Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #1261
pele polo

Casse ships into Mahoning Valley and wins a 200k stake by an easy 3 lengths.

Home field advantage on the objection? Leading trainer Radosevich and jockey Luis Colon get bumped up and what looked like an easy no call.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:20 PM   #1262
arw629
First Time Gelding

I live in the area and I'm a big fan of Ohio racing ...i was on track last year for this day and wanted to make it there today but work didn't permit me...i was thinking of placing a bet early on awesome banner but figured he'd be odds on and didn't want short odds on a horse who hasn't raced outside of Florida ..anyway I just got off work and saw the results and was stunned to see Mo Don't No on top and a fat 4.00 to place on awesome banner to place....just watched the replay and the objection and I just can't believe they took that horse down...I'm a big fan of Ohio racing but that paints a bad image right there in their biggest race of the year to boot....sympathies out to the connections and bettors of Awesome Banner who was much the best and should have never come down...I saw on Mahoning ' s website a few months ago they were looking to hire a steward..
Not sure if they hired someone new or not for the team but come on that was awful

Last edited by arw629; 11-21-2016 at 05:22 PM.
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2016, 05:23 PM   #1263
arw629
First Time Gelding

Also I am glad I didn't bet bc that would have been a hard one to get over at 3-1...i mean how did this horse go off at 3-1? I understand why the 5 and 7 took money but Awesome Banner looked every bit the horse on paper to beat in this race
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2016, 06:18 PM   #1264
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629
I live in the area and I'm a big fan of Ohio racing ...i was on track last year for this day and wanted to make it there today but work didn't permit me...i was thinking of placing a bet early on awesome banner but figured he'd be odds on and didn't want short odds on a horse who hasn't raced outside of Florida ..anyway I just got off work and saw the results and was stunned to see Mo Don't No on top and a fat 4.00 to place on awesome banner to place....just watched the replay and the objection and I just can't believe they took that horse down...I'm a big fan of Ohio racing but that paints a bad image right there in their biggest race of the year to boot....sympathies out to the connections and bettors of Awesome Banner who was much the best and should have never come down...I saw on Mahoning ' s website a few months ago they were looking to hire a steward..
Not sure if they hired someone new or not for the team but come on that was awful
That was a terrible DQ. Just watched it multiple times. Was it a minor irrelevant foul? Yes. Ridiculous to take that horse down, 2nd horse was never winning. No one cost a placing.

Repulsive.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2016, 06:53 PM   #1265
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629
Also I am glad I didn't bet bc that would have been a hard one to get over at 3-1...i mean how did this horse go off at 3-1? I understand why the 5 and 7 took money but Awesome Banner looked every bit the horse on paper to beat in this race
You got 3-1 because big money knew the fix was in.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2016, 07:04 PM   #1266
FakeNameChanged

Mo Dont No

I actually picked Mo on NorCalGreg's Spot plays thread and said to myself after watching race, No Way he's going Up.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2016, 07:04 PM   #1267
ultracapper

If this poster in another thread was talking about the same horse, the ultimate winner was 10/1 ML and opened at 6/5. Is that right? Paid $13.80. Same horse?

What a rig.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2016, 07:19 PM   #1268
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
If this poster in another thread was talking about the same horse, the ultimate winner was 10/1 ML and opened at 6/5. Is that right? Paid $13.80. Same horse?

What a rig.
That was me who posted that. I saw race live and said, well I'll settle for 2nd, and went outside with grandson to ride his bike. Had to watch replay later. I've had these go against me many times.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:56 PM   #1269
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
That was a terrible DQ. Just watched it multiple times. Was it a minor irrelevant foul? Yes. Ridiculous to take that horse down, 2nd horse was never winning. No one cost a placing.

Repulsive.
These bush league tracks sure seem to discourage out of town shippers from taking the money with them. Seen it many times in the past and only worse with bush league racinos.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2016, 10:03 PM   #1270
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
These bush league tracks sure seem to discourage out of town shippers from taking the money with them. Seen it many times in the past and only worse with bush league racinos.
I agree. Happened at NYRA once as well. I'll never forget. I had a Michael Gill trained horse about to win, when his foe's jock, trained by Richie Dutrow, hit my horse in the face with the whip.

My horse's head went straight up in the air and he lost his action 70-100 yards out. No doubt the whip hit his face and cost him the race.

Jockey's objection and inquiry went up. No brainer.......

Stewards said because the race went off near 4:30 and darkness had ensued, it was too hard to definitively tell if there was an infraction.

Gill was screwed.

So was I, out of a massive pick 4.

But I agree, it seems more likely at a bush league slot track.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2016, 11:08 PM   #1271
rrpic6

Many accused the Stewards at Santa Anita of the same thing when they didn't DQ Bayern in the 2014 B C Classic. Since it was Baffert's horse, they wouldn't take it down, since he's the Hometown Big Man. No proof of Stewards playing favorites then or today.

The head-on view clearly shows Awesome Banner lugging to the right at least 3 paths after left hand whipping by Tyler Gaffalione. Since he was not yet clear of Mo Dont No and Luis Colon, the Stewards were within their rights to declare interference. Most likely Mo Dont No wasn't fast enough to go by Awesome Banner but certainly had his momentum impeded. The Stewards in Ohio as in California or any other State, have no agenda when making calls. To think otherwise is foolish.

RR
Old 11-21-2016, 11:57 PM   #1272
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

They are humans. Even if they don't know they are biased to local runners in the biggest race of the year, they probably are. No reasonable person could really believe that impacted the order of finish unless they wanted to believe it...IMO of course.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2016, 06:31 PM   #1273
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
You got 3-1 because big money knew the fix was in.
This post is why we can't have nice things.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2016, 03:30 PM   #1274
SG4

Laurel's 7th today, eventual winner bulls his way out with a bump against the eventual runner up, and pushes him a little more during the stretch run too. Runner-up loses by the slightest of noses, thought it was an automatic DQ but they left the winner up. To make it even worse, they show the win photo & I don't see the winners' nose in front. A reverse angle/close up would've been nice on the simulcast, but I didn't see one.

I had no financial interest in this race whatsoever, but definitely won't be counting on anything with these officials going forward.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2016, 07:19 AM   #1275
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4
Laurel's 7th today, eventual winner bulls his way out with a bump against the eventual runner up, and pushes him a little more during the stretch run too. Runner-up loses by the slightest of noses, thought it was an automatic DQ but they left the winner up. To make it even worse, they show the win photo & I don't see the winners' nose in front. A reverse angle/close up would've been nice on the simulcast, but I didn't see one.

I had no financial interest in this race whatsoever, but definitely won't be counting on anything with these officials going forward.
I had the bumpee, #7. I've had three DQ's go my way in the last couple weeks and said, well I'm due to lose one of these.