Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 01-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
NoCal Boy

Youbet website enhancements

January, 2009

WagerQueuePro

WagerQueuePro is our new bet file uploading feature which allows you to build your wagers through your favorite handicapping tool, spreadsheet or text editing program, then save them as a comma-delimited text file and upload the file to be submitted in a batch of up to 200 wagers. Try this new feature today by visiting Wagering/WagerQueuePro via the top menu.

Video Enhancements

We’re always looking for ways to improve your online experience, and that commitment comes into sharp focus with our newly enhanced video streaming. Higher resolution and increased bandwidth let you watch each race, each horse in superb detail—details that add to your handicapping skills (acutal quality may depend on the bandwidth of your connection, your computer's processing speed, and the performance of your computer's graphics card).

Some of the improvements you’ll now notice include:
  • New Standard window size for an optimal viewing experience. Choose between Standard, Small, and Full Screen sizing options. Note that the new Standard size option is the default window size once you launch the video window.
  • Configure a user preference to set your desired default resolution by visiting My Youbet/My Preferences and then selecting the Audio/Video tab.
  • Not only will you see more of the action, you can see it on Mac, as video is now fully Mac compatible (note that you may be asked to update your flash plugin). So Mac users, be sure to fire up your Firefox browser and enjoy!
We’d love to hear about your experience—share your comments and suggestions with us at Beta@youbet.com
NoCal Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
scgmhawk

Hi NoCal,

I enjoy YouBet. The only issue I have is that the Wager Queue and Video are not compatible with Firefox. Any plans for it to be compatible in the future?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
candystripes

Hi Steve,

Note that Youbet is now fully compatible on the Firefox browser - both PC and Mac.

Ruben

[Should have mentioned, Mac compatability is currently in beta testing and will be available to all soon]

Last edited by candystripes; 01-14-2009 at 01:55 PM.
candystripes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
NoCal Boy

Ruben-

I think we have heard the beta testing for Mac for a long time. Any realistic estimate?

The video seems noticeably better from my office PC. Nice job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candystripes
Hi Steve,

Note that Youbet is now fully compatible on the Firefox browser - both PC and Mac.

Ruben

[Should have mentioned, Mac compatability is currently in beta testing and will be available to all soon]
Old 01-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
2low

No conditional wagering yet?
2low is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
candystripes

Based on early returns, Mac/Firefox should be workable and available to all before the end of the month. For clarification purposes, Youbet works fine right now on a PC w/Firefox.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
candystripes

Somewhat late to the game as PTC and Twin Spires beat Youbet to the punch, but there are plans to launch conditional wagering for the WagerPadPro platform this month.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
2low

Quote:
Somewhat late to the game as PTC and Twin Spires beat Youbet to the punch, but there are plans to launch conditional wagering for the WagerPadPro platform this month.
Excellent!
2low is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
NoCal Boy

excellent. say hello to Lucky.

Quote:
Based on early returns, Mac/Firefox should be workable and available to all before the end of the month. For clarification purposes, Youbet works fine right now on a PC w/Firefox.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #10
NoCal Boy

beautiful

Quote:
Old 01-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #11
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

I've been using WagerQueuePro since it has been available. Works great, really saves me time, as I make 30-40 wagers all at noon.

Now if you could only get YONKERS back
Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #12
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2000
I've been using WagerQueuePro since it has been available. Works great, really saves me time, as I make 30-40 wagers all at noon.

Hey Ray, haven't tested the waters on the queue thing, but will give it a test drive soon.....Most of my wagers are made live as the races come up....

Thx for the vote of confidence on this......

best,
Old 01-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #13
NoCal Boy

I understand Yonkers will be back once TVG gets approval from the NYS Racing and Wagering Board. Yonkers is one of the few remaining exclusive tracks for TVG and Youbet gets its rights to Yonkers through TVG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2000

Old 01-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
sjk

Thanks for the reminder that I needed to take a few minutes to gear up to use your new tool.

Looks like it will save a lot of wear and tear on the brain. I have no doubt that it will result in me playing more races than I have recently done.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2009, 08:31 PM   #15
plainolebill

Does Youbet have wagering reports other than a log that tells you how much was bet and won?
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply