Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #31
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I wish him well and wonder why he is at Mayo rather than VA.
Cause CAREER Politicians have different set of standards than you or I...plain and simple...

If he retired instantly...would wish him well and a quick full speedy recovery...but alas...

like ALL politicians on BOTH sides of THE aisle...should BE term limits...
Old 07-21-2017, 04:52 PM   #32
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I know from first hand experience that you can do only what aggressive cancers want you to do and not the other way around. They are extremely tough to beat. I was told by an oncologist that for every cubic centimeter of tumor in your body, you can multiply that by 100M cancer cells and that is how many cancer cells are in tumors. She then added that the same amount as was in tumors was also floating freely in your body ready to take root somewhere else. So McCain may have a few hundred million aggressive-type cancer cells running through his body. Only chemo and like treatments can rid the body of those floaters. Cancer is insidious for this reason. It is hard to fight something that large because even if chemo kills 99%, that 1% will find you eventually.

Exceptions occur of course which is why we fight, but aggressive versions of cancer are very difficult because they resist chemo to a larger degree and want to take root faster.
I appreciate you sharing this information with me and I have no reason to doubt any of it. You seem to be well-informed on the subject. The real reason I posted was to give some props to McCain. He likely will need a miracle.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2017, 07:23 AM   #33
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
The country wants to hear from Senator McCain personally, after that we can express thoughts. The Senator as usual will be plain spoken laying out his intentions, everyone here will support him how they can once they hear him.
So the country has now done that, soon the Senator will deal with his next battle. We will thank him for his service, and the country will move on.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2017, 07:27 AM   #34
tucker6

Quote:
So the country has now done that, soon the Senator will deal with his next battle. We will thank him for his service, and the country will move on.
On a strictly political basis, I say good riddance to John. He's part of the problem in DC. He says one thing and does another. No different than a democrat.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2017, 08:37 AM   #35
chadk66

he had far outlived his time in D.C. He is the poster child for term limits. Maybe they can call it the John McCain term limits bill
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 12:59 AM   #36
davew

I saw headline - Trump not welcome at McCain funeral ... and I think finally. But no, just a dying senile man making requests.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 01:36 AM   #37
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I saw headline - Trump not welcome at McCain funeral ... and I think finally. But no, just a dying senile man making requests.
He was once a maverick, I would guess his brain has been affected a very long time. Now he is acting like Hillary saying that he realizes Sarah Palin was a mistake, guess what Senator much of the country did not like you and is the real reason why you lost.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 02:02 AM   #38
NJ Stinks

Quote:
He was once a maverick, I would guess his brain has been affected a very long time. Now he is acting like Hillary saying that he realizes Sarah Palin was a mistake, guess what Senator much of the country did not like you and is the real reason why you lost.
He lost because he ran against Barack Obama.

If you really want to get real about it.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:24 AM   #39
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post

Well if you really want to get real about it, the GOP nominated a guy who couldn't nail down the GOP base. Obama was a weak candidate with no business and very little govt experience. Believe me, that lack of experience showed up repeatedly for 8 years.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yeah, but he was a helluva thinker...
Old 05-07-2018, 11:31 AM   #41
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And won the Nobel peace prize, Alfred Nobel famed inventor of, dynamite.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #42
upthecreek

I heard on news this am, if he lives through the month, his wife gets the seat, of he dies before the end of the month, special election Anyone confirm?
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 01:25 PM   #43
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
I heard on news this am, if he lives through the month, his wife gets the seat, of he dies before the end of the month, special election Anyone confirm?
That has to be untrue. All appointments in all states are made by the governor at the national level. The governor could certainly appoint the wife, but he/she doesn't have to do so.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #44
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post

Very, very true Stinks... McCain, a failed politician his entire career, lost to a political novice and an intellectual lightweight in Barack Obama.

And, as we all know, McCain proved to be an even bigger dum-dum than Obama, despite all those years in Washington ... or because of it.

McCain also showed his lack of class when he threw Sarah Palin under the bus again the other day, blaming her for his defeat. He was down in the polls when he picked Sarah and her selection pushed McCain up in the polls. He trialed balooned Joe Liberman and that didn't go well so he picked a conservative. She helped McCain's chances if he had any, not hurt them.

All this said, the VP choice is never, ever the reason a person votes for President. We vote for the President, and no one else. McCain was rejected because Democrats hate Republicans and conservatives hate phonies like McCain.

And that's another reason why McCain virulently hates Trump -- he couldn't believe Trump would win and when Trump did win the failed McCain got angrier and angrier to this day.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2018, 08:26 AM   #45
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
and passed Obamacare (aka ACA) which the last time I looked (like yesterday) is STILL the law of the land.

Until that gets repealed (dont hold your breath) his legacy will be sealed.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: