Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-27-2023, 01:07 PM   #46
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
He's been a con artist his whole life. I can't believe the love for him on here. I guess he's conned all you guys as well. Biden isn't any better. You guys have 2 bad choices for President. What I can't believe is the Republicans voting for Trump to be the nominee. If its anyone else they easily beat Biden. With Trump its a toss up
Trumps never conned me... did great things for the US despite all the behind the scenes bullshit pulled by the underbellies in the deepstate

But at least he's not a blackface racist and Nazi loving jackass for a leader like you have.
Old 09-27-2023, 01:10 PM   #47
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Oh yeah...I forgot about the black face.

Imagine a Canadian trying to throw shade at US!

When they vote for a racist pig who recently, according to reports out of India, had coke on his plane...so he's a cokehead on top of it all...that explains part of it I guess.
Old 09-27-2023, 01:20 PM   #48
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
What happened in Canada was a failure to do proper research and they can certainly be faulted for that. The standing ovation was not for a Nazi, it was for a man who had fought Russian oppression. At least, that is what they sincerely believed. Especially in the context of the current situation in Ukraine.

On the other hand it was abundantly clear who and what the marchers in Charlottesville were.
You are so full of shit... the stench can be smelt from three blocks away on garbage filled streets in the middle of July. But we expect nothing less from the mouthpiece for party of the Klan to sympathize with an Old Nazi bastard.
Old 09-27-2023, 01:37 PM   #49
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Just an Fyi:

I decided to sell a house I owned that was assessed by the County Assessor for property tax purposes at roughly $55k.

After listing it with a real estate agent, it sold a few weeks later for several times that $55k.

If you look at assessed value for property tax purposes vs. actual market value you'll see there's a wide gap for a LOT of properties.

For example, if you own real estate in CA, assessed value for property tax purposes goes up about 2% per year to account for inflation.

As soon as you sell that property, the assessed value for the new owner's property taxes is based on the price paid.

Link, here.

That's current law in California.

But Mar A Lago is in Florida.

According to the Palm Beach County Appraiser's Office the assessed value for "homesteaded properties" is capped at 3% per year while the assessed value for non homesteaded properties can rise as much as 10% per year.

Link, here.

Fyi, Trump has 9 properties in South Florida (including Mar A Lago) that are "homesteaded properties."

Link, here.

The wide difference between assessed value for property tax purposes vs. current market value (which bank loans are based on) doesn't make someone a criminal.

Think about it.

Imo, buying and holding homesteaded properties in South Florida (which have lower assessed values for property tax purposes than non-homesteaded properties) makes someone a shrewd investor.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 09-27-2023 at 01:38 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2023, 02:15 PM   #50
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Then it should be easy to hate New Hampshire...because of morons like you.
I like that part of the nation. Had a great visit to Dartmouth years back/
Old 09-27-2023, 02:29 PM   #51
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
This idiot judge says that Mara lago is only worth 18 million.

Try 350 million per Forbes

https://www.newsweek.com/how-much-ma...-sells-1763066
The judge said no such thing. It was the Palm Beach County Assessor. (Page 26 of the Judge’s ruling.) Also, $18M is the assessed value. $350M is Forbes guess on the Market value. Which seems high since Mar a Lago is a restricted use facility. It can’t be subdivided into residential. It can’t be zoned commercial or industrial. It can only be a club for the very wealthy.
Old 09-27-2023, 02:48 PM   #52
woodtoo

How can a judge make a decision before evidence is presented to a judge or jury.
This is nothing more than an opinion.

A highly biased one at that. Not worth shit.

Last edited by woodtoo; 09-27-2023 at 02:50 PM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2023, 02:55 PM   #53
woodtoo

The law is wholly irrelevant to liberals as is the constitution.
Old 09-27-2023, 03:04 PM   #54
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

messages deleted and one red-card issued...don't make me issue another
Old 09-27-2023, 03:29 PM   #55
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
You gotta love a judge who references Groundhog Day, Duck Soup, Chico Marx and Margaret DuMont all in one ruling.
Old 09-27-2023, 03:47 PM   #56
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Just an Fyi:

I decided to sell a house I owned that was assessed by the County Assessor for property tax purposes at roughly $55k.

After listing it with a real estate agent, it sold a few weeks later for several times that $55k.

If you look at assessed value for property tax purposes vs. actual market value you'll see there's a wide gap for a LOT of properties.

For example, if you own real estate in CA, assessed value for property tax purposes goes up about 2% per year to account for inflation.

As soon as you sell that property, the assessed value for the new owner's property taxes is based on the price paid.

Link, here.

That's current law in California.

But Mar A Lago is in Florida.

According to the Palm Beach County Appraiser's Office the assessed value for "homesteaded properties" is capped at 3% per year while the assessed value for non homesteaded properties can rise as much as 10% per year.

Link, here.

Fyi, Trump has 9 properties in South Florida (including Mar A Lago) that are "homesteaded properties."

Link, here.

The wide difference between assessed value for property tax purposes vs. current market value (which bank loans are based on) doesn't make someone a criminal.

Think about it.

Imo, buying and holding homesteaded properties in South Florida (which have lower assessed values for property tax purposes than non-homesteaded properties) makes someone a shrewd investor.

-jp
Nice work.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2023, 03:55 PM   #57
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
messages deleted and one red-card issued...don't make me issue another

Not much of a soccer fan, but isn't the warning a yellow card and the red card means you are tossed out?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2023, 03:57 PM   #58
wisconsin

Quote:
The judge said no such thing. It was the Palm Beach County Assessor. (Page 26 of the Judge’s ruling.) Also, $18M is the assessed value. $350M is Forbes guess on the Market value. Which seems high since Mar a Lago is a restricted use facility. It can’t be subdivided into residential. It can’t be zoned commercial or industrial. It can only be a club for the very wealthy.

Seems high? There are $12-15 million properties on Lake Geneva here, so I would expect an oceanfront property to be easily worth 20x that amount, but Mar-A-Lago is much larger than these lake properties.
Old 09-27-2023, 05:17 PM   #59
46zilzal
velocitician

"Turn out the lights, the party's over..."
Old 09-27-2023, 05:57 PM   #60
AndyC

Quote:
Banks don’t check on Trump because they don’t want to lose his business. I clearly remember Duetschebank admitting that very thing. It’s like a loss leader. I don’t

How can a "fraud" be charged when the institutions loaning the money claim there was no fraud? Do you suspect that the bank examiners are looking the other way too?