Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:14 PM   #7036
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Give it up. You have already made a big enough fool of yourself.
do you have any mirrors around?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2020, 04:17 PM   #7037
wisconsin

Here were are about 6 months into the new normal. Holidays are approaching. What does the future hold? Zero concerts, fans at sporting events, county fairs, festivals, family reunions, and so much more. Will trick or treating be called off?

Doctors, politicians and common citizens cannot agree on many aspects or Covid. We don't have answers, so we instill fear into people, make them wear masks that are also unproven science, because some people want to "think" that they are doing something. We see barriers at checkout counters. We can't touch the buttons everyone would be touching, so instead, we touch the plastic cover everyone else touches. We think nothing of grabbing that gas pump though, but a paper mask will save us all.

So my questions is this: Who is going to be the one who decides it's over? And based upon what data? I just want to know who holds that card. A vaccine for a virus not yet understood in full? Who is going to go first? We have really dug a deep hole in this country and in other parts of the world.

When is enough going to be enough?

Last edited by wisconsin; 09-07-2020 at 04:20 PM.
wisconsin is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2020, 07:17 PM   #7038
kingfin66
Bombardier

Well, I just booked a trip to Cabo San Lucas leaving December 5th. So that is my COVID-19 end date. I'm still bitter about my Spring Training/Disneyland trip being cancelled.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:26 AM   #7039
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
All these positive cases reported on campusus, yet no hospitalizations....For the younger folk, it's not much more than a cold.>> Tawk amoungst yahselves…

https://twitter.com/andrewbostom/sta...47711131308032
Experts project autumn surge in coronavirus cases, with a peak after Election Day
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...c29_story.html

The coronavirus has a relatively long incubation period, and the disease progression in patients with severe illnesses also tends to be drawn out over several weeks. As a result, any spike in deaths will lag weeks behind a spike in infections. And the infection surges have consistently followed the loosening of shutdown orders and other restrictions.

....The timing of the pandemic remains unpredictable in part because it is not yet a seasonal virus. Seasonal viruses, such as those that cause influenza, and the coronaviruses that cause common colds, are remarkably faithful to the calendar, with most typically flaring in the fall a couple of weeks after children go back to school and start bringing their newly acquired infections into their homes, said Ellen Foxman, an immunologist at the Yale School of Medicine and expert on respiratory viruses.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:28 AM   #7040
davew

Quote:
Experts project autumn surge in coronavirus cases, with a peak after Election Day
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...c29_story.html

The coronavirus has a relatively long incubation period, and the disease progression in patients with severe illnesses also tends to be drawn out over several weeks. As a result, any spike in deaths will lag weeks behind a spike in infections. And the infection surges have consistently followed the loosening of shutdown orders and other restrictions.

....The timing of the pandemic remains unpredictable in part because it is not yet a seasonal virus. Seasonal viruses, such as those that cause influenza, and the coronaviruses that cause common colds, are remarkably faithful to the calendar, with most typically flaring in the fall a couple of weeks after children go back to school and start bringing their newly acquired infections into their homes, said Ellen Foxman, an immunologist at the Yale School of Medicine and expert on respiratory viruses.
We will see if your 'experts' know as much as you feel they do

it was announced the Olympics are going to be held next year, no matter what.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:38 AM   #7041
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
We will see if your 'experts' know as much as you feel they do

it was announced the Olympics are going to be held next year, no matter what.
I realize in the Trumplandia era, expertise and knowledge are meaningless. Amazing how 400 years of western culture and learning became no longer applicable since Jan. 20, 2017.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:42 AM   #7042
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The experts also said 2M Americans would die of COVID.

Given that number, I'd say our response has been a complete success...unless you think there's still a chance we'll hit the 2 Million mark...I mean, I know you're HOPING we will...but...
Old 09-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #7043
tucker6

Quote:
I realize in the Trumplandia era, expertise and knowledge are meaningless. Amazing how 400 years of western culture and learning became no longer applicable since Jan. 20, 2017.
Expertise and knowledge you say.

Electroshock therapy was once mainstream.

A new ice age was upon us was once mainstream.

Overpopulation was once mainstream.

Peptic ulcers were once thought to be caused by stress but it turned out to be a bacteria.

Should I go on? I can hardly think of any scientific realm that hasn't thrown out the prevailing views held at the beginning of study. Coronavirus will be no different.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2020, 10:17 AM   #7044
classhandicapper

The only people that have been close to right about this virus are the ones that looked at actual data from cruise ships at the very beginning, applied it to the general population, and then kept tweaking their projections as more data came in. The epidemiologists have been wrong repeatedly and changed their views on a number of issues along the way. The data people (some without even having any expertise in infectious diseases etc..) have been far superior. But I will give the scientists and epidemiologists credit where credit is due. They weren't as bad as the agenda driven media.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:18 AM   #7045
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The experts also said 2M Americans would die of COVID.

Given that number, I'd say our response has been a complete success...unless you think there's still a chance we'll hit the 2 Million mark...I mean, I know you're HOPING we will...but...
We have been over this a dozen tines. Your lieutenant Tom, usually brings this up. That was a projection if no measures were taken to mitigate the spread.

So far your lazes-faire arproach you bragged about in Mexico and Britain failed miserably.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:50 PM   #7046
davew

Quote:
We have been over this a dozen tines. Your lieutenant Tom, usually brings this up. That was a projection if no measures were taken to mitigate the spread.

So far your lazes-faire arproach you bragged about in Mexico and Britain failed miserably.
we all know it is just a matter of time, and it will get there during next 10 years
Old 09-08-2020, 05:32 PM   #7047
xtb

Quote:

It's nice to see that you agree Trump did a helluva good job handling this crisis. Imagine if he had done nothing and 2 million Americans died.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2020, 05:34 PM   #7048
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
It's nice to see that you agree Trump did a helluva good job handling this crisis. Imagine if he had done nothing and 2 million Americans died.
He did not do enough. Over 190,000 are dead
Old 09-08-2020, 05:45 PM   #7049
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
He did not do enough. Over 190,000 are dead
If only 1 were dead you'd say he didn't do enough.

We're onto you...
Old 09-08-2020, 05:55 PM   #7050
jimmyb

Quote:
Think we ought to bring leucotomy back?
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply