely tighten a bit but for Trump to have a chance it needs to tighten a LOT.

Still possible but time is definitely running out.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2020, 02:40 AM   #921
ElKabong

Clinton was a terrible opponent. Biden today didn't know what office he is running for, couldn't remember Mitt Romney's name. He's worse than Clinton

You can either believe polls that call 600 people. or you can use your eyes and see the rallies of the 2 candidates. Trump draws thousands, and their excitement is real. Biden's? Looks worse than Clinton's rallies.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2020, 02:55 AM   #922
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I don’t need the media to tell me anything.

I can look at the data of the NYT/Sienna poll and realize its oversampling Republicans by a point or two. That's why pollsters have MOEs. Its possible Trump is doing better than they suggest but its actually more likely Biden is a hair better.

From that I can glean that Trump is in deep deep shit at the moment and everyday that ticks by is lost opportunity cost to make up ground.

Furthermore, I don't need the media to tell me Trump rolled snake eyes squeaking past a terrible candidate in Clinton. That happened. Since then Trump has NEVER had a above water approval rating in his entire presidency so is it more or less likely he's shed voters since 2016?

At the end of the day pollsters want to be right and that's why even typically R slanted pollsters like Rasmussen, IDB, and Trafalgar are sprinting to join their contemporaries in their assessment of the race right now.

This race isn't close... at all... it will likely tighten a bit but for Trump to have a chance it needs to tighten a LOT.

Still possible but time is definitely running out.
well, you can't argue with scientific data
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2020, 04:01 AM   #923
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
He's not.

Mystery solved, off you go.
Rea what I posted. He is chasing the senior vote.
Or why spend his shrinking bankroll. Snap out of it.

Off go both of you

Last edited by hcap; 10-13-2020 at 04:15 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2020, 05:15 AM   #924
hcap

Various polls as of the 7th.Even
Rasmussen has Joe ahead.

https://www.statista.com/chart/21377...-versus-biden/

Old 10-13-2020, 06:54 AM   #925
biggestal99

Betfair next president market

Biden 1.49
Trump 3.05

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2020, 07:03 AM   #926
bpiets
Veteran

all these are fake news sites ....just like in 2016...
bpiets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2020, 09:38 AM   #927
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

one would think...the "fake news" would be the race is TIGHT...thereby encouraging Biden voters to actually VOTE...

if they keep hearing how Joe's gonna win in a blowout...they might not bother...it's a lock...why go through the hassle??

that was part of the problem in 2016.

so I say...keep saying joe's gonna win in a blowout

in fact, here, let me help.

JOE IS UP BY 20...game over
Old 10-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #928
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
one would think...the "fake news" would be the race is TIGHT...thereby encouraging Biden voters to actually VOTE...

if they keep hearing how Joe's gonna win in a blowout...they might not bother...it's a lock...why go through the hassle??

this election is a lot tighter than the polls suggest.. overnight the line swung 30 cents in favor of Trump. i suspect that might have something to do with court rulings which favor Trump in both Pennsylvania and Texas regarding drop boxes and proper signatures for mail in ballots.. many believe that mail in votes favor democratic candidates (i am not so sure of this) but that is how it is perceived. be that as it is, in Texas there is only 1 drop box in all of Harris county which happens to be a stronger country for democrats.. however those people can still drop their ballots in the mailbox and that should reach the election officials on time. the fact that there is only 1 drop box is perfectly legal, they can have as many or as few as they want.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2020, 10:03 AM   #929
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

They should put drop boxes in front of every single home and apartment in the USA
Old 10-13-2020, 10:18 AM   #930
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

I'll agree that the media is playing the race closer than it actually is. However, given the shock of 2016 which wasn't nearly as one-sided as this I don't know how you blame them.

In 2016 we had a education gap among whites amd it was a systemic polling error that benefited Trump by about 3 points in the rust belt. That particular error won't occur this time but even if a similar one favoring Trump were to occur right now.... Biden still wins quite comfortably.

A lot can change in 3 weeks but people are already voting so... time is running out and this race isn't close right now.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply