Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-28-2016, 12:55 PM   #31
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown
When you are deemed mentally incapacitated, there is no timetable.
Not so. That's why we have presidential term limits.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:01 PM   #32
jk3521
Registered Loser

I saw an interview a few months back taken with neighbors of his parents and someone stated that he appeared "creepy". When I heard that, I thought that for sure he wouldn"t be released. And with us getting a brand new fresh president coming into office this coming winter, I hope he is going to be watched very closely by the Secret Service. He will be living with his 90 yr old mother, what happens when she passes ?

Last edited by jk3521; 07-28-2016 at 03:06 PM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 05:52 PM   #33
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
He will be living with his 90 yr old mother, what happens when she passes ?
He'll be paying his own bills? His ability to kill again isn't going to be stopped by his 90 yr old mom anyway. By the time she wakes up and notices he's gone is plenty of time for him to do whatever he intends to do.
The whole notion of the jerk being free is a sham.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #34
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
I don't know how Hinckley fits in on voting, but the fact that he was found not guilty seems like it would not make him an ex-felon. I wonder if he had been voting while at the hospital. Constitutionally, it doesn't say anywhere that you have to have all your marbles to vote in America.
Regardless of one's personal political leanings -- or maybe in spite of -- the last line in your post is proven correct every election year.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 09:17 PM   #35
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
He'll be paying his own bills? His ability to kill again isn't going to be stopped by his 90 yr old mom anyway. By the time she wakes up and notices he's gone is plenty of time for him to do whatever he intends to do.
The whole notion of the jerk being free is a sham.
There was no mention of wearing an ankle bracelet, just has to have a trackable cell phone, go to therapy once a week, stay 50 miles within his mother's house and notify people when he leaves his home, although if there's no ankle bracelet.... I'm sure he has been zombied up on enough pharmaceuticals so he's not a threat. He also from a well off family so there may be some kind of trust fund for his bills.

I feel though, if only for symbolic reasons, he shouldn't have been released.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 09:23 PM   #36
reckless
Veteran

Since Hinckley wasn't convicted of attempted murder due to the fact he was declared mentally insane why is it that people resent his release after all these years?

Since he shot president Reagan in Washington DC, he basically got a free pass due to the DC law at the time -- which has since been changed because of this shooting. If the shooting took place in Maryland or Virginia (or anywhere else for that matter), he'd have been incarcerated for life, regardless of his mental state.

Not only was the venue in Hinckley's favor, but he also got lucky that James Brady lived 33 years after the shooting. While it was determined that Hinckley's bullet that struck Brady eventually was the cause of Brady's death, Hinckley beat that murder rap too under a law known as a 'Year and a Day Rule.' Had Brady died within a year and a day of the shooting, Hinckley would have been charged with murder and probably imprisioned for life, again, regardless of his mental state.

(Yes, I know, the Virginia medical examiner ruled his death a homicide due to this shooting.)

Last edited by reckless; 07-28-2016 at 09:24 PM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply