Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #9781
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
To compare the Book of Mormon to the inspired Word of God is analogous to comparing a brass ring (the former book) to the Hope Diamond (the latter).
A Mormon would disagree.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #9782
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
A Mormon would disagree.
Really? Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:43 PM   #9783
boxcar

Quote:
A Mormon would disagree.
Here's the thing with other "holy" books. Save for the bible, I liken all other holy books (so-called) to dead fish, for like dead fish those books can only flow downstream with the world's wisdom, sharing numerous commonalities . The bible, however, is a live fish (just as God's Word is living) because like a living fish only the bible has the power to swim upstream, against the world's wisdom, (cf. Isa 55:8-9, Heb 4:12).

Kool, huh?
Old 02-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #9784
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
And so, the professor obeyed the "contract" by teaching fairness to a student by being unfair. Paradoxical, isn't it? He taught that to be fair, one must have an objective standard outside of oneself, ...
Wrong. The professor was simply being a dick. The question is "what would the jury believe?"

Quote:
... and he proved this by adopting the student's own internal, subjective ethic of moral relativism and giving him a taste of his own medicine. So, actually, he did teach the kid to think outside the box --
And forcing the kid to adopt the professor's box of muddle-headed ethics.

Quote:
A hard lesson? Sure. But it's the hard lessons learned that won't soon be forgotten.
If this had happened to me I would have taught the professor a lesson that he would not soon forget. I would have called my dad, who was a lawyer. "Dad I have a problem. One of my teachers is a pervert who has been making sexual advances on me. Now he's given me an F on a paper that he admits is a good paper. He's trying to blackmail me into having sex with him. ... What, Dad? Yeah, I'm sure. He's grabbed my ass several times. ... What? ... Well, he's got the perfect out. He'll claim I made this story up because he gave me the F. ... Yeah. I've seen him pat one of the girls on the butt, too. ... No Dad, it's too late to drop the course. It's past the no fault cut off date. If I drop it now I have to show cause or else it's an automatic F"

I'm certain that my dad would have called the dean. My dad, the dean, the prof and I would have wound up in the same room. Of course they would have to drag the story out of me then. After all, I had only told my dad.

Funny thing about human psychology. People are suggestible, particularly teens and particularly girls. I'm sure someone would come forward to corroborate my story. And they would actually believe they were telling the truth.

I'm certain the story would hit the college newspaper. Maybe even the local press. Or Fox news. OK, there was no Fox news back then. Even if the prof won he would still have to live with it the rest of his life. Look at Lizzie Borden. The jury said "not guilty" but people still think she did it.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:13 PM   #9785
boxcar

Quote:
Wrong. The professor was simply being a dick. The question is "what would the jury believe?"

And forcing the kid to adopt the professor's box of muddle-headed ethics.

If this had happened to me I would have taught the professor a lesson that he would not soon forget. I would have called my dad, who was a lawyer. "Dad I have a problem. One of my teachers is a pervert who has been making sexual advances on me. Now he's given me an F on a paper that he admits is a good paper. He's trying to blackmail me into having sex with him. ... What, Dad? Yeah, I'm sure. He's grabbed my ass several times. ... What? ... Well, he's got the perfect out. He'll claim I made this story up because he gave me the F. ... Yeah. I've seen him pat one of the girls on the butt, too. ... No Dad, it's too late to drop the course. It's past the no fault cut off date. If I drop it now I have to show cause or else it's an automatic F"

I'm certain that my dad would have called the dean. My dad, the dean, the prof and I would have wound up in the same room. Of course they would have to drag the story out of me then. After all, I had only told my dad.

Funny thing about human psychology. People are suggestible, particularly teens and particularly girls. I'm sure someone would come forward to corroborate my story. And they would actually believe they were telling the truth.

I'm certain the story would hit the college newspaper. Maybe even the local press. Or Fox news. OK, there was no Fox news back then. Even if the prof won he would still have to live with it the rest of his life. Look at Lizzie Borden. The jury said "not guilty" but people still think she did it.
So, you would have lied because the Prof hurt your delicate, fragile feelings, lowered your self-esteem and he made you feel unsafe by giving you a tough life lesson in what real morality consist of in order to be objective and fair.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 02-21-2019, 01:59 PM   #9786
thaskalos

Quote:
Here's the thing with other "holy" books. Save for the bible, I liken all other holy books (so-called) to dead fish, for like dead fish those books can only flow downstream with the world's wisdom, sharing numerous commonalities . The bible, however, is a live fish (just as God's Word is living) because like a living fish only the bible has the power to swim upstream, against the world's wisdom, (cf. Isa 55:8-9, Heb 4:12).

Kool, huh?
No one can deny you the opinion that you are obviously entitled to. And my own opinion is that the bible is the deadest fish of them all. To each his own.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:04 PM   #9787
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
So, you would have lied because the Prof hurt your delicate, fragile feelings, lowered your self-esteem and he made you feel unsafe by giving you a tough life lesson in what real morality consist of in order to be objective and fair.
As I have stated before, morality is a human construct. It is nothing more than a behavior pattern whose existence is explained by Darwinian evolution.

The world will kick you around if you let it. But revenge is sweet. It builds confidence.

Quote:
Why am I not surprised?
You tell me.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:50 PM   #9788
boxcar

Quote:
As I have stated before, morality is a human construct. It is nothing more than a behavior pattern whose existence is explained by Darwinian evolution.

The world will kick you around if you let it. But revenge is sweet. It builds confidence.

You tell me.
It still doesn't change the fact the "human construct" of moral relativism is self-defeating. It appears the humans in this world cannot get themselves to agree on what is right and what is wrong -- what is good and what is evil -- what is just and what is unjust.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:52 PM   #9789
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
No one can deny you the opinion that you are obviously entitled to. And my own opinion is that the bible is the deadest fish of them all. To each his own.
For a dead fish it does a heck of a great job of bucking against the world's dead philosophies and and equally ded religions.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:08 PM   #9790
thaskalos

Quote:
For a dead fish it does a heck of a great job of bucking against the world's dead philosophies and and equally ded religions.
The bible's business has been slipping for quite a while...so, I'm not too sure about how well it stacks up against the other "philosophies". Even the hardcore Christians take the bible stories with several grains of salt.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:14 PM   #9791
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The bible's business has been slipping for quite a while...so, I'm not too sure about how well it stacks up against the other "philosophies". Even the hardcore Christians take the bible stories with several grains of salt.
The "bible's business" is not the matrix I use to determine its uniqueness. It's the bible's message that sets it light years apart from all the others. Its message has never been popular, and as this age draws closer to the end, I doubt very much it will gain popularity in the world as a whole.

And how many "hardcore" Christians do you know? And what defines "hardcore"/

Last edited by boxcar; 02-21-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #9792
Light
Veteran

Quote:
No, I didn't. All the texts you cherry-picked are taken out of context. For example -- if Christians are not supposed exercise judgment, then how are they to obey rules for church discipline which is administered on the horizontal level? Or how are Christians, generally, supposed to obey the injunction to avoid evil men (2Tim 3:1ff.)?
You equate someone exercising "judgement" on how they run their own lives to your "judgement" and "condemnation" of them as equal? Jesus has an answer for you.

You’re nothing but show-offs. You lock people out of the kingdom of Heaven.

Quote:
Tell me, Mr. Wanna-be bible expert, who hates God's truth, did Jesus ever judge anyone or speak to anyone in condemning tones?
Jesus said I judge no one. John 8:15

Furthermore. When Jesus was executed by people who crucified him, he forgave them for it. Here when someone simply disagrees with you, you condemn them to Hell.

So whose religion are you following? Yours or Jesus's. Jesus said
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.Matthew 19:19-21

You have disobeyed here as well.

You will reap what you sow. You sow hate because that is what is in your heart and that is what you will reap.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:48 PM   #9793
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You equate someone exercising "judgement" on how they run their own lives to your "judgement" and "condemnation" of them as equal? Jesus has an answer for you.
Wanna try that again? The above is incoherent babble.

Moreover, in sharing the Gospel (good news), one needs to share the bad news side of it as well, which is eternal damnation for all who do not repent and believe. Even your "best friend" said:

John 3:36
36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
NASB

You’re nothing but show-offs. You lock people out of the kingdom of Heaven.

I don't lock anyone out. You and others here willfully and gladly lock yourselves out. You refuse to come to the Light because you love the darkness; for your deeds are evil (Jn 3:19). (Sounds pretty judgmental of Jesus.)

Quote:
Jesus said I judge no one. John 8:15
Don't you know that that text has been "altered, manipulated and misrepresented", not to mention quoted out of context by you? Why do you trust that passage and not this one, also spoken by your "best friend":

John 7:24
"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."?
NASB

And how do you conveniently forget these words of condemnation by your "best friend"?

Matt 11:22
22 "Nevertheless I say to you, it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment, than for you.
NASB

And,

Matt 11:24
24[i] "Nevertheless I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for you."{/i]
NASB

You should put aside your hatred for Trump and start a political movement to do away with the all the judicial systems at all levels in the U.S. so that no human being judges another. You'd gain popularity with a lot of people in a hurry. You can call your movement The Luv Wagon.

Quote:
Furthermore. When Jesus was executed by people who crucified him, he forgave them for it. Here when someone simply disagrees with you, you condemn them to Hell.
He didn't forgive anyone. He prayed for their forgiveness. And his Father answered in the early chapters of Acts when He granted many Jews repentance from their sins. But the Father did not forgive all Jews, for He executed Judgment on them in 70 A.D. as punishment for their heinous crime against His only begotten Son, just as Jesus predicted would happen.

Quote:
So whose religion are you following? Yours or Jesus's. Jesus said
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.Matthew 19:19-21

You have disobeyed here as well.
Sharing the gospel is an ACT of love. Unlike you I don't love in just word and tongue but with action and in truth. And like Paul, I can say "woe is me if I do not preach the gospel..."(1Cor 1:17)

Quote:
You will reap what you sow. You sow hate because that is what is in your heart and that is what you will reap.
How can I sow hate when there is no such thing as hate? After all, to hate would be evil, wouldn't it? But you have said that evil doesn't exist. It appears your life is one huge maze of confusion. You non-existent mind seems to be under perpetual bombardment with illusions.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:30 PM   #9794
Light
Veteran

Quote:

How can I sow hate when there is no such thing as hate? After all, to hate would be evil, wouldn't it? But you have said that evil doesn't exist. It appears your life is one huge maze of confusion. You non-existent mind seems to be under perpetual bombardment with illusions.
You are not a Christian. You pretend to be a Christian while spreading your message of hate. That comes from your self hate.

Quoting scripture does not mean you are a Christian. Any 3YO can copy/paste.

You are only a Christian with copied words but not original deeds. All those abusive priests can also quote scripture, and better than you. Many are now dead. Where are they now? Abusiveness is a form of hate. Your speech is also a form of hate.

Your religion is Hate. Jesus's religion is Love. Jesus never told anyone personally they are going to Hell. If you were a Christian you would follow his example. Instead you follow your religion of your ego and hate.

You think its great to tell everyone they are going to Hell, while hoisting yourself up as one of the few going to Heaven. Nobody who is a Christian speaks that way. You believe you speak for God. I know sometimes you think you are Jesus.

If someone like me says they have had a lifelong relationship with Jesus that includes literally miracles, you cut them down just to hoist your fragile ego up. That is because you are lost. You do not know who you are. You try to gain your identity through religion but your self hatred spills out to all and sabotages your ability to be successful.

What you are is a very pathetic and sad human being who does not know God, Love or yourself. The sooner you realize that and admit it, the sooner you will start to come to God.

At the moment Lucifer uses you as his bitch to promote his agenda. You spread hate while thinking you are a man of God. Lucifer laughs so hard he gets a side ache.

To answer your question above is almost in vain. I have answered it repeatedly. You intentionally refuse to understand because it may make you less hateful or more aware. You may realize that love is all that truly exists and all else is an illusion.That we fall for illusion because this is the nature of this world. You may have to raise your consciousness to levels that may free you from the miserable person you are. But you are not ready.

The Bible, like anything else in this world is for you to make of it what you will. Your darkness attaches to the darkness, hate and negativity in it. I prefer to dwell in the positive, light and love that is in it. That is the only way to connect to God which is love. The rest is a trap and will leave you Godless, loveless and crying.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:58 PM   #9795
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The "bible's business" is not the matrix ...
So you think reality is a computer simulation? Terrible movie, BTW.

Quote:
It's the bible's message that sets it light years apart from all the others.
True of every holy book according to the believers.

Quote:
And what defines "hardcore"/
Penetration!