Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-25-2024, 07:26 PM   #31
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I have never heard the high pitched voice label on Lincoln. Are there any recordings of his voice?
I think most complete biographies of Abe mention his nasally toned speech. Most recently, watch the movie Lincoln (2012), based somewhat on Doris Kearns Goodwin's book Team of Rivals. I think Daniel Day-Lewis gives a good rendition of an Illinois twang.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2024, 08:51 PM   #32
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Just accept the obvious like I did not too long ago...Trump will be the nominee...period...end of story

Remember when they thought Liz Cheney was the hero of the day?

Her campaign lasted about 5 minutes

Haley is a moron, obviously...a moron with way too much money

POLITICS
Billionaire-backed Koch network halts Nikki Haley campaign funding after South Carolina loss

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/25/koch...lina-loss.html
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2024, 11:47 AM   #33
tucker6

Since Haley can't see the light, her investors have apparently. This makes two of her most important backers shutting off the spigot. The end is near for Nikki. She will concede on Super Tuesday but the damage to her politically has already been done. She has been shown not only as a never Trumper, but someone having low integrity and scrumples by pandering to Dems to come over and vote for her in a GOP primary. That's so sleazy that ever the head of the SC democrats asked follow democrats not to vote for Haley because it was bad form. Imagine that!! Haley was below Democrat standards!! Who knew they had standards until now. So that is who Haley really is. A sleazeball. Maybe that is why the Koch brothers fled from her side. It really is a bad look in a primary and is beyond desperate.

Last edited by tucker6; 02-26-2024 at 11:49 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2024, 01:10 AM   #34
fast4522

Trump 'can't' win election with divided Republicans

I will not post the rag from the UK her comments are published in. If she was the front runner she could be elected period. She misses the essential point, nobody wants her.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mrs ED.jpg (75.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-27-2024, 04:16 AM   #35
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I will not post the rag from the UK her comments are published in. If she was the front runner she could be elected period. She misses the essential point, nobody wants her.
She's somewhat correct about the party being divided. A lot of conservatives don't want another shitshow where he trashes half the people that work with him. Its old.

His biggest problem are independents. If Biden isn't on the ticket, Trump won't win. Like I said, he only got 52 % of the vote in Texas. 52fn percent. My local rep (R) got 62 percent in 2020. Solid conservative guy, appeals to my old district. Trump? Ran behind those #s. Figure it out
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2024, 06:10 AM   #36
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
She's somewhat correct about the party being divided. A lot of conservatives don't want another shitshow where he trashes half the people that work with him. Its old.

His biggest problem are independents. If Biden isn't on the ticket, Trump won't win. Like I said, he only got 52 % of the vote in Texas. 52fn percent. My local rep (R) got 62 percent in 2020. Solid conservative guy, appeals to my old district. Trump? Ran behind those #s. Figure it out
The republican party is alive and is no longer the party you think, it has left you. The party of Bush and Chaney has been put to sleep as establishment trash. On a national stage no one wants Jeb Bush or anyone like him, now considered as counterfeit leftovers. Stay with the Bush clan and what they invest in but that dynasty is as dead as it gets.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:19 AM   #37
tucker6

Quote:
The republican party is alive and is no longer the party you think, it has left you. The party of Bush and Chaney has been put to sleep as establishment trash. On a national stage no one wants Jeb Bush or anyone like him, now considered as counterfeit leftovers. Stay with the Bush clan and what they invest in but that dynasty is as dead as it gets.
Unfortunately for Jeb, he is tainted by his brother. I feel George took us to war in Iraq as a personal vendetta, and we have paid the price economically, in dead soldiers, and strategically in the region ever since. No matter what else he did as president, I will never forgive him for using his office for personal use like that. And I am solidly republican.

Still waiting for dems to admit that Biden's border policy is an unmitigated disaster, and that he is unfit for office.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:17 AM   #38
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Unfortunately for Jeb, he is tainted by his brother. I feel George took us to war in Iraq as a personal vendetta, and we have paid the price economically, in dead soldiers, and strategically in the region ever since. No matter what else he did as president, I will never forgive him for using his office for personal use like that. And I am solidly republican.

Still waiting for dems to admit that Biden's border policy is an unmitigated disaster, and that he is unfit for office.
So I will blame Bush for doing things to not horrify our country and suggest the deep state swamp had a bigger hand in Iraq than we should credit George for, as President he was not alone in using Colin Luther Powell his Secretary of State. In a very old post I attach my thoughts from the period. We use the CIA, our armed forces and everything we have because of oil from the region. Many times there is no choice between doing nothing and other options people are going to die. Sending pallets full of cash also results in death unless our thinking is naive. I recall suggesting here a shadow government that is now the swamp that does just about everything the Bilderberg Group’s wants, and I was just about laughed off the forum to suggest shadow government. Today it is here in plain view to watch Biden Administration satisfy them and be nothing more than a bobble head. So the question is where do we go from here?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 Leg.jpg (20.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-27-2024, 10:28 AM   #39
tucker6

Quote:
So I will blame Bush for doing things to not horrify our country and suggest the deep state swamp had a bigger hand in Iraq than we should credit George for, as President he was not alone in using Colin Luther Powell his Secretary of State. In a very old post I attach my thoughts from the period. We use the CIA, our armed forces and everything we have because of oil from the region. Many times there is no choice between doing nothing and other options people are going to die. Sending pallets full of cash also results in death unless our thinking is naive. I recall suggesting here a shadow government that is now the swamp that does just about everything the Bilderberg Group’s wants, and I was just about laughed off the forum to suggest shadow government. Today it is here in plain view to watch Biden Administration satisfy them and be nothing more than a bobble head. So the question is where do we go from here?
A great president, like a Lincoln, keeps his own counsel and acts accordingly. Bush did not do that. The very first time you acquiesce to the swamp and against your own principles, you belong to the swamp. I think that is why Trump is so reviled. The swamp hasn't captured him yet.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:00 AM   #40
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
swamp
The DC cabal is no longer hiding in a swamp.
They are breaking laws, defying the Constitution and bragging about it.
The swamp has become a stage.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:46 AM   #41
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

The half that work with him that he trashes, he should just fire. Too bad he can not do that with the elected officials.

One of Trumps faults during his first term was not being able to determine which of his picks were undermining what he wanted to do.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2024, 11:55 AM   #42
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
The half that work with him that he trashes, he should just fire. Too bad he can not do that with the elected officials.

One of Trumps faults during his first term was not being able to determine which of his picks were undermining what he wanted to do.
... and conversely getting rid of his good picks because the swamp wanted them gone, like the energy secretary.

He also had people that thought the other side was honorable, like Bill Barr, who practiced Marquis de Queensberry boxing rules in a gun fight. What the left needs is a scorched earth administration that sets this country back into balance. That means if you start a riot, you get treated like the J6 protestors. When you car jack, you get a really long sentence. Make 14 the age for being treated as an adult for certain serious crimes. No handouts for illegal aliens. Go back to where you are from. Attack the social media giants for bias. I mean really go after them. Remove tiktok from the USA.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:01 PM   #43
ElKabong

Quote:
Why would you think I'm a bush- Cheney guy? You get shit wrong as much as mostpost

It's you who the party left behind. Who won the 2020 GE? And the great red wave of 2022? Never happened. The party has changed alright, but Trump isn't the leader of anything that can get us power and unity. He's cost us the past 3 election cycles. You can't argue that intelligently
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 02-27-2024, 01:03 PM   #44
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

The traiit of an poor leader.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:05 PM   #45
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
The DC cabal is no longer hiding in a swamp.
They are breaking laws, defying the Constitution and bragging about it.
The swamp has become a stage.
Spot on