Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #46
PoloUK6108

He was crap. Luckily I did so bad on the undercard that I only had a small WP on him. Even without the blocker, no one was beating Justify.
PoloUK6108 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 04:36 PM   #47
Andy Asaro

As for Castellano’s surprising willingness to track Justify after hustling Noble Indy out of the gate, Repole said of his conversation with him:

“He decided to call an audible, and that’s not the way we wanted the race run. I am baffled by the audible.”

https://nypost.com/2018/06/10/belmon...site%20buttons

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 06-10-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #48
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The horse got what, a 78 TF fig?
That is roughly az 58 Beyer.

We do better than that at Finger Lakes!
Hey, Mike, I90 West, exit 44. On your left, can't miss it!
Maybe you keep up with our 3 yos.
Too bad we just stopped the 4.5 Furlong races last week.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:53 PM   #49
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
As for Castellano’s surprising willingness to track Justify after hustling Noble Indy out of the gate, Repole said of his conversation with him:

“He decided to call an audible, and that’s not the way we wanted the race run. I am baffled by the audible.”

https://nypost.com/2018/06/10/belmon...site%20buttons

I'm not sure what he expected.

There were common connections between Noble Indy and Justify.

Did he really want and expect to use Noble Indy as a rabbit?

The thing he should potentially be mildly upset about was the ride on Vino Rosso. I know everyone is going to disagree with me "because he was going for the win", but Vino Rosso was moved prematurely trying to put pressure on Justify. That almost certainly cost him 3rd. If he rode his race and moved when he was supposed to, he gets 3rd and he might have even been in a battle for 2nd other than Gronkowski got that perfect cut the corner trip.

The very idea that you can pressure Justify and beat him that way is so comical I can't believe anyone anywhere believes it. You can pressure him and get him beat, but you will beat your own horse even worse.

You have one hope when you are in Vino Rosso's position. You ride your horse as efficiently as possible for him and you hope Justify has a bad day or someone else is stupid enough to tangle with him prematurely.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #50
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

It became completely obvious to Javier that Noble Indy wanted no part of out-dueling Justify in the first quarter mile. What was he supposed to do? start whipping the horse 100 times out of the gate? He made the right call.
Ridiculous.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2018, 01:02 PM   #51
clicknow

There weren't even any G1 winners in the race besides FDB.....nobody was going to beat justify. (I'm not saying that to belittle his accomplishment....he really magnificently towered over everyone else)

I had to put 2 other horses in the key spot since I was looking for a price just in case....it's horse racing, stuff happens. My brother liked Noble, so I threw him in cuz we were going to split the profit if it happened, though I had no confidence at all in Indy and never would have used him based on pedigree distance.

I expected Tenfold who I really liked to do better.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-11-2018 at 01:03 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #52
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I expected Tenfold who I really liked to do better.
Tenfold, it was too far, and I would say he had a poor trip, every decision that Santana made didnt work out for him.

I still think he can develop and win some races, though I doubt he is ever top tier.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply