Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-20-2018, 01:51 PM   #571
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
I can guarantee that people knew and know it is against US LAW to enter the US illegally and by doing so face the full weight of the US if caught. That is not a secret. And with social media and all... the word that catch and release was no longer the case... they still took a chance knowing the risk.

You want Trump to change the Law but that falls on Congress
I just want someone to change it. Don't really care who.

Point was it's not much of a deterrent if it wasn't clear before the fact. A deterrent would be saying, "if you attempt to enter illegally we're gonna take your ****ing kids from you."

Now. Yes it's known.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #572
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
OK, so now we have evidence "some" children were separated under Obama.
The details spelled out here... there's no comparison to the Trump policy:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...milies-n884856
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 02:16 PM   #573
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I just want someone to change it. Don't really care who.

Point was it's not much of a deterrent if it wasn't clear before the fact. A deterrent would be saying, "if you attempt to enter illegally we're gonna take your ****ing kids from you."

Now. Yes it's known.
Their legal advisors can't read the law. The law does stipulate that.

If somewhere in the body of the law it said that the U.S. will be planting land mines all along the U.S.-Mexican border, and someone ignored this deterrent in the law, it would be the fault of the law if the guy who got his leg and arm blown off? Or he lost his life?
Old 06-20-2018, 02:24 PM   #574
chrisl

Quote:
Wasn't trying to make a point.

Agreed
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #575
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Their legal advisors can't read the law. The law does stipulate that.

If somewhere in the body of the law it said that the U.S. will be planting land mines all along the U.S.-Mexican border, and someone ignored this deterrent in the law, it would be the fault of the law if the guy who got his leg and arm blown off? Or he lost his life?
Did you put a sign up?

Our many conversations in the past have demonstrated you have no idea how a policy of deterrence is supposed to work.

You should watch Dr. Strangelove

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-20-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:33 PM   #576
lamboguy

you know something, i don't think its a nice thing the way this situation is being handled. however Trump is putting on a show now that might be scaring away others from taking shots at us, like the Isis and the Al Qaeda. he might be hipping the other countries up that he is not fooling around. they may think he's nuts, and might think he's nuts enough to go after them if they don't stay in line.

this president is like no other, he doesn't care what others think of him or if the polls sway against him. he is out to do it his own way without waffling. i really don't know how anyone doesn't respect and like the way he handles himself.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 02:34 PM   #577
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/homeland-...?.tsrc=fauxdal

Excerpt:

President Donald Trump said he would be signing an executive order later Wednesday that would end the process of separating children from families after they are detained crossing the U.S. border illegally.

"We want to keep families together. It's very important," Trump told reporters during a White House meeting with members of Congress. "I'll be signing something in a little while that's going to do that."
There you go...

I'm sure Boxcar will have a YUGE problem with this.

You know rule of law, being a scofflaw, and all of that other nonsense.

I await his criticism of the President in 3, 2, ....
Old 06-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #578
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

this president is like no other, he doesn't care what others think of him or if the polls sway against him. he is out to do it his own way without waffling...
He's about to bestow upon us yet another Executive Order to reverse course and keep these families together.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 02:53 PM   #579
boxcar

Quote:
There you go...

I'm sure Boxcar will have a YUGE problem with this.

You know rule of law, being a scofflaw, and all of that other nonsense.

I await his criticism of the President in 3, 2, ....
Where were you when I soundly criticized Trump when he signed the spending bill? Selectively poor memory? Not only did I publicly criticize him, but I wrote to him personally to voice my displeasure and why. Did you ever do that with Obama? Clinton?
Old 06-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #580
biggestal99

and Trump folds like a cheap tent.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ion/index.html

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #581
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
you know something, i don't think its a nice thing the way this situation is being handled. however Trump is putting on a show now that might be scaring away others from taking shots at us, like the Isis and the Al Qaeda. he might be hipping the other countries up that he is not fooling around. they may think he's nuts, and might think he's nuts enough to go after them if they don't stay in line.

this president is like no other, he doesn't care what others think of him or if the polls sway against him. he is out to do it his own way without waffling. i really don't know how anyone doesn't respect and like the way he handles himself.
and yet he folded on this issue.

didnt like the optics of children crying.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #582
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
and Trump folds like a cheap tent.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ion/index.html

Allan
Are you paying ET!? So instead of a bleeding heart like 99 here thanking Trump for coming around to see the Dems' point of view and thanking him on behalf of all the poor kiddies, he likens Trump to a "cheap tent". This is precisely what I was getting out in my post about how the Dems set Trump up to be in a Catch-22 situation. If Trump doesn't budge, he's a horrible human being. And if Trump does acquiesce, he's still a horrible human being.

I know how libs' pea brains work better than they do -- and this applies especially to you.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #583
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Well POTUS has just taken a potential landmine away from the Dumbassocrats platform. They are going to explode if he keeps doing this to them, lol.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #584
mostpost

Did Trump do this because he suddenly acquired a soul? No, he did it because someone told him how bad the optics were. Problem for him is the majority of Americans know why he signed that order.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:39 PM   #585
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Did Trump do this because he suddenly acquired a soul? No, he did it because someone told him how bad the optics were. Problem for him is the majority of Americans know why he signed that order.
Mostie,

He did it to fix your brother's f-up
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: