Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-31-2017, 09:49 AM   #1
letswastemoney

How the Democrats can get back on track...

Here is my advice for the Democratic party.

1) Get away from pushing open borders. Stop promoting illegal immigration too. It's indefensible to a lot of people, including Democrats.

2) Start condemning violent protests. All my liberal friends (especially younger ones) think it's pretty normal for their side to take the law into their own hands and commit violence to get what they want. This kind of thinking needs to end, but party leaders (including Obama) aren't discouraging the behavior.

3) Tolerate Islam, but don't vigorously defend it. I don't want to hear about how Islam is the new "feminism" because it's not. The idea is absurd. It's a religion that will take us back hundreds of years if somehow it becomes the majority in the Western world.

With that said, it is understood there are plenty of harmless Muslims.

4) Stop trying to rig the media in your favor. The WikiLeaks prove there was collusion between the DNC and mainstream media organizations. No ones likes cheaters.

A lot of my beliefs are still left leaning, especially on health care as I believe that is a right for all legal US Citizens. But the way Democrats and liberals act sometimes makes me sick.

Last edited by letswastemoney; 03-31-2017 at 09:52 AM.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
chadk66

so in other words stick the gun in their mouths and pull the trigger
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
davew

They should just split the party and have the new part call themselves something like xenocentric revolutionary party
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 11:43 AM   #4
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
They should just split the party and have the new part call themselves something like xenocentric revolutionary party
We desperately need a viable third party. The only people besides the far left wackos who vote for today's Democrats are those who have voted Democrat all their lives and are physically and emotionally incapable of doing otherwise.

To those people, THIS IS NOT YOUR PARENT'S DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

Neither Harry Truman nor JFK would belong. Could you imagine either of them agreeing with Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi on anything?
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 11:50 AM   #5
johnhannibalsmith

I'll add my own personal recommendation that would bring them more voters than anything:

Be humble. Stand for things. Don't be the best every time it works out and 'unaware' when it doesn't. Don't tell me that we must do this or we can't do that today, and then the opposite in four years when the construct of Congress has changed.

Be genuine and be sincere and fall on your sword and take chances and fail and fail and fail then succeed. Do something other than maneuvering for re-election. Be a public servant.

Whichever party finds four prominent members to act like that gets that coveted and elusive century of rule that has been passed around like a hot potato lately.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 12:26 PM   #6
chadk66

what we need is to end party politics. no more party affiliations. people would have to do their own investigations on who to vote for. end endorsements from newspapers, etc.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Get back to the center! If the Bernie babies think they'll be better off voting GOP, let 'em.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 12:43 PM   #8
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
what we need is to end party politics. no more party affiliations. people would have to do their own investigations on who to vote for. end endorsements from newspapers, etc.
When I went to school (along with Abe Lincoln) our teachers EMPHASIZED voting for the candidate and not the political party.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 02:29 PM   #9
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
When I went to school (along with Abe Lincoln) our teachers EMPHASIZED voting for the candidate and not the political party.
I know. Those were the days.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:37 PM   #10
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Here is my advice for the Democratic party.

1) Get away from pushing open borders. Stop promoting illegal immigration too. It's indefensible to a lot of people, including Democrats.

2) Start condemning violent protests. All my liberal friends (especially younger ones) think it's pretty normal for their side to take the law into their own hands and commit violence to get what they want. This kind of thinking needs to end, but party leaders (including Obama) aren't discouraging the behavior.

3) Tolerate Islam, but don't vigorously defend it. I don't want to hear about how Islam is the new "feminism" because it's not. The idea is absurd. It's a religion that will take us back hundreds of years if somehow it becomes the majority in the Western world.

With that said, it is understood there are plenty of harmless Muslims.

4) Stop trying to rig the media in your favor. The WikiLeaks prove there was collusion between the DNC and mainstream media organizations. No ones likes cheaters.

A lot of my beliefs are still left leaning, especially on health care as I believe that is a right for all legal US Citizens. But the way Democrats and liberals act sometimes makes me sick.
Largely they are screwed because they are on the wrong side of the pendulum that is still in the middle of the momentum swinging to the right, once it completes its swing it will either take its time reversing its direction or start its swing left. What most do not realize is how far left it was prior to its swing. Taking everything into consideration of the last twenty years plus the very real threats we face now are horrifying enough to provide continued momentum to continue the swing to the right.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The only track that worthless party should be on is railroad
tracks.

They care nothing liars and cheaters and thieves.

Que Cher:

"Cheaters, liars, thieves,
The party of the people has become.
We call them cheaters, liars, thieves,
And every night, CNN would come around,
and lay the fake news down."