Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 09-22-2003, 05:14 PM   #1
rebrick99

winning at the track software

i bought winning at the track software and spent 300.00 on
the program.The problem is i dont get consistent results. Has
anyone used this program? Could anyone give me some
pointers. Thanks
rebrick99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2003, 08:58 PM   #2
Jaguar

Winning At The Track

ReBrick, Winning At The Track software could not possibly give you consistent results.

Could you measure the length of a moving snake with a 12" ruler?
I don't think so.

The many imponderables in handicapping a horse race, i.e. class changes, distance changes, medication changes, equipment changes, the horse's form cycle, the horse's health, the horse's post position today in relation to the size of the field, the layout of the track(e.g. Pimlico with its sharp turns, where the animal that breaks strongly and lays on the rail has a significant advantage), etc., etc.

Only the best horse programs can model a particular track and look for significant winning patterns and then alert you when a new race has a "key" horse that fits the pattern.

This is a game of 1. Patience 2. Patterns 3. Expensive Software.

I bought Winning At The Track years ago and quickly discarded it. If you don't care to spend money on software at the moment, use a free program on the Web, such as e-ponies, and make your own database. Tedious- but free.

Otherwise, take your Christmas bonus and buy a really good horse program. You'll quickly make enough money to compensate you for your original purchase, as well as enough to pay for the new program.

In a way, you're lucky. You're only out-of-pocket $300. -I've bought so many crummy horse programs over the years. If only I had used better judgment I could have instead bought an apartment near the beach in Rio and enjoyed Carnival every year.

It's good thing that Carnival only happens once a year, a single guy like me needs a year to recover from Carnival week.

"Sweetheart, I know that you're tired from all that dancing in the streets- you look so beautiful in that costume- listen, my apartment is nearby, let's go have a cold drink and relax for a while!"

All The Best,

Jaguar
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2003, 10:58 PM   #3
sq764
EIG

Just curious, what do you consider a 'real good' program?
sq764 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2003, 12:54 AM   #4
Jaguar

Software

SQ764, I'll reply in a PM.

Jaguar
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2003, 06:51 AM   #5
WaHoo

i've been using watts and find that the Pacesetters are the strongest plays, i pick the past performace lines and use only three or four races closest to the distance running today, i don't use turf for dirt or sprints for routes, i average 38% wins and winners in best 4 over 85% of the time, playing pick three's i single top horse (if not the morning line favorite) if it's in the top three of Bris Power rating with 3 or 4 in next two races always use the Pacesetter in pick3's you will get some nice longshots. keying top horse of best 4 over next three will average 2 trifectas a day. i don't bet horses to win/place unless 4:1 or higher and is a pacesetter, i also want the horse to be both in the early pace and last quarter top four. playing pick 4's and 6's i always use top horse and then fill from there have hit some nice ones

Last edited by buffalo; 09-23-2003 at 06:58 AM.
WaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2003, 10:00 AM   #6
JimL

Is Winning at the Track, still DOS? Also I dont remember it being 300 dollars. JimL
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2003, 12:45 PM   #7
Lefty

Jaguar, i'd like a PM on those softtware prgms too. Just curious.
Also, just went to "Winning" website and complete prgm is $299.95 this is another prgm you can buy in "pieces" Also there's a free ver.

e-pony? Can't find that one in Cindy's list.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2003, 07:43 PM   #8
WaHoo

rebrick99 i've owned watts since 1994 when i had to manually put in each pace line, i think i did better then because i used the Drf to pick lines, i've bought a few other programs since like Capper and Equisim, $500 for capper will bust you and equisim is for a Win only player, equisim has the info better than any i've seen, but what do you use, it has so many options and how to rate different things that no one has the same selections using the same program and no one will tell you how to use it or what works to make money but keeps great records and nathan has really put alot of work into it but i want a program that does the work and then gives me the best horses using all of the info it has put into it, i know records because I'm a dollar bettor on tri's and pick3's 4's and if i spend a hundred a track i'm gone. the problem with most programs is, it's like a PICNIC (problem in chair not in computer) we all think different. i really enjoyed the contest between sites man was there a lot of apoligies the program had it but i re-handicapped it, thats why i like watts it doesn't worry about how well the trainer or jockey is doing just figures the Time and adjusts if horse is coming from a different track to this one. once i run it i do look at bris condense form, i know up or down in class and trainers and trip notes , there's not many that win in this game and it isn't easy but alot of how great the program is but no posts before the race, if you can play one or two races a day then maybe you earn alot more than i do and this is just fun for you, but not me i shoot at the exotics i want the big bucks who cares what the track takes out it's not worse than the goverment....if horses could read then we'd all be rich... take watts and look at the ones you've done and check out the pacesetter they're in the money for tri's and exacts, strong on place all tickets.. there's not much difference in me picking the line that letting computer except for pacesetter and they're the money makers
Old 09-23-2003, 08:21 PM   #9
karlskorner

Lefty

www.e-ponies.com

Posts free 4-6 tracks a day
karlskorner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2003, 08:32 PM   #10
WaHoo

i don't think e-ponie is watts but if you want free picks
Bet2win
Old 09-23-2003, 10:10 PM   #11
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

From Nostalgia TV:

Say, Moe!
Yes, Curly?
How do cats catch mice?
Well, since the mice live in Hamelin and the cats live in Hamden, the Pied Piper lures the mice down the path from Hamelin to Hamden.
How does he do that, Moe?
You will have to ask Piper; I think his brand new handle is nearby.
VetScratch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2003, 10:14 PM   #12
WaHoo

this is why i don't post try to get something constructive and you get people that want to post bull
Old 09-23-2003, 10:23 PM   #13
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

Buffalo,
Your handle is hardly "brand new," so you can't be the Piper.
VetScratch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2003, 12:27 AM   #14
kenwoodallpromos

Getting on this group is worth many times $300! Joke- I would have spent the $300.00 buying up the favorites' goats, then bet longshots!!
Old 09-24-2003, 01:54 PM   #15
Lefty

Karl, thanks for the site. Not really interested in free picks but Jag wrote something about db making capabilities.
I remember long ago, when it was manual, Robt. anthony touted Winning At The Track as a really good contender prgm.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply