Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #676
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball
not harrassing you guys -just wondering if it was me or my comp
No worries, harass away when warranted
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #677
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Should be up very shortly, only our second unscheduled outage in over a year, but no excuses...
Better hope DRF doesn't hire your IT guys away!
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #678
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Free PPs are available for Meydan today, still three races to go including a G2. I'd have posted earlier but it was too cold and snowy to get out of bed!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #679
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Free PPs are available for Meydan today, still three races to go including a G2. I'd have posted earlier but it was too cold and snowy to get out of bed!
Keep that crap up there........I've got a half inch of that Oklahoma snow in my driveway right now.........
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #680
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Keep that crap up there........I've got a half inch of that Oklahoma snow in my driveway right now.........
Its so cold, the dogs line up by the door to go outside, then run away when I open it.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #681
Valuist

The information is great in Timeform. I like it a lot. But I find I use it mostly as a supplement to the DRF. I like to go thru the DRF first, and then see if the Timeform data alters my opinions.

When the old Racing Times came out in the early 90s, I made the mistake of not using it as a supplement, and while I liked the product, I found I didn't do well when I relied strictly on it. Same with Thorograph and Brisnet. The track simulcast programs are completely useless IMO. Too few races listed and the print is so small, I'm surprised you don't see more John Conte types with the magnifying glass.

Maybe its just a matter of time. Old habits die hard. One's brain and eyes get programmed to looking at certain print and its not easy changing.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #682
cj's dad

Can someone here DVR Craigs appearance on TVG tomorrow and then put it on youtube?
Old 02-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #683
cnollfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
The information is great in Timeform. I like it a lot. But I find I use it mostly as a supplement to the DRF. I like to go thru the DRF first, and then see if the Timeform data alters my opinions.

When the old Racing Times came out in the early 90s, I made the mistake of not using it as a supplement, and while I liked the product, I found I didn't do well when I relied strictly on it. Same with Thorograph and Brisnet. The track simulcast programs are completely useless IMO. Too few races listed and the print is so small, I'm surprised you don't see more John Conte types with the magnifying glass.

Maybe its just a matter of time. Old habits die hard. One's brain and eyes get programmed to looking at certain print and its not easy changing.
Agree. I like lots of things about Timeform, but I can't "see" a horse's form on Timeform the way I instantly can on Brisnet or DRF, major stuff like hey, that race was three years ago, or this horse is dropping from 25,000 claiming to 5,000. It's there, but I don't see it.
cnollfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #684
zippychippy
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
One's brain and eyes get programmed to looking at certain print and its not easy changing.
This is a well known fact in the newspaper business. Warren Buffett wrote about this in his analysis of the strength of some newspaper brands years ago. You can get rewired, but it takes time and the new format has to be better or you will get dragged back.
zippychippy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2014, 05:37 PM   #685
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippychippy
This is a well known fact in the newspaper business. Warren Buffett wrote about this in his analysis of the strength of some newspaper brands years ago. You can get rewired, but it takes time and the new format has to be better or you will get dragged back.
I'll admit it takes a little adjustment. I was as used to traditional PPs as anyone, but after about a week it becomes normal, and I really do think the format is better. Of course I'm a little biased!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #686
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

There won't be an on air spot on Wednesday due to studio renovations at TVG, perhaps Thursday, up in the air right now.

Here is the blog I will discuss if on.

Last edited by cj; 02-18-2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #687
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I just got the Hopper from Dish. It says you can move video around....... I will see if I can capture CJ's next appearance and then try to see what I can do to manipulate it.........I have TVG and HRTV again.....it came with the "deal" I got for being a new customer again.......by moving to a new house.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2014, 02:16 AM   #688
letswastemoney

You're missing something on Rare in the featured Tampa Bay race. He ran in the OBS Stakes race, and TimeformUS doesn't show it?
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #689
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Woke up to an email chain about the OTC issue. I'm sure I did figures for the day, we'll get it fixed.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #690
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

The Ocala issue is fixed.

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment