Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-15-2018, 07:53 PM   #61
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
I saw this the other day, very popular:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBG/
Ave Maria!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Ilk2s6YYE0c
But it looks like it could be fun. Especially if your stable.

Last edited by RunForTheRoses; 02-15-2018 at 07:54 PM.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #62
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Stop being a wanker mate.

You are comparing an Australia with a population of 25 million living on approximately 2.97 million square miles of land to the United States population of over 325 million living on approximately 3.75 million square miles.

The amount of anger in this country's young population clearly reflects in the mass killings the last 20+ years. Regardless of the weapon used the perpetrators would have killed.

Start addressing the failures of parents in today's society and than you may be able to lower the frequency of these atrocities.
There is a huge difference in kids who actually had good parents the first seven years of life. Drugs are a big problem inside school, take away the movie and game problem and I think a kid who had it rough the first seven then took drugs and the result might be similar to what we are seeing.

In any case I thought your post was better than the rest.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2018, 08:26 PM   #63
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
There is a huge difference in kids who actually had good parents the first seven years of life. Drugs are a big problem inside school, take away the movie and game problem and I think a kid who had it rough the first seven then took drugs and the result might be similar to what we are seeing.

In any case I thought your post was better than the rest.
Fast,

I appreciate your comment.

My bride and I have talked a great deal about these sickening events and conclude that until we all really address the fundamental issues of our society's failures to this youngsters murderous events will continue.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2018, 08:26 PM   #64
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2018, 08:36 PM   #65
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why does everyone want to keep coming here if it sucks so badly + it's so damn dangerous?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2018, 08:41 PM   #66
MutuelClerk

Bullets don't kill our school children.

Politicians do.

Getting reelected more important than some damn kids.....
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2018, 08:45 PM   #67
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why does everyone want to keep coming here if it sucks so badly + it's so damn dangerous?
It may be safer here compared to where they are coming from and this is still the greatest country IMO.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2018, 08:51 PM   #68
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 02-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #69
FantasticDan
gelding

^^

Old 02-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #70
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Great @RonBrownstein piece detailing the deep, lopsided structural imbalance at play that allows a minority of the country to keep blocking action on immigration and guns supported by huge majorities
He says that Republicans want fewer immigrants, but then implies that most people are opposed to that position with this:

Quote:
Depending on the poll, up to about 85 percent of Americans say they support legal status for the so-called Dreamers, who have received temporary protection from deportation under former President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
Immigration and DACA are two different things. There is no evidence that Republicans want fewer immigrants. There is strong evidence that they want fewer illegal immigrants. And it is clear that the Democrats are trying to use DACA as a lever to get much more sweeping amnesty.

Many on the right are sympathetic to the plight of the DACA kids, and would like to see a clean fix. No one has presented a clean fix yet.

The polling data he presents on guns is suspect. Evidence shows that the results of polls on guns can be greatly manipulated by how the questions are posed. Questions about "assault rifles" are particularly suspect.

But the polls are not relevant. What is relevant is the 2nd Amendment, and that is not going to be changed. End of story.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:10 PM   #71
Clocker

Quote:
Complete nonsense. The major impact of the AWB was to increase the price and the demand for assault weapon lookalikes and their "high capacity" magazines. There were tons of both at any gun show on any weekend.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:13 PM   #72
johnhannibalsmith

I don't know how it seems to get more likely instead of less likely with each new addition to the count, but they play video games and watch movies all over the wide wide world.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2018, 09:18 PM   #73
Clocker

Quote:
That's why the AWB targeted such a configuration of weapon:
- Not a semi-auto weapon = can't fire fast.
- Small capacity clip/magazine = don't have many bullets.
- Non-detachable magazine = can't quickly reload when out of ammunition.
Not perfect, but better than today's rules.
More utter nonsense. None of those things describe conditions under the AWB. You could still buy a new AR-15 as long as it didn't have 2 or more evil looking features, like a bayonet mount or a folding stock.

You could still buy high capacity magazines holding 20 or 30 rounds, as long as they were manufactured before 1994. There were millions of them in circulation, a lot of them military surplus.

No AR-15 or similar weapon has or had a non-detachable magazine. That does describe a lot of .22 rifles and most shotguns.

Who makes this stuff up? You need to find a new staff of writers.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:49 PM   #74
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
seriously?
if that's true then your country is seriously fugged.
Yeah, we’re so “”fugged” millions try to get in every year. We have to build walls and fences to keep them out. Give me a break.....
Old 02-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #75
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
I don't know how it seems to get more likely instead of less likely with each new addition to the count, but they play video games and watch movies all over the wide wide world.
Yeah, but the rest of the world doesn't have all the guns...aren't you following?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: