Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #331
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
This isn't just a debit/credit situation. The United States invests considerable assets and investment of time checking Iran and its down channel proxies. Assets and time that keeps them away from China's growing influence elsewhere.

It's the whole purpose of proxies.

The argument that they wouldn't find value in it now goes against the fact they did for decades prior to the JCPOA

JCPOA benefits Europe, not the United States or Israel. There will not be war or boots on the ground, that is for Europe from now on. If Iran does their usual moron moves their Fissile Material will be targets of MOABS plain and simple.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2018, 06:46 PM   #332
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
Clocker

basically on comment #334 it your opinion with out any exact numbers
There is no #334.

How can there be any exact numbers until all of the tariffs are put in place? It is all a guessing game for now. But based on history, tariffs are very bad for the American consumer.

I have repeated, ad nauseum, the opinion of the Trump people that the tariffs will increase the basic cost of living by 10-15%. They don't have any exact numbers either. That is their opinion. Do you think that increase in the cost of living is a good thing for Americans? Do you disagree with Trump because of no exact numbers? Do you have any exact numbers to show that the Trump estimates are correct?

My opinion is that those cost of living numbers are low if Trump gets the full tariffs that he wants.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:49 PM   #333
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
There is no #334.

How can there be any exact numbers until all of the tariffs are put in place? It is all a guessing game for now. But based on history, tariffs are very bad for the American consumer.

I have repeated, ad nauseum, the opinion of the Trump people that the tariffs will increase the basic cost of living by 10-15%. They don't have any exact numbers either. That is their opinion. Do you think that increase in the cost of living is a good thing for Americans? Do you disagree with Trump because of no exact numbers? Do you have any exact numbers to show that the Trump estimates are correct?

My opinion is that those cost of living numbers are low if Trump gets the full tariffs that he wants.

so basically you stated that consumers had to pay for these tariffs that you cannot provide any ifo on and admit its a guessing game at this point so basically your making statement that may or may not be true.
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #334
Clocker

Quote:
so basically you stated that consumers had to pay for these tariffs that you cannot provide any ifo on and admit its a guessing game at this point so basically your making statement that may or may not be true.

Have you read anything I posted? There is no guessing game other than the actual amount of the tariffs. Whatever that is, it will be passed through to consumers.

Trump's own tariff advisors have stated that the tariffs will be passed through to consumers in the form of higher prices. No one disputes this. Except you, apparently. Do you doubt that the tariffs will be passed on to consumers? Do you have any evidence?

Trumps tariffs on Canadian lumber have increased the cost of building the average single family home by $6000. Do you think that home builders are not going to pass that through to home buyers?

Quote:
As the Trump administration weighs imposing steel and aluminum tariffs on U.S. allies, most mainstream economists are warning that such protectionist trade policies will result in harsh negative repercussions for the domestic economy.

Last year, the Commerce Department imposed duties averaging more than 20 percent on Canadian softwood lumber shipments into the U.S. Since January of 2017, rising lumber prices have increased the price of an average single-family home by more than $6,000.
http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/3...-protectionism
Old 05-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #335
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Have you read anything I posted? There is no guessing game other than the actual amount of the tariffs. Whatever that is, it will be passed through to consumers.

Trump's own tariff advisors have stated that the tariffs will be passed through to consumers in the form of higher prices. No one disputes this. Except you, apparently. Do you doubt that the tariffs will be passed on to consumers? Do you have any evidence?

Trumps tariffs on Canadian lumber have increased the cost of building the average single family home by $6000. Do you think that home builders are not going to pass that through to home buyers?

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/3...-protectionism

in the future could this possibly create more American jobs for the American Worker? Other countries need to start paying up if they want to sell in America
Old 05-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #336
Clocker

Quote:
in the future could this possibly create more American jobs for the American Worker? Other countries need to start paying up if they want to sell in America

More jobs doing what? We import about a third of the lumber we use because we don't have the capacity to produce it here. We import over a fourth of the steel we use. You think anyone will build a new steel mill in this country betting that the steel tariffs will still be in place by the time they finish?

Why should others "pay up" to sell Americans products they want at prices they can afford? And other countries don't sell in America or to Americans. Foreign companies sell to American companies and consumers. And in the end, it is the American consumer who has to "pay up". Why should I have to "pay up" if I opt to buy a Japanese camera or a South Korean TV?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:26 PM   #337
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
JCPOA benefits Europe, not the United States or Israel. There will not be war or boots on the ground, that is for Europe from now on. If Iran does their usual moron moves their Fissile Material will be targets of MOABS plain and simple.
It's stuff like this that demonstrates you don't understand what you're talking about.

You wouldn't use a MOAB on any of that stuff. It sucks for anything that is hardened.

Weapons have very limited uses. Wheb we attacked the airfield in the first Syria attack people here thought the attack waa devastating... the airfield was putting planed up the next day.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2018, 09:28 PM   #338
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
More jobs doing what? We import about a third of the lumber we use because we don't have the capacity to produce it here. We import over a fourth of the steel we use. You think anyone will build a new steel mill in this country betting that the steel tariffs will still be in place by the time they finish?

Why should others "pay up" to sell Americans products they want at prices they can afford? And other countries don't sell in America or to Americans. Foreign companies sell to American companies and consumers. And in the end, it is the American consumer who has to "pay up". Why should I have to "pay up" if I opt to buy a Japanese camera or a South Korean TV?

LOL making more of the products ourselves. Others should pay up because thats what we have to do. why should you pay up to purchase a japanese camera because your not buying American made products made by the American worker
Old 05-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #339
elysiantraveller

Quote:
LOL making more of the products ourselves. Others should pay up because thats what we have to do. why should you pay up to purchase a japanese camera because your not buying American made products made by the American worker
But what if the American worker is more profitable and productive making something other than cameras? You're just artificially increasing wages, inflation, And harming consumers while decreasing productivity.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:14 PM   #340
fast4522

Quote:
It's stuff like this that demonstrates you don't understand what you're talking about.

You wouldn't use a MOAB on any of that stuff. It sucks for anything that is hardened.

Weapons have very limited uses. Wheb we attacked the airfield in the first Syria attack people here thought the attack waa devastating... the airfield was putting planed up the next day.
The MOAB followed by a tactical. Your so interested in being right, too bad your playbook will not be followed. I hope I am wrong too, but I bet we can always count on Iran acting like lunatics.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #341
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
But what if the American worker is more profitable and productive making something other than cameras? You're just artificially increasing wages, inflation, And harming consumers while decreasing productivity.

we have a lot of diverse workers and going by just the fact unemployment is down shows the American worker is gong back to work in all the various and wonderful fields of the working tradesmen that is the American worker would suspect that with more domestic production will not harm the consumers remember always by American if you can.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #342
mrhorseplayer

Quote:

also I want to add that the what if statement shows you dont know and its only your opinion
Old 05-14-2018, 10:19 PM   #343
fast4522

Quote:
We only need to omit China from one production cycle with something new, and engineer something proprietary into it that would make it illegal for them to sell and they will be in full meltdown recession. There is always going to be something new, all we have to do is keep it in house.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:26 PM   #344
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
The MOAB followed by a tactical. Your so interested in being right, too bad your playbook will not be followed. I hope I am wrong too, but I bet we can always count on Iran acting like lunatics.
No I just get annoyed at these oversimplified and erroneous views of how things actually are...

You repeatedly demonstrate you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:26 PM   #345
Clocker

Quote:
Others should pay up because thats what we have to do. why should you pay up to purchase a japanese camera because your not buying American made products made by the American worker
"...that's what we have to do..."

Why is that what "we have to do"? Why do I have to "buy American" if I can get a better product for a lower price overseas? I feel no obligation to "have to do" that.

Why shouldn't the onus be on the American company and the American workers to make something I would willingly buy?

Americans do a lot of things better than most other folks around the world. I buy American when it is the smart thing for me to do, not when some politician preaches at me and tries to tell me it's my duty.

P.S. If it is what we "have to do", are the Trump fashion products like shirts and ties still made overseas?