Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 06-30-2010, 04:43 AM   #1
redeye007
Bet small...win BIG!

Joe Zambuto program

http://www.beatthepublic.com/HandicapHelp.html

I've been using my joe z program again and I'm seeing some nice results since I have have a good size database now. looks like joe has a newer version than I have, 6.3 that parses the bris instant results and a new help section. anyone else using this software and seeing good results?
redeye007 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
acorn54

can you be more specific by what you mean by "good results", such as your win pct and roi and what is the sample size.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
plainolebill

I've used several handicapping programs over the years and I generally have something good to say about all of them even if they didn't fit my style of play, etc. Zambuto's stuff was awful.

When I bought and used his program a few years ago it was FUBAR - nothing worked right and his support was terrible. The db function didn't 'function' at all! He programmed with VB and there were buttons floating on top of other buttons making those underneath inaccessible, etc. No help from Joe.

I finally gave up and deleted it from my computer.

Advice here in case anyone is considering purchasing his program -- due diligence.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 02:40 AM   #4
redeye007
Bet small...win BIG!

I never had a problem with it. I use the bris exotic results but they don't include some of the info like purse value, fractions, race type the stuff that the full charts include. I just manually enter them into the race database so I can segment my races to create my weighting systems that are race specific sort of like Allways does to create profiles but without using the charts.
I've been building a database at hol since 5/1/10 and have about 350 races. I haven't been tracking the ROI since I mostly play pic 3's, 4's and 6's and I'm mostly just a recreational player but lately I've been cashing in a lot of tickets now that I have a decent size database so I can target specific type races. I was just wondering if anyone else was using it successfully.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #5
plainolebill

Sorry, my rant wasn't aimed at you. Glad you're doing well.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2010, 02:27 AM   #6
redeye007
Bet small...win BIG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill
Sorry, my rant wasn't aimed at you. Glad you're doing well.
I know your rant wasn't directed at me. It's too bad you couldn't get you issues sorted out. It's really not that bad. did you install microsoft's vbrun60.exe? not having that installed on your machine might cause odd problems with programs writen in visual basic 6.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
redeye007
Bet small...win BIG!

Is anyone else using this program? I am curious how you are tuning your weights and I can share what is working well for me. yesterday at delmar top pick in the 5th stroppy $21 to win and top pick in the 9th classic bobby $16.20 to win using my hollywood park weights for the distance and race type. I look for better results once the weights are tuned for delmar.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:00 AM   #8
judd

Lightbulb

good luck to you
judd is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
redeye007
Bet small...win BIG!

I'm also able to generate accurate pace data using exotic results or by parsing which don't populate for beaten lenghts and position in race. I manually enter the pace data in the results database on just the win and place horse using bris's result chart format. I also edit my purse values to just 3 ranges, cheap, medium and feature.0-21k for cheap, 22-59 for medium and 60 on up for feature just using 20000,50000,100000 or any number you like. this way I have larger samples to tune by distance , race type and purse. editing the result and horse datbases only takes me a few minutes. exotic results don't populate the database with post positions so I also just manually enter them. I take my info from the Equibase result charts. Once you have some decent size samples you can begin to see the biases. of course bris result charts contain all the pertinent data for populating the databases. anyway, I'm having fun with it.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
Partsnut
BetMix User

redeye007
Quote:
I've been using my joe z program again and I'm seeing some nice results since I have have a good size database now. looks like joe has a newer version than I have, 6.3 that parses the bris instant results and a new help section. anyone else using this software and seeing good results?

I downloaded the demo which does not have the advanced features in it. The program, out of the box with no adjustments, was quite impressive for 2 tracks that I tested. It's a very flexible program that runs without a hitch on my Vista 64 laptop. The software has a lots of options and I am assuming, that when purchased it will be at least as good or better then most of the other offerings out there. I like the fact that it uses the standard BRIS data files which is affordable to most and you are not tied in to any protracted downloads.
Also, the cost of the program with all the bells and whistles is worth the $149.95 price. To me this is value.
Nice work, Joe.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #11
redeye007
Bet small...win BIG!

I think I found a better way to tune races by purse value. instead of using the actual purse value I divide them into 3 groups, cheap, medium, and feature and manually make the changes in the race result database. this way I don't have to deal with 30 or more different purse values at each track just 3 once you determine the ranges. delmar and evangeline were red hot today. lots of tri and super top 4 boxes and top winners.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:27 AM   #12
redeye007
Bet small...win BIG!

For all users of the program, take a close look at the horse with the best first-last sprint figure in the pace report. yesterday at delmar queen mariles $30, last week at delmar holding her ground $54. including these in pick 3/4/6 produce bonanzas.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #13
Partsnut
BetMix User

redeye007:
Quote:
For all users of the program, take a close look at the horse with the best first-last sprint figure in the pace report. yesterday at delmar queen mariles $30, last week at delmar holding her ground $54. including these in pick 3/4/6 produce bonanzas.
The demo version of the software, without any advanced features and the computer picks in the default mode came up with the attached race.
This race was posted before the fact on my web page. There were 3 or 4 more notable payoffs on the same day and from the same track.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf r6.pdf (199.4 KB, 236 views)

Last edited by Partsnut; 08-05-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #14
redeye007
Bet small...win BIG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut
redeye007:

The demo version of the software, without any advanced features and the computer picks in the default mode came up with the attached race.
This race was posted before the fact on my web page. There were 3 or 4 more notable payoffs on the same day and from the same track.
That was a sweet payoff
Old 08-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #15
lsosa54

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye007
That was a sweet payoff
Folks, that particular race had 8 first time starters and 2 horses who had run. Volcker had I think 2 available pace lines and Seattle had 1. I think just about any program would have those two on top unless they had some algorithm to rate first timers.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply