Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-28-2020, 05:08 PM   #16
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

And he has been retired...
Old 05-28-2020, 06:48 PM   #17
TMQ
Longacres transplant

And they will send him to stud. Just what we need in the breeding shed, a horse that lasted 4 races then broke his leg.
TMQ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2020, 07:46 PM   #18
burnsy
self medicated

https://www.drf.com/news/top-kentuck...es-leg-retires

Retired . Derby thinning out so is the Belmont
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2020, 10:48 PM   #19
Blenheim
Race Player

Thanks for the joy . . .

Tough game.

I liked everything about this colt and was looking forward to watching him run in the Belmont Stakes. He’s been working straight through without a break and was going into the Belmont lookin’ for his fifth straight win . . . I was particularly interested in watching him go against the percentages holding only the best of the best can win more than 4 straight without cycling down. Looks like all that hard work w/o a break was too much for the fragile bones of this speedy swifty.

It was an absolute pleasure watching him run and witnessing the speed, tenacity and true grit he displayed in the Rebel Stakes and Arkansas Derby. I can still see him diggin' down deep stretch to outlast longshot Excession in the Rebel . . . can't forget that one, twas pure joy.

Nice that he didn’t lose his life entertaining horse racing fans.

Now he can go back to being a horse.

I wish him well.

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2020, 03:54 AM   #20
HHE10
BANNED

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.co...158uoyY6xLT6GY
HHE10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2020, 10:40 AM   #21
Hoops McCann

how quickly things change. Baffert was talking about sending Charlatan to the Woody Stephens saying he didn't really want to run both in the Belmont. i suspect the real reason was that he's thinking Charlatan's test comes back positive which would keep him form running in the Belmont??? now will have any runners in the Belmont?
Hoops McCann is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #22
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
Tough game.

I liked everything about this colt and was looking forward to watching him run in the Belmont Stakes.
A one turn Belmont would have been perfect for him too. He was the one Baffert I felt could be dangerous in Kentucky, assuming he didn't need some special oats like Charlatan.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2020, 11:14 AM   #23
classhandicapper

I found it interesting that before Nadal went down, Baffert was considering running Charlatan in the sprint on the same day. That kind of supports my view that of the 3, Charlatan may be more of a miler with enough talent to beat most fields going longer, but not enough to win a Classic distance race against top competition. I'm totally bummed by the Nadal injury. He hadn't run a really fast race yet, but it seemed like he had a bottomless pit of reserve energy. I was really looking forward to seeing if he was going break out big under the right conditions. Now I'll ever know.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:18 PM   #24
Blenheim
Race Player

Will Charlatan be next . . .

The adaptation of bone to training is different than most tissues because it trains to the level of work rather than the volume. Bone requires only a limited number of loads in a specific exercise period to stimulate its response. Experimentally, this has been determined to be approximately 36 similar cyclic loads. Two thousand similar loads were no better than the first 36 loads at producing hypertrophy of the bone. In fact, in an exercise period of more than 36 similar cycles, the excess cycles become destructive, adding excess damage that can then begin to accumulate overwhelming the bone’s ability to repair the damage. The end result of this can be destruction of the bone rather than hypertrophy and eventually injury in the form of a stress fracture. Soft tissues such as the heart and muscles require a volume of work to train. The “interval training” of these tissues to increase the volume of work at a higher level revolutionized the training of people, but, when tried in the Thoroughbred racehorse, the skeleton could not withstand the volume of work.

The most damaging force to bone is monotonous, repetitive training: after a finite number of cycles necessary to stimulate strengthening of the bone, the remaining cycles become trauma, contributing to the stress fracture creation.

Response of Bone Necessitated by HIgh-Speed Exercise
Larry R. Bramlage, DVM, MS

PDF Autodownload
https://aaep.org/sites/default/files...ngBramlage.pdf

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply