Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-15-2020, 08:27 PM   #31
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Did he flunk out on Medical Protective Gear 101 in first year med?

I don't know , you'd have to ask him.

Always looking for a fight, always looking for a fight.

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 05-15-2020 at 08:29 PM.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 09:21 PM   #32
Ocala Mike

It fogs up my glasses!
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 12:05 AM   #33
cratman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I see the point to my post completely alluded you. No doubt it was way above your IQ level?

Here you are a layman questioning a professional just because his field of medical expertise (of which you have none) differs from some other medical expert's field.

The issue of surgical/masks, their function, their purpose, efficacy, etc., I have to think, is rather elementary and taught in Medicine 101.

You should use a dictionary.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:58 AM   #34
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratman View Post
Do you suppose that his "IQ" might be a tad lower than he imagines it to be?
Old 05-16-2020, 03:22 AM   #35
Seabiscuit@AR

Asian countries are the big mask wearing countries. Their official death rates per million people are about 100 times lower than several developed Western countries

South Korea make 10 million masks per day. Their official death rate is 5 people per million

Taiwan make almost 16 million masks per day (they ramped up mask manufacture from 2 million per day in response to this virus). Their official death rate is 0.30 people per million

Contrast this with USA 268 deaths per million, UK 501 deaths per million, Italy 523 deaths per million, Spain 587 deaths per million, France 422 deaths per million

Maybe Asian countries are not counting their virus deaths correctly. Maybe South Korea and Taiwan making millions of masks per day is superstitious nonsense. But there is a chance that mask wearing is part of the reason for their low reported death rates

Masks cannot protect you 100% from this virus. But it is logical that they can reduce the dosage of virus you intake. And there is logic to the theory that the lower your dosage the less likely you are to die from this virus
Seabiscuit@AR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 06:11 AM   #36
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So how does a layman, like hcap and Al99 have the "expertise" to identify the "experts" that THEY qoute and call us morons for picking others?
1)-Read the peer review literature?

Talking spreads coronavirus — and likely plays a part in its contagiousness.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sp...ion-2020-05-14
That’s the conclusion of a new study released Thursday published in the peer-reviewed Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the official journal of the National Academy of Sciences. “These observations confirm that there is a substantial probability that normal speaking causes airborne virus transmission in confined environments,” the study concludes.

2)-Knowing who are the experts ain't that hard to do

3)-Report who are the crackpots you pandemic deniers are quoting and identify conspiracy theories, obviously contrary to what anyone with common sense would understand are indeed conspiracy theories3

Coronavirus conspiracy theories about mind control chips, Bill Gates and face masks fuel lockdown protests in Germany
What Is “Plandemic,” the Latest Anti-Vaxxer Conspiracy Theory?
This loony coronavirus conspiracy theory posits that the virus is activated” by face masks and hand-washing, all masterminded by Bill Gates.
https://www.gq.com/story/plandemic-a...spiracy-theory

Last edited by hcap; 05-16-2020 at 06:14 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 07:03 AM   #37
hcap

Viral ‘Plandemic’ clip pushes wild claims about coronavirus, masks and vaccines
https://globalnews.ca/news/6928827/c...judy-mikovits/

Wearing a face mask does not activate a secret, vaccine-delivered form of the coronavirus in your system, regardless of what one disgraced scientist says on social media. And no, there is no evidence that Bill Gates is orchestrating it all to make himself even richer.

Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube and Twitter are taking steps to slow the spread of Plandemic, a viral video clip in which Dr. Judy Mikovits pushes a wild collection of baseless and potentially harmful conspiracy theories about the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Mikovits is a discredited scientist with a history of promoting falsehoods around vaccines.

The video is largely based on interviews with Mikovits, a discredited scientist who once co-authored a paper linking chronic fatigue syndrome to a virus in rats. That paper hit like a bombshell in 2009, but the prestigious Science journal retracted it in 2011 after discovering that others could not reproduce the same findings and that Mikovits’ work was based on contaminated DNA samples. There is still no known cause of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:37 AM   #38
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Do you suppose that his "IQ" might be a tad lower than he imagines it to be?
If so, it would still make it higher than yours in all likelihood.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #39
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratman View Post
Nah...I should just type slower. I'm a fast typist...sometimes too fast.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:40 AM   #40
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
I don't know , you'd have to ask him.
Oh...I thought you had the goods on this guy.

Quote:
Always looking for a fight, always looking for a fight.
Have a nice day.

P.S. Love, Peace and Apple Pie to ya, too.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:42 AM   #41
Ocala Mike

Boxcar, proofread everything. Remember Matthew 12:36 -

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 11:20 AM   #42
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Boxcar, proofread everything. Remember Matthew 12:36 -

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,
Is today National Hypocrites Day or something?
Old 05-16-2020, 11:50 AM   #43
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Viral ‘Plandemic’ clip pushes wild claims about coronavirus, masks and vaccines
https://globalnews.ca/news/6928827/c...judy-mikovits/

Wearing a face mask does not activate a secret, vaccine-delivered form of the coronavirus in your system, regardless of what one disgraced scientist says on social media. And no, there is no evidence that Bill Gates is orchestrating it all to make himself even richer.

Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube and Twitter are taking steps to slow the spread of Plandemic, a viral video clip in which Dr. Judy Mikovits pushes a wild collection of baseless and potentially harmful conspiracy theories about the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Mikovits is a discredited scientist with a history of promoting falsehoods around vaccines.

The video is largely based on interviews with Mikovits, a discredited scientist who once co-authored a paper linking chronic fatigue syndrome to a virus in rats. That paper hit like a bombshell in 2009, but the prestigious Science journal retracted it in 2011 after discovering that others could not reproduce the same findings and that Mikovits’ work was based on contaminated DNA samples. There is still no known cause of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Wow. I actually watched the video in question...and while I am not endorsing it or even put much stock in anything she says, what you wrote above and the piece you linked to take HUGE LIBERTIES with what was actually said by her compared to what is written what she said.

She didn't say anything about a mask activating a secret, vaccine-delivered form of the coronavirus. Where the **** did you get that from?

This is what we all mean by FAKE NEWS. What you wrote is much FAKER than what she said in the video.

Why are you so afraid of this woman that you have to make things up about what she said? If she's so nuts, wouldn't just quoting her directly be enough?
Old 05-16-2020, 12:51 PM   #44
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wow. I actually watched the video in question...and while I am not endorsing it or even put much stock in anything she says, what you wrote above and the piece you linked to take HUGE LIBERTIES with what was actually said by her compared to what is written what she said.

She didn't say anything about a mask activating a secret, vaccine-delivered form of the coronavirus. Where the **** did you get that from?

This is what we all mean by FAKE NEWS. What you wrote is much FAKER than what she said in the video.

Why are you so afraid of this woman that you have to make things up about what she said? If she's so nuts, wouldn't just quoting her directly be enough?
"FAKER" in my book = LIAR!

Hcap is the sad sap "gift" that keeps on giving even though many of us don't want it.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #45
classhandicapper

I hate wearing a mask. That goes double because I wear glasses that sometimes fog up. But you'll never see me in a store without one. If I had to make a line on it, I'd say the chances that masks help are about equal to Secretariat on his best day going 12F at Finger Lakes (no offense Tom). As long as you don't reuse dirty ones over and over or handle them with dirty hands, even a mediocre one is going to reduce the droplets being expelled from coughing, sneezing or even speaking. If you and the other people near you are also wearing masks, the benefit compounds. Even 25%50% effectiveness for each mask compounds to a lot fewer infections.