Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-22-2018, 05:31 AM   #1
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

R8 G2 Eddie Read - Del Mar 7/22

True Valor: Pond crossers in their first race in the states are always tough, and this is no exception. 'Numbers wise' I always subtract 4 to 5 to see where they fit as a general rule. That means this one should be right there. Jock and trainer travel. Very interesting.

Next Shares: Deep closing sort that hits the board in big races. Can he break through and win a big one? The Del Mar turf will be going against him as closers are struggling.

Flamboyant: This millionaire winning horse has certainly had his moments. Now, as a 7YO, the clock is creeping up on him. Not without a chance, just prefer others.

Bowies Hero: Loves this track and is a major contender. Nakatani will bring a winner home sometime this meet, and this may well be the first. He and the Next Shares have a bit of a rivalry going. He is looking to even the score over the last 3.

Sharp Samurai: As good as any in here. 2 for 3 at the track and 6 for 8 on the green stuff. Incredibly difficult to exclude from any ticket. Different name, and different connections, he may well be the 9/5 choice.

Catapult: Against this kind of company, he is always the bridesmaid. Hard to find a scenario in which he could end up on top. He'll run hard, and maybe get into the picture at the finish, but is strictly an exotics play.

Hunt: He can beat everybody in the field, and his 3 wins at this track have to be respected. I'll look to keep him off every ticket as he just doesn't seem to fit for me.

Multiplier: His newfound turf career is off to a reasonably decent start. The G1 Manhattan was just a massively tough race last out, and the waters are quite a bit more shalllow here. The 20/1 ML will likely drop a bit, and if at 12/1 or better, he could be a solid play. As a 4YO with this being his 3rd career start on the green stuff, he is still figuring things out. He might figure it out at a price.

Itsinthepost: Quite simply, he just doesn't ever run a bad race. However, he is 0 for 9 at Del Mar. Very much looking to beat this likely post time favorite.

Prime Attraction: His Native Dancer romp 4 back at this venue was fantastic. Problem is, it isn't November, and this race is on turf. Maybe not an on top kind of play, but I've seen much worse potential 50/1 shots and would not exclude from any exotic ticket.

Fashion Business: Not without a chance, and has run in the same company as the and . Likely exotics bound, but in his 3rd start as a 4YO, he could still pop. Likes this track, and is a tough exclude from 'Picks' tickets.

SUMMARY: After you sit back and suck it all in, there is a serious lack of speed in this field. Got a feeling that somebody like the Bowies Hero could inherit the lead and never give it up. Odd field in which nothing really sticks out.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 07-22-2018 at 05:36 AM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 06:23 AM   #2
GaryG
Unreconstructed

FASHION BUSINESS looks like a late bloomer in peaking form. In a contentious race I will play him to win and place.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:48 AM   #3
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
I will go with the

I always play the import in stakes races and he gets a 10+ lbs weight break than what he is used to carrying. If it was raining, I would bet even harder.

And a flyer on - I automatically bet greys that are wearing the red or pink saddle silks.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF View Post
I will go with the

I always play the import in stakes races and he gets a 10+ lbs weight break than what he is used to carrying. If it was raining, I would bet even harder.

And a flyer on - I automatically bet greys that are wearing the red or pink saddle silks.

It is Sunday though. You can't wager on Pink/Red on a Sunday when the moon is in the 7th house of Saturn in July.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #5
jay68802

Narrowed down to 3.

0 for 9 at the track but is 3-5 at the distance, running style is key here and think this one is the pace setter.

Should be on the leaders heals entering the stretch, and can find enough to pass the on his best days.

Same as the and has shown a little better running in the stretch. Showed a sharp decline in last race, makes me a little hesitant here.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #6
Andy Asaro

with GL
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 08:06 PM   #7
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
It is Sunday though. You can't wager on Pink/Red on a Sunday when the moon is in the 7th house of Saturn in July.

Last edited by jay68802; 07-22-2018 at 08:07 PM.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 08:33 PM   #8
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post

Dude, we need to meet up sometime.

Anywho, I'm thick on the
Old 07-22-2018, 08:58 PM   #9
MadVindication

Nakatani and Van Dyke have been great at driving the late runners in on that course.
MadVindication is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Oh Mother, tell your children,
Not to bet, who I have Bet!
Been the ruin, of many a Pic 5
And God, I'm not alive!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: