Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-11-2016, 05:50 PM   #181
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Sorry guys, had to delete a lot of recent posts here. You just can't post stuff like this, using the words you used, EMD. I can't have that.

This is my website, so unless you're going to kick in for my legal defense based on the things YOU POST (although with all of your winnings, it might be easy for you to do so), you just don't get to post whatever the hell you want to...thanks.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #182
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Sorry guys, had to delete a lot of recent posts here. You just can't post stuff like this, using the words you used, EMD. I can't have that.

This is my website, so unless you're going to kick in for my legal defense based on the things YOU POST (although with all of your winnings, it might be easy for you to do so), you just don't get to post whatever the hell you want to...thanks.
My apologies Pace. Sincerely. I'll do what I usually do, keep it to myself from now on.

Sorry for the aggravation.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #183
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why bother? You'll just be doing the same thing two weeks from now...it never ends with you.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:57 PM   #184
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Why bother? You'll just be doing the same thing two weeks from now...it never ends with you.
Not totally true, I've coded my words for a year or so. I didn't hold back twice. For those 2 incidents, I am sorry. I mean that.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #185
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

OK, thanks. Appreciate it...
Old 09-11-2016, 10:28 PM   #186
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Not totally true, I've coded my words for a year or so. I didn't hold back twice. For those 2 incidents, I am sorry. I mean that.
EMD I love you and all BUT....

Since the idea that PA will get sued for your posts doesn't deter you let me try a new tactic.

Google "Gawker and Peter Thiel" or "James Woods Cocaine lawsuit" or even better click here....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...er-user-812107

You can't post unfound accusations about people on the Internet anymore. And since I doubt you made your account untraceable by using something like TOR I'd hate see PA have to give you up and you spend your golden years financing some awful jockey's retirement.

If you don't clean your act up Julien Coution will be eating frogs legs and wine on your pick 5 winnings.

Plus I enjoy your posts and would prefer you don't get banned. Think of me.

Pretty please.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 10:43 PM   #187
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
EMD I love you and all BUT....

Since the idea that PA will get sued for your posts doesn't deter you let me try a new tactic.

Google "Gawker and Peter Thiel" or "James Woods Cocaine lawsuit" or even better click here....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...er-user-812107

You can't post unfound accusations about people on the Internet anymore. And since I doubt you made your account untraceable by using something like TOR I'd hate see PA have to give you up and you spend your golden years financing some awful jockey's retirement.

If you don't clean your act up Julien Coution will be eating frogs legs and wine on your pick 5 winnings.

Plus I enjoy your posts and would prefer you don't get banned. Think of me.

Pretty please.

Thank you for that link. I admit, I am NOT a tech guy. Never was. I do enough to work (Excel, Word, Formulator ). I also never was and never will be a social media person. No face book usage, have never ever seen Twitter in my life and I only know that Instagram involves pictures or something. I purposely steer clear of that stuff.

With that said, it never hit home that despite me believing that what I say is true, that unless I have a brain reader in a jock's mind or have something on video/audio to prove what I say is true, then I can get myself or PA in trouble for my words. I have no social experience with social media, so I was obtuse to the dangers involved.

Thank you for helping that hit home, seriously.

I apologize sincerely for putting PA in danger and for making the moderators have to delete posts. I know fully understand the rules.

That was a great post and tactic to help me see why it's important to watch how you say something SuperPickle.

Much appreciated and I'm sorry to everyone. From now on, those thoughts will only go to my notes and stable mail.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:55 PM   #188
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

I guess the whole "bonehead ride" category will now be rapidly eddying down the memory hole, right EMD?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 11:02 PM   #189
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
I guess the whole "bonehead ride" category will now be rapidly eddying down the memory hole, right EMD?
As long as it's all opinion based on what we see in the race, it's totally fine.

"Jones got his horse pinned down inside, had to take up three times on the far turn, and by the time the horse got in the clear at the 8th pole, it was too late because of what that pinhead did" is totally protected.

"Jones is on the take" or "Jones is on drugs" or "Jones repeatedly intentionally stiffs his horses"? I'd stay away from that sort of thing.

It seems to me the thread is "bonehead rides" so the commentary should be limited to the first sort of example anyway.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 11:03 PM   #190
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
No. If treated properly, like Saratoga Light's ride in the 1st today, this can be a great thread.

I've already posted a couple of winners that came to run back (after being posted in this thread) already.

(Outdidya-that Hastings horse as well-too lazy to search back for the name).

Let's call a spade a spade. If I simply type that such and such horse had a trip to follow, instead of some harsher words, then this thread can live on. My bad to put the thread at risk.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:24 PM   #191
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
No. If treated properly, like Saratoga Light's ride in the 1st today, this can be a great thread.

I've already posted a couple of winners that came to run back (after being posted in this thread) already.

(Outdidya-that Hastings horse as well-too lazy to search back for the name).

Let's call a spade a spade. If I simply type that such and such horse had a trip to follow, instead of some harsher words, then this thread can live on. My bad to put the thread at risk.
What did you think of the ride on EnolaGray in Los Alamitos feature?
The heavily favored filly ran 2nd....could have been a short horse today...she was scratched prior to this race due to illness...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 11:34 PM   #192
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
What did you think of the ride on EnolaGray in Los Alamitos feature?
The heavily favored filly ran 2nd....could have been a short horse today...she was scratched prior to this race due to illness...
I don't follow Cali racing so even if I watched the replay, I wouldn't be able, with certainty to say anything intelligent.

I like to know all the players, all the horses/jocks/prior nuances etc.

Sorry VigorsTheGrey.

I just watched the replay and took a cursory look at the PPS. I saw an honestly run race, with 5 across till they hit the far turn. I saw a horse who wasn't fast enough to be better than 3 wide into the far turn. Then suffered from chasing 3 wide. Was able to get 2nd in lane.

Basically, it was a 5 horse pace battle and the pace survivor won (obviously) and she was able to outslow the rest for 2nd.

If she was short due to an illness, that would explain the lack of sharpness from the gate.

Did I miss something else? Again, I don't play Cali, sorry.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:37 PM   #193
dilanesp

Enola Gray got the "confident wide trip". You sometimes see this with odds on horses-- Jerry Bailey used to do it with Cigar all the time.

Basically, the theory is that you don't want to get the horse hurt or blocked, so you keep them outside the whole way and rely on the fact that the horse is much the best.

The problem is that it is objectively a bad trip and it doesn't work out too well when the horse isn't much the best.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:45 PM   #194
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Enola Gray got the "confident wide trip". You sometimes see this with odds on horses-- Jerry Bailey used to do it with Cigar all the time.

Basically, the theory is that you don't want to get the horse hurt or blocked, so you keep them outside the whole way and rely on the fact that the horse is much the best.

The problem is that it is objectively a bad trip and it doesn't work out too well when the horse isn't much the best.
I can see that, good point.

Please don't remind of me Cigar . Oh how that loss at Woodbine hurt and the one in Cali where they played Jerry.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:09 AM   #195
dilanesp

Quote:
I can see that, good point.

Please don't remind of me Cigar . Oh how that loss at Woodbine hurt and the one in Cali where they played Jerry.
I saw both those races in person.

I loved Cigar. I can't call him the best I ever saw, because I saw Spectacular Bid as a kid. But I can say that I've never been more impressed with any horse than I was with Cigar-- winning 16 races in a row, all over the country, seeking out the best races, carrying weight, going to Dubai, etc. And his Hollywood Gold Cup (which I also saw) was at worst the second best race in the history of the track (depending on how you feel about the 1950 Gold Cup).

I think when he got to Woodbine he was tailing off, though Bailey also gave him the wide trip. But at Del Mar, Bailey just got him way too close to a fast pace for absolutely no reason at all-- he could have let those horses go and stalked (as he did in many other races) and he would have been fine. That ride certainly would belong in this thread.