Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #46
jocko699
Resurrectionist

2 CENTS

Can anything a journalist speaks or writes be thought true ever again? Why is the NYT or others not held accountable and do not tell me the first amendment. These lies effect National Security.

I am uncomfortable with POTUS talking to the director on his own. I am MORE uncomfortable that the AG and the director did not tell him that was inappropriate.

I cannot believe President Clinton is still being discussedJust go away forever sir!!!!

Comey truly believes in the FBI but comes across as a backless pussy-boy. He should have spoken up about Lynch's transgressions back then and the POTUS when it happened.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 02:40 PM   #47
delayjf

Quote:
John McCain asked Comey some questions that were very confusing to follow. When Comey responded McCain didn't seem to grasp what Comey was saying.
At one point McCain referred to James Comey as "President Comey."
McCain's stayed too long and it's time for him to retire.
I believe McCain's point was that Comey cleared Hillary to avoid a Independent Counsel Investigations yet he leaked information as to set up Trump for an Independent Counsel Investigations.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #48
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
Why are FBI directors appointed to a 10-year term, if only they can be fired at any time?

Can Supreme Court Justices be fired?
No, but you can send them to a friends and have them snuffed.

Ginsberg should resign because of things she said about Trump before the election.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #49
delayjf

Quote:
I believe McCain's point was that Comey cleared Hillary to avoid a Independent Counsel Investigations yet he leaked information as to set up Trump for an Independent Counsel Investigations.
To follow up, Comey claimed he didn't call for an Independent Investigation as he thought Clinton had not committed a crime. Yet he obviously wants an Independent Investigation of the Trump administration.

Comey has a long history with the Clinton's to include being the one who cleared Clinton of the Marc Rich pay for pardon scandal.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #50
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Comey has a long history with the Clinton's to include being the one who cleared Clinton of the Marc Rich pay for pardon scandal.
Comey indeed has a long history with the Clintons and it's not all as pure white as the driven snow.

See http://conservativefighters.com/news...traight-comey/
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #51
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Great day for Trump......terrible day for news
Old 06-08-2017, 06:55 PM   #52
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Great day for Trump......terrible day for news
Yep, great day for Trump! WIN!

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...se-file-239319

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #53
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I guess I'm a moron. I don't read anything in there to get excited about.
Since you don't see anything to get excited about, let me help you out.
Comey's remarks in red.

January 27 Dinner

The President began by asking me whether I wanted to stay on as FBI Director, which I found strange because he had already told me twice in earlier conversations that he hoped I would stay, and I had assured him that I intended to.

My instincts told me that the one-on-one setting, and the pretense that this was our first discussion about my position, meant the dinner was, at least in part, an effort to have me ask for my job and create some sort of patronage relationship. That concerned me greatly, given the FBI’s traditionally independent status in the executive branch.

Despite a tradition of FBI independence, Trump is trying to get Comey to feel beholden to him.

A few moments later, the President said, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.”

Typical Trump. It's always about him. Member's of the President's staff should be loyal-even then loyalty to the Constitution comes first. The FBI Director is not a member of the President's staff.

February 14 Oval Office Meeting

The President signaled the end of the briefing by thanking the group and telling them all that he wanted to speak to me alone. I stayed in my chair. As the participants started to leave the Oval Office, the Attorney General lingered by my chair, but the President thanked him and said he wanted to speak only with me.
The FBI director reports to the Attorney General, not the President. This is so the President can not influence an investigation. Excluding the AG from any conversation between Trump and Comey, gives rise to suspicions about the propriety of such conversations.

The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, “He is a good guy and has been through a lot.” He repeated that Flynn hadn’t done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Whether this is obstruction of justice is something for legal experts to decide. It is certainly close to it.

I immediately prepared an unclassified memo of the conversation about Flynn and discussed the matter with FBI senior leadership. I had understood the President to be requesting that we drop any investigation of Flynn in connection with false statements about his conversations with the Russian ambassador in December. The FBI leadership team agreed with me that it was important not to infect the investigative team with the President’s request, which we did not intend to abide.

Clearly, at least one legal expert was concerned.

March 30 Phone Call

On the morning of March 30, the President called me at the FBI. He described the Russia investigation as “a cloud” that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country. I explained that we had briefed the leadership of Congress on exactly which individuals we were investigating and that we had told those Congressional leaders that we were not personally investigating President Trump. I reminded him I had previously told him that. He repeatedly told me, “We need to get that fact out.” (I did not tell the President that the FBI and the Department of Justice had been reluctant to make public statements that we did not have an open case on President Trump for a number of reasons, most importantly because it would create a duty to correct, should that change.)

There , in that last sentence-the one in parentheses-is the most important fact. President Trump was not under investigation, AT THE MOMENT-but that could change as different facts came to light. Also, Comey earlier said this.
That was true; we did not have an open counter-intelligence case on him.

Comey's assurances to Trump involved a counter intelligence case. He said nothing about a criminal case.

To summarize for those who have not been paying attention or who have limited comprehension skills; Trump tried to persuade the FBI Director to be loyal to him rather than to the country or Constitution. He tried to obtain information on an investigation which he was not entitled to have. He tried to shut down that investigation.

That is what we should be excited about.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #54
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Well if Mike holds true to his word... your banned. As I called mike drawing a line in the use of that derogatory term you used ^. And I do not recall seeing it used till now. Good Job Skippy.
Apparently you can't see the difference between using a word and referring to it. "You're a libtard" will get one banned. "He called me a libtard" will not.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #55
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Comey... Boy what a clairvoyant. After first meeting with PEDJT he knows he has to keep notes.

Pompous ass...
You're right. Trump is a pompous ass. Which appellation might also apply to anyone who refers to him as PEDJT.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #56
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Since you don't see anything to get excited about, let me help you out.
Comey's remarks in red.

January 27 Dinner

The President began by asking me whether I wanted to stay on as FBI Director, which I found strange because he had already told me twice in earlier conversations that he hoped I would stay, and I had assured him that I intended to.

My instincts told me that the one-on-one setting, and the pretense that this was our first discussion about my position, meant the dinner was, at least in part, an effort to have me ask for my job and create some sort of patronage relationship. That concerned me greatly, given the FBI’s traditionally independent status in the executive branch.

Despite a tradition of FBI independence, Trump is trying to get Comey to feel beholden to him.

A few moments later, the President said, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.”

Typical Trump. It's always about him. Member's of the President's staff should be loyal-even then loyalty to the Constitution comes first. The FBI Director is not a member of the President's staff.

February 14 Oval Office Meeting

The President signaled the end of the briefing by thanking the group and telling them all that he wanted to speak to me alone. I stayed in my chair. As the participants started to leave the Oval Office, the Attorney General lingered by my chair, but the President thanked him and said he wanted to speak only with me.
The FBI director reports to the Attorney General, not the President. This is so the President can not influence an investigation. Excluding the AG from any conversation between Trump and Comey, gives rise to suspicions about the propriety of such conversations.

The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, “He is a good guy and has been through a lot.” He repeated that Flynn hadn’t done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Whether this is obstruction of justice is something for legal experts to decide. It is certainly close to it.

I immediately prepared an unclassified memo of the conversation about Flynn and discussed the matter with FBI senior leadership. I had understood the President to be requesting that we drop any investigation of Flynn in connection with false statements about his conversations with the Russian ambassador in December. The FBI leadership team agreed with me that it was important not to infect the investigative team with the President’s request, which we did not intend to abide.

Clearly, at least one legal expert was concerned.

March 30 Phone Call

On the morning of March 30, the President called me at the FBI. He described the Russia investigation as “a cloud” that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country. I explained that we had briefed the leadership of Congress on exactly which individuals we were investigating and that we had told those Congressional leaders that we were not personally investigating President Trump. I reminded him I had previously told him that. He repeatedly told me, “We need to get that fact out.” (I did not tell the President that the FBI and the Department of Justice had been reluctant to make public statements that we did not have an open case on President Trump for a number of reasons, most importantly because it would create a duty to correct, should that change.)

There , in that last sentence-the one in parentheses-is the most important fact. President Trump was not under investigation, AT THE MOMENT-but that could change as different facts came to light. Also, Comey earlier said this.
That was true; we did not have an open counter-intelligence case on him.

Comey's assurances to Trump involved a counter intelligence case. He said nothing about a criminal case.

To summarize for those who have not been paying attention or who have limited comprehension skills; Trump tried to persuade the FBI Director to be loyal to him rather than to the country or Constitution. He tried to obtain information on an investigation which he was not entitled to have. He tried to shut down that investigation.

That is what we should be excited about.
All of the above is a giant NOTHINGBURGER...it amounts to ZERO actionable content.

https://medium.com/@JasonTLouis/jame...ms-d119b717c3c
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #57
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Other words

Are there others that are restricted or a location on this site I can review?
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 07:28 PM   #58
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Are there others that are restricted or a location on this site I can review?
Anything really bad is blocked out automatically. And I can't remember the last time I banned someone for using a single word, so I don't know where people are getting the idea that the word being discussed above is an automatic ban...it's not...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #59
MutuelClerk

McCain sounded like Admiral Stockdale. The Dems can no longer blame the loss on Comey. They should place their blame on Bill Clinton, Loretta Lynch, and yes Hillary Clinton.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #60
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Talk about misconstruing something. Burr asked, "Are you confident that no votes cast in the 2016 election were altered?" That means, were any votes already cast for Clinton changed through hacking to be registered for Trump. No one has ever said that happened. The argument is that falsified information hacked from the DNC and the DCCC caused some people to alter their votes.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: