Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 12-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
sammy the sage

You chance to make HISTORY...final card at Hollywood

anybody game...best picks and reasons WHY...will try to post something reasonable...maybe bettable in a bit ...a terrible/horrible card for a final...

somebody's gotta BE THE champ/chump...
Old 12-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
dartman51

Poor WARREN is having a bad day, and it hasn't even started yet.

WARREN'S ASSASSIN scratched from RACE 2
WARREN'S MY QUEEN scratched from RACE 6
WARREN'S JOE T. scratched from RACE 11

What's up with WARREN ???
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
KidCapper

Closing day best bets

I have few a like here on the final closing day. The picks:

Race -1 The . 2nd career turf race for Kruljac. Trainer hits at 40% with 2nd time turf runners. Ties for the high last race Bris figure. Runs them all down late at 5-2 on the line.

Race -4 The .Class dropped for O'Neill into the Maiden claiming ranks for a 19% trainer move. 3rd time off the layoff another 18% move. Mario boots this one home late at 5-2.

Race -6 The . 3rd time off the layoff for Miller a 16% trainer angle. 0 for 12 maiden owns the field's high last out Bris figure which doesn't say much for this group. Could be her day at 5-1 ML.

Race -7 The . 1st off the claim for Diodoro a 13% angle. Cuts back to a sprint for another 19% move. Should sit a good trip at 7-2 here.

Race -10 The . Off the layoff for Sherman a 13% trainer angle. Switches from dirt to aw for another 14% angle. 25% non-graded stakes trainer will have this one ready on the return to the sprint today. 3-1 feels good.

Good Luck N Good Racing From The KidCapper!
KidCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
dartman51

FINAL DAY

RACE 1 The AQUA REVELATION looks to be the deserved favorite, with TOP SPEED at the DIST. and TOP SPEED on TURF, and a hot trainer. I'm looking for the upset with the APOSTLE PAUL. Speed has improved in each of last 3 races and has improved late pace, which should help in this turf route.

RACE 2 Number VALARTA has BEST EARLY, BEST CLOSING and BEST TOTAL speed, and improving late pace. Might be just enough to get her to the winners circle. Will have to overcome the WOODLANDSWAY who was a beaten favorite in last and showed speed and faded, gets BLINKERS today.

RACE 3 Look no farther than the HIGHLY RATED. Another beaten favorite last out, speed has improved each of last 3, has TOP SPEED at DIST., trainer is 30% 1st off claim, 44% moving up 2 classes, 23% after 45 day lay off and T/J combo is hitting at 23% this meet, but 59% of last 138 trips. I look for the MARY CONTRARY and the ENGLISH RHYTHM, to follow her home.

RACE 4 Not too excited about this race. The HANDSOME DENNIS and the BOSS OF ME, seem to be the major players here, but I also like the SLIGHT EDGE and big longshot PAVEMENT. Looks like a PASS race for me. Maybe some small wagers on some prices. Game time decision.

RACE 5 Number JET BLUE GIRL TOP SPEED at DIST. by a bunch and 32% J/T combo. Other than that, not much for me in here. The ONE MAGICAL GIRL is one I will watch. For the right price, would be worth a play.

RACE 6 Big price here, EASTER CHORUS 2nd race lifetime could improve angle, gets 1st time lasix, blinks on and droping in from MSW. Switch of jockeys is not to a TOP jockey, but this T/J combo hits at 25%. Also the SECRET MEMO and MOON RIDE, deserve consideration.

RACE 7 The KORBAN best closing speed, best total speed and best total class. First time turf is only concern. DIXIELAND BLUES is a contender I like also. Odds will determine my bet.

RACE 8 Too many FTS in this race for me. If I play at all, will probably be an exacta box of the ZENSATIONAL BEAUTY, KOUKLA and the STEAL THE LUTE.

RACE 9 Looks like will be a favorites race. PULPIT'S EXPRESS looks like the real deal here. Too short on the price for me. I'll take a closer look at the FULL INSTINCT and VOLKONSKY. Probably end up with a PASS.

RACE 10 Hollendorfer has 2 in here and I like them both. I give a slight edge to the PRAY HARD over LIFE IS A JOY. The is another 44% up 2 classes move and hot T/J combo.

RACE 11 Can't seem to get away from the Hollendorfer/Bejarano combo. The DANDEREK is a player in here for all the same reasons as I gave before on these 2. But, I'm going to try to close out with a price. POSHSKY has the best EARLY and best TOTAL SPEED, and at a big price, I'll probably take a swing.

Good luck to all who play today. I hope there is some information here that is helpful.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
FiveWide

BHP Race 1

-Five
FiveWide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
sammy the sage

Dartman...like your picks in 7th & 11th...and reasons...

in the 4th I like Slight Edge and 5th Mia Isabel...interanl race fractions and race shape dynamics for moi incourage a wager!
Old 12-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
FiveWide

BHP

race 2:
race 3:
race 4:
race 5:

-Five
Old 12-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
FiveWide

BHP

Race 6:
Race 7:
Race 8:
Race 9:
Race 10:
Race 11:

-Five
Old 12-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #9
woodtoo

race 4 what a journey
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #10
Racetrack Playa
regular user

Race

I dig That man, Breeding made me look I think a little "extra.. helps 7 and Half
Racetrack Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
KidCapper

Race -4 Results

Race -4 The .Class dropped for O'Neill into the Maiden claiming ranks for a 19% trainer move. 3rd time off the layoff another 18% move. Mario boots this one home late at 5-2.

Winner at 9-2 Way over the 5-2 ML. I'll take it!
Old 12-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
judd

Race 5 no2 Warrens judy w-p-s
Old 12-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
coachv30

Race 5

TRI BOX

Hoping he gets the lead and the class drop keeps him in the $$

Good Form/Class drop and O'neill's numbers are good turf --> Syn

Throwing this one in as a longshot off of the 24.1 final internal fraction last out.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #14
Ultimate Selector!
Professional Player!

Hollywood's 6th Race ... #4 at 8-1 .. & .. #13 at 5-1
Ultimate Selector! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #15
KidCapper

Race 6 Results

Race -6 The . 3rd time off the layoff for Miller a 16% trainer angle. 0 for 12 maiden owns the field's high last out Bris figure which doesn't say much for this group. Could be her day at 5-1 ML.

Now 0 for 13...did ok to run 2nd though.