Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:23 AM   #826
ElKabong

IN America you're innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law. Is that correct? Yes or no.

He was never proven guilty in a court of law. You need to realize this. That is a record of fact. I know you wish that he was found guilty, but that isn't the case. Just accept it, you'll sleep better.

Nite nite !
Old 01-12-2018, 03:27 AM   #827
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.da97e3c0af4e

When a black woman asked to rent an apartment in a Brooklyn complex managed by Donald Trump’s real estate company, she said she was told that nothing was available. A short time later, a white woman who made the same request was invited to choose between two available apartments.

The two would-be renters on that July 1972 day were actually undercover “testers” for a *government-sanctioned investigation to determine whether Trump Management Inc. discriminated against minorities seeking housing at properties across Brooklyn and Queens.

Federal investigators also gathered evidence. Trump employees had secretly marked the applications of minorities with codes, such as “No. 9” and “C” for “colored,” according to government interview accounts filed in federal court. The employees allegedly directed blacks and Puerto Ricans away from buildings with mostly white tenants, and steered them toward properties that had many minorities, the government filings alleged.

Once again
Here we are almost 50 years later, and trump STILL was never found guilty of racial discrimination.

Oh this eats at you and other liberals so much. So convinced he's guilty, yet the record shows otherwise

Days like this puts a smile on my face. >>>>
Old 01-12-2018, 07:02 AM   #828
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
More embracing! Stand up and be counted!
So you've never, ever used the expression "white trash" or "hillbilly", or agreed with Hillary when she called many people "deplorables"? Where was your outrage on here when she said that? I recall you not having a problem with "deplorable" yet have one with shithole? Speaks volumes about your lock step loyalty to the left even if it means you have to be a hypocrite to do it.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:22 AM   #829
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I mean come on...

Do I think racism is the reason he said it? No, probably not.

When you say you don't want people from shithole countries and are referring to Latino and African countries particularly... then openly opine how you wish you could get immigrants from Norway the whitest effing country on the planet (I don't know if that's true but still I think it's probably pretty beige)...

Like how absolutely stupid do you have to be? Everyone wonders why the press dogs him so much... it's because he says incredibly stupid shit on the regular.
Every nationality or region has their issues. In many Spanish language and African countries/regions, the poverty level creates enormous socio-economic burdens that are often self-perpetuating. Even the brightest child in those areas can go uneducated, which is a huge sin in my eyes. On the flipside, the Scandanavian region has loads of alcoholism to go along with their higher socio-economic order, so you get tradeoffs everywhere. I don't necessarily agree with Trump on the Norway comment from the standpoint of a blanket statement. There is good and bad everywhere.

Trump is essentially saying that he wants more stringent vetting of immigrants to include a better understanding of their potential while here. Nothing wrong with that. Every company in America interviews potential new employees for their potential and fit into the company. Why cannot America do the same???
Old 01-12-2018, 07:29 AM   #830
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
it is demeaning and insulting to the people who are born into that situation and are stuck there and are busting their butts making the best of it they can.
You've never used "white trash" or "slum"? Ever? I've known several people who bust their butts and who live in the lowliest of trailer parks trying to eke out a living. Some very nice people too. Many call them rednecks and white trash and deplorable. Why is it okay for Americans to call the homes of other Americans names but not the homes of people from Africa or Central America? Seems highly hypocritical to me. He who has never uttered a comment such as Trump's may cast the first stone. I bet very few of us could pick up that rock.

I find it refreshing that our president speaks plain language because we all know that everyone in Congress speaks the exact same language but are too hypocritical to say it out loud in a group setting. I'd much rather have the honest person speaking his mind than the guy dissembling his thoughts.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:31 AM   #831
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Haven't seen this much defensiveness since the Pittsburgh Steelers Steel Curtain of the 1970's. :
Old 01-12-2018, 07:36 AM   #832
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
IN America you're innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law. Is that correct? Yes or no.
Hillary Clinton says thanks for your support.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 01-12-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:54 AM   #833
upthecreek

Good Point

Old 01-12-2018, 08:17 AM   #834
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
People in the ghetto want to get out.

People in shithole countries want to get out.

That's the whole "give us your tired and poor" thing on lady liberty. You know?

I'm not one to make a big stink about this thing but of course it's going to piss some people off. Understandably I might add.
Maybe that'd be the proper response - that they want to get out of the shithole (duh) - instead of shouting racism.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:35 AM   #835
reckless
Veteran

Maybe, just maybe, if the Haitian people weren't regularly screwed over by the Francois Duvalier and family, and later, screwed over again by the corrupt Democrat icon, Bill Clinton, the place wouldn't have become such a shit hole.

And if Haiti didn't become such a shit hole -- thank you Papa Doc and Bubba Bill -- the people wouldn't have cause to leave their country for the USA.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #836
upthecreek

Old 01-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #837
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Liberals sure love to play the race card. It seems the standard for playing it drops by the day, what a joke. So what is the proper term for a country that has been poorly run forever, is in the bottom 5 percentile of worldwide per capita income and has hordes of starving people who live as they did 500 years ago? Describe that in one word, shit hole seems pretty accurate to me.
It is a racist derogatory term describing where dimocrats keep their flock. Many large cities in US have areas that are shitholes.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #838
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 01-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #839
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 01-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #840
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Controversial, to a dem, means something that makes sense.

Danny, what you and Smirnoff fail to understand is that Nancy Pelosi is a part of the negotiations and Trump has to dumb it down or she will be lost!

Help Me, I'm melting!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: