Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #46
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
The cop resigned - that's basically an admission that he was at fault.
What a crock of sh*t.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:03 PM   #47
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
What a crock of sh*t.
Oh, really?
Please enlighten us.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #48
Clocker

Quote:
No it is not. He resigned after his boss threw him under the bus, essentially telling the world that the guy was at fault. He resigned because his career with that department and his life in that town were doomed.

Speculation, even on the MSM, is that he was told by his superiors that he better resign or they were going to crucify him.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #49
jk3521
Registered Loser

It continually amazes me how both criminals and police act knowing that there are cameras everywhere, both security cameras and cell phones. You can't get away with anything anymore.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2015, 07:20 PM   #50
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
No it is not. He resigned after his boss threw him under the bus, essentially telling the world that the guy was at fault. He resigned because his career with that department and his life in that town were doomed.

Speculation, even on the MSM, is that he was told by his superiors that he better resign or they were going to crucify him.
No chance, of course, that his superiors were doing the right thing.

The conservatives on here bring a whole new meaning to the term biased .
Old 06-10-2015, 07:24 PM   #51
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:

Of course they are doing the right thing, but maybe not because they want to , but because they'd better to cover their own behinds.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #52
Clocker

Quote:

You might take another look at the title of this thread before judging who is biased.

I don't think anyone here denies that the guy screwed up. Some have a problem with the guy being railroaded.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:38 PM   #53
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
You're far from impartial when it comes to police matters.
Bullshit. I know the law and the system. Unlike 99% of those who post here about police matters.

When a cop is wrong, he's wrong. I have called them out before. Why don't you address my post? Because it is correct. The girl should have complied. That's the law.

The left is pushing this "bad cop" narrative because it plays into their victimhood agenda. I was right about Ferguson, and it came out. But I even said the Officer was stupid.

If you don't know the law, if you don't know the use of force laws, then you shouldn't be commenting. Especially calling people racist. You are part of the problem.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #54
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
There is an "excuse" for manhandling a 14 yr old in a bikini. It's called "effecting an arrest"

Once he tells her she is under arrest, or that she is being detained he can use the necessary force to arrrest or detain. End of story. Now whether that arrrest/detainment is lawful or warranted is a matter for the courts. 14 yr old girls don't get to make that decision by resisting arrrest.

Compliance is a requirement of the law.
This is completely ridiculous. End of Story. She wasn't arrested or being detained and resisted. She was walking away complying with officer's request(perhaps said something he did not like-I have no idea) and he chose to chase her down and grab her...................He created the entire incident for no reason other than he is a hothead who could not handle the job he was paid to do.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #55
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

His superiors threatened his pension. That's why he quit. This guy was a State Trooper prior to his job in McKinney. He has time in the system

You don't know how the retirement systems work, you don't know the law, you don't know the system of judgement he has to face. The minute the Chief and the city turn, you don't stand a chance. So you bail with your pension etc hopefully intact and safe. There is no "fair trial" there is no fairness at all. The union lawyers do the best they can to keep your pension etc. but you are now on the wrong side of your executive staff. You don't have a chance. Please understand how political and competitive these half ass cops who have graduated to politician are. Any officer above the rank of Sgt. Is no longer a cop. He's a politician masquerading as a cop. They all want to be chief and they don't dare step out and defend anyone. The one thing they will never do is take on the media. Or Rev Jackson or Sharpton.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #56
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter
This is completely ridiculous. End of Story. She wasn't arrested or being detained and resisted. She was walking away complying with officer's request(perhaps said something he did not like-I have no idea) and he chose to chase her down and grab her...................He created the entire incident for no reason other than he is a hothead who could not handle the job he was paid to do.
You don't know what you are talking about. The minute he grabbed her she is being detained. He obviously wanted to detain or arrest her for some reason. She should have complied. "Chasing her down and grabbing her" is pretty good evidence he wanted to detain her. Get real. 14 yr old girls don't get to say no.

Last edited by JustRalph; 06-10-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:16 PM   #57
Poindexter

Quote:
You don't know what you are talking about. The minute he grabbed her she is being detained. He obviously wanted to detain or arrest her for some reason. She should have complied. "Chasing her down and grabbing her" is pretty good evidence he wanted to detain her. Get real. 14 yr old girls don't get to say no.

She was complying. He told her and the girls she was with to walk away. She was walking. He chose to chase her down and grab her by the braids and throw her to the ground and sit on her. He never gave her a chance to "comply". What does she weigh? 84 pounds? And she was not resisiting. You are going to have to come up with something a little more concrete than I don't know what I am talking about. This was a complete abuse of power and as stated above a completely cowardly act. Cop was pathetic. I hope the girl gets a very nice civil case reward. She deserves it.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2015, 08:35 PM   #58
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
I have personal experience with racism, even though I am a white Italian-American. Many years ago (early 90's), my kid brothers were living in my family's co-op in Howard Beach, Queens with my father, mother, and older brother. Within the space of two years, Mom, Dad, and my older brother (a retired NYC cop) passed away, leaving them alone in the co-op. I continued to pay the monthly fee as executor of my father's estate in a timely manner, and then the eviction notices started to come in.

It turned out that my kid brothers had African-American friends who used to visit them, an intolerable situation for the mostly white residents of the Co-Op. I remember standing up for my brothers in court in Kew Gardens facing down the co-op board's attorney with the facts, but, alas, they threw them out anyway. My attorney, also white, was useless and made a feeble try at a defense. The judge, incidentally, was black but not inclined to go against the co-op board.

I ultimately placed my brothers in an apartment in an integrated neighborhood (Hollis), but, as a result of the eviction, just about all of the family's souvenirs and furniture was lost. Please, please don't tell me there's no racism in this country; open your eyes and you will see it in your every day lives.
Aww, my ass bleeds for you. One anecdotal incident (where you also throw your Italian American Howard Beach brethren under the bus) and thats it. I have many anecdotal incidents myself that would make your head spin and I'm sure others do too. I believe you need to wake up to current racial realities in the year 2015. And I know your a beloved PA Member and I will probably be flamed for my post but I'd rather speak up.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2015, 08:49 PM   #59
horses4courses

Quote:
His superiors threatened his pension. That's why he quit. This guy was a State Trooper prior to his job in McKinney. He has time in the system

You don't know how the retirement systems work, you don't know the law, you don't know the system of judgement he has to face. The minute the Chief and the city turn, you don't stand a chance. So you bail with your pension etc hopefully intact and safe. There is no "fair trial" there is no fairness at all. The union lawyers do the best they can to keep your pension etc. but you are now on the wrong side of your executive staff. You don't have a chance. Please understand how political and competitive these half ass cops who have graduated to politician are. Any officer above the rank of Sgt. Is no longer a cop. He's a politician masquerading as a cop. They all want to be chief and they don't dare step out and defend anyone. The one thing they will never do is take on the media. Or Rev Jackson or Sharpton.
Sounds like a pretty screwed-up system to me.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #60
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses
And I know your a beloved PA Member and I will probably be flamed for my post but I'd rather speak up.
Consider yourself flamed if it makes you feel better.

My point is this. Nobody can pay me enough money to be a cop. Who the hell wants to go to a pool party and sort out the crashers for somebody? And then put up with a load of crap from brats for your trouble.

The cop would do well to find himself another less stressful profession.