Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #20071
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Yes. But donuts with radial spokes is as unlikely as a successful professional horse player who does not believe in cause and effect, probability, the tote and actuarial tables.
Oh...so you need radial spokes, too? Can I replace those with a cup of coffee? I relish the idea of meditating at the Dunkin' Donuts near me.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:36 AM   #20072
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Oh...so you need radial spokes, too? Can I replace those with a cup of coffee? I relish the idea of meditating at the Dunkin' Donuts near me.
We have been telling you all along to look within.

Try beneath too......

Old 06-25-2015, 08:28 AM   #20073
boxcar

Quote:
We have been telling you all along to look within.

Try beneath too......
Well, then..that cup of coffee should work just fine. I can do my lookin' within at the same time I'm stirrin' within.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:38 AM   #20074
hcap

Quote:
Well, then..that cup of coffee should work just fine. I can do my lookin' within at the same time I'm stirrin' within.
The above proves you are unaware of how boxcars roll. Did you think you levitated?

Btw, I could not find a photo of a caboose (your fictitious receiver of effects from the future) with proper radial spoked wheels.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:41 AM   #20075
boxcar

Quote:
The above proves you are unaware of how boxcars roll. Did you think you levitated?
I know exactly how to roll boxcars.

Quote:
Btw, I could not find a photo of a caboose (your fictitious receiver of effects from the future) with proper radial spoked wheels.
Contact the Mission Impossible team.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #20076
hcap

Quote:
I know exactly how to roll boxcars.
Were you a professional crap shooter for 30+ years as well as a horse player?

Did you use cause and effect to shoot dice? Or did your god shoot boxcars for you?

Actually there is a some supporting evidence you may have shot craps. You do an excellence job shooting a lot of crap here
Old 06-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #20077
boxcar

Quote:
Were you a professional crap shooter for 30+ years as well as a horse player?
Only when I was on a white hot roll.

Quote:
Did you use cause and effect to shoot dice? Or did your god shoot boxcars for you?
We were both causes. See Acts 1:24-26

Quote:
Actually there is a some supporting evidence you may have shot craps. You do an excellence job shooting a lot of crap here
But next to you, I pale by comparison.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:46 AM   #20078
hcap

More on approaching truth from different directions and how words can both hide and illuminate what is similar. A common theme, even if it does not appear to be.
Quote:
Zen training involves effort and striving to "put a stop to the arising of conceptual thoughts" and make the mind "motionless" (Huang-Po). This is just training. It is not the goal or the ultimate in itself. Takuan Soho advised constant striving (kufu) to "let go of thought after thought and see directly to the place before Heaven and Earth separated." Eventually, there will be a breakthrough and what involved effort becomes relaxed and effortless. Then the stage of training is replaced by wu wei.
The 14th century Zen master Gasan Joseki indicated that the Gospels were written by an enlightened being:

"And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They toil not, neither do they spin, and yet I say unto you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these...Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself."

Gasan said: "Whoever uttered those words I consider an enlightened man."
Old 06-26-2015, 08:19 AM   #20079
boxcar

Quote:
More on approaching truth from different directions and how words can both hide and illuminate what is similar. A common theme, even if it does not appear to be.
The 14th century Zen master Gasan Joseki indicated that the Gospels were written by an enlightened being:

"And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They toil not, neither do they spin, and yet I say unto you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these...Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself."

Gasan said: "Whoever uttered those words I consider an enlightened man."
Many to this day consider Jesus to be such. Yet, Jesus himself claimed that he was much more than that. "Who do people say that I am?"
Old 06-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #20080
hcap

Quote:
Many to this day consider Jesus to be such. Yet, Jesus himself claimed that he was much more than that. "Who do people say that I am?"
You do know if you take this literally.....
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." You have ruled out all the other religions in the world. As I have mentioned more than once. Commonalities trump differences.

Believe what you want, but please don't tell everyone else they are wrong. I think study of mind as spoken about in Zen and by some western mystics, rather than religious dogmatic beliefs--should be the starting point.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:24 PM   #20081
boxcar

Quote:
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." You have ruled out all the other religions in the world. As I have mentioned more than once. Commonalities trump differences.

Believe what you want, but please don't tell everyone else they are wrong. I think study of mind as spoken about in Zen and by some western mystics, rather than religious dogmatic beliefs--should be the starting point.
I would bet my life that if Jesus had used the indefinite article in the three key phrases, you would have no problem taking him literally.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:35 AM   #20082
Hank

Quote:

Quote:
Believe what you want, but please don't tell everyone else they are wrong.
I think study of mind as spoken about in Zen and by some western mystics, rather than religious dogmatic beliefs--should be the starting point.
Why do you think he hangs around here? His ego thrives on telling people they are wrong and he is right.Why do you think he flamed out as a handicapper?Just Imagine when his "can't lose" "mortal locks"BOXCAR specials were up the track for all to see Thus his bruised and battered little ego sought refuge in an area where his claims of exclusive possession of the "TRUTH" are nonverifiable.

Last edited by Hank; 06-27-2015 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:31 AM   #20083
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
Why do you think he hangs around here? His ego thrives on telling people they are wrong and he is right.Why do you think he flamed out as a handicapper?Just Imagine when his "can't lose" "mortal locks"BOXCAR specials were up the track for all to see Thus his bruised and battered little ego sought refuge in an area where his claims of exclusive possession of the "TRUTH" are nonverifiable.
He never posted a horse before a race was rum. So in fact we will never know if his

---"non-cause and effect"
---"everything including gambling outcomes are never random,
---but from his fairy-godlike god"
---absurd BS has been acted upon by our gambling web site preacher.

Of course everything he says and his
---nonverifiable bible ramblings will always remain nonverifiable.

Last edited by hcap; 06-27-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:56 AM   #20084
boxcar

Quote:
He never posted a horse before a race was rum. So in fact we will never know if his

---"non-cause and effect"
---"everything including gambling outcomes are never random,
---but from his fairy-godlike god"
---absurd BS has been acted upon by our gambling web site preacher.

Of course everything he says and his
---nonverifiable bible ramblings will always remain nonverifiable.
But what is "verifiable" is that if Jesus had said that he was A way, A truth and A life, you wouldn't say a peep about interpreting those words literally. You are king of the two-bit phonies around here.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:44 AM   #20085
hcap

R.I.P. .