Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-27-2020, 10:24 AM   #1
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops

"WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.

The intelligence finding was briefed to President Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, the officials said. Officials developed a menu of potential options … but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said."

And Trump still wants to invite Putin back into the G7(G8).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/u...-bounties.html

Let me predict the reflexive response on the part of Trump supporters: 1) fake news/MSM; 2) more Russia obsession and 3) (my favorite) it's Deep State intel and we can't trust it (odd, you trusted the Deep State FBI when they debunked the noose story...hypocrisy?).

If the story is completely fabricated, the rest of the media, including the British media (see article on this point) will tear it apart.

Imagine if Obama received such information and did nothing?!
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 10:39 AM   #2
Ocala Mike

Mike, you left out reflexive response #4 - "Who cares, we've got the court and the economy."
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 11:10 AM   #3
GMB@BP

I hope they just targeted the white racist troops.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 11:14 AM   #4
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
A couple of folks on here actually admire Putin (AKA The St. Petersburg Godfather).Not namin' names; they know who they are.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #5
highernote

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Money talks -- whether it's bribing a local politician or hiring mercenaries.

The U.S. probably paid Afghans to kill Russians when Russia was fighting Afghanistan. I'd be more surprised if the U.S. didn't pay!
highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #6
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I hope they just targeted the white racist troops.
There's a higher percentage of black Americans on active military service (18% of military vs. 13% of poulation).Non-Hispanic whites are under-represented in the service to our country in proportion to their numbers.

But all people want to talk about is how many crimes and murders black people commit,

Old 06-27-2020, 11:40 AM   #7
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
There's a higher percentage of black Americans on active military service (18% of military vs. 13% of poulation).Non-Hispanic whites are under-represented in the service to our country in proportion to their numbers.

But all people want to talk about is how many crimes and murders black people commit,
What you posted is not true:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-military/

Also, non Hispanic whites are overrepresented in ultra combat units like Blue Seals, Green Berets.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rets/31122851/

Black officers and enlisted troops are scarce in some special operations units in highest demand, according to data provided by the Pentagon to USA TODAY. For instance, eight of 753 SEAL officers are black, or 1%.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #8
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post

Also, non Hispanic whites are overrepresented in ultra combat units like Blue Seals, Green Berets.

Black officers and enlisted troops are scarce in some special operations units in highest demand, according to data provided by the Pentagon to USA TODAY. For instance, eight of 753 SEAL officers are black, or 1%.
Your links must be right wing white supremacist propaganda.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:48 AM   #9
lamboguy

whatever Trump does,says, or puts his hands on is always filled with plenty of controversy/ some of it is done by design to get publicity. he is a master of distraction.

there are so many stories about the Russians and Maralago out there, you would need to write a book about.

i know the one with the Russian money launderer that bought a portion of the parcel of land that Trump owned to threaten the Post family to sell him Maralago. he threatened to block the ocean view by building tall buildings.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #10
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Your links must be right wing white supremacist propaganda.
LOL, here's another one that shows White Deaths in Operation Enduring Freedom were disproportionate.

https://dcas.dmdc.osd.mil/dcas/pages...f_deaths.xhtml
Old 06-27-2020, 11:58 AM   #11
GMB@BP

Quote:
LOL, here's another one that shows White Deaths in Operation Enduring Freedom were disproportionate.

https://dcas.dmdc.osd.mil/dcas/pages...f_deaths.xhtml
I am humbled to any of those soldiers who gave their life to this Country. Its sad where we are today with a large segment of the Country that wants to dismantle the USA.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:42 PM   #12
barahona44

Quote:

Do you know how to read the statistical table. listed in your first link? Which is also the one I used.

Black people are 13.3 of the population.Unless the U.S. Census Bureau is lying.

% of men in the U.S. military that are black? 16.8 %. A difference of 3.5 points in over-representation.

% of women in the U.S. military that are black? 29.2% -A difference of 15.9 percentage points.Again an over-representation.

Now since the military is predominantly male, (over 80%), I did a rough estimate of 18%.But working the numbers, that percentage is a little over 19%.I guess you're right about my untrue post as I UNDERESTIMATED the number of black people serving our country.

Feel free to continue posting about important things like Bubba Wallace.Knock yourself out.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #13
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Do you know how to read the statistical table. listed in your first link? Which is also the one I used.

Black people are 13.3 of the population.Unless the U.S. Census Bureau is lying.

% of men in the U.S. military that are black? 16.8 %. A difference of 3.5 points in over-representation.

% of women in the U.S. military that are black? 29.2% -A difference of 15.9 percentage points.Again an over-representation.

Now since the military is predominantly male, (over 80%), I did a rough estimate of 18%.But working the numbers, that percentage is a little over 19%.I guess you're right about my untrue post as I UNDERESTIMATED the number of black people serving our country.

Feel free to continue posting about important things like Bubba Wallace.Knock yourself out.
Says 68.8% are white males while white population is 60%. So overrepresented. You obnoxiously, stupidly wrote:
Non-Hispanic whites are under-represented in the service to our country in proportion to their numbers.

And you are smart to not touch my other stats regarding ultra combat and deaths.
Old 06-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

Get out your percentages for that? Funny you left those crime numbers out.

If you’re an underprivileged kid living in a terrible neighborhood you would be smart to join the military. It’s obvious why the numbers are what they are, but conflating the two things is just silly, especially to try and draw a positive light on one or the other. Stop being a dick.
Old 06-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #15
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Stop being a dick.
Very classy.