Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #91
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Besides the obvious, now you know why I chose to challenge RFTR instead of BigAl or The NY Times.
Oh yeah, back to the obvious....there is a video of two white people who are not law enforcement officers shooting and killing a black man. RFTR asserted that he stole something. Got any video of that pal?
So...which allegation do you think is more plausible?
A) racism was at the root of this killing, or...
B) he definitely stole something so this shooting was legal
I can't say with certainty that this shooting was racially motivated...but I wouldn't go jogging in Georgia, even when TANNED!
Old 05-07-2020, 05:38 PM   #92
Fred Mertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I can't say with certainty that this shooting was racially motivated...but I wouldn't go jogging in Georgia, even when TANNED!
I jogged in Georgia. After day one I learned to run with a stick in hand to keep the dogs at bay.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2020, 07:42 PM   #93
xtb

Something you cannot tell from the video, and I think is very important, is if the son was pointing the shotgun at the victim as he came around the pickup truck. The victim made a hard left towards the son as he came around the pickup, as if he planned it as he ran alongside the truck. If he was pointing the shotgun at the victim before he was charged, you would think he would have fired at that point, especially if the victim truly was being "Chased and shot down like a dog."

If someone is standing in the road with a shotgun and not pointing it at you, do you have a right to charge them and wrestle the gun away? If a father sees his son in imminent danger for whatever reason, I would think most would shoot to protect him out of instinct.

If the son was pointing the shotgun at the victim as he rounded the truck then sure, he absolutely should be charged with something and the victim had a right to attempt to defend himself.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2020, 08:56 PM   #94
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You started the thread for nothing but race-baiting.
Fact.
It's a national, and international, news story.
You just don't happen to like the topic.
Fact.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2020, 09:02 PM   #95
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post

I lived in Georgia for 5 years. One of my friends (she is white) took a black guy into restaurant/music venue/bar. They were promptly thrown out. This was in the late 70s early 80s when I guess interracial relationships were not common, nor accepted, in some parts of the country. This was a very small town in a rural area.

But, according to the owner, HE was not a racist, but he was protecting the couple from some of the patrons who,later on as drinking progressed, might hassle them. It was a private establishment so of course they could do what they wanted. I actually told my friend that the owner probably "knew" more about his clientelle than they did, and he probably really did do them a favor by kicking them out.

We went elsewhere into the next town (larger) and had a great night.

Last edited by clicknow; 05-07-2020 at 09:05 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2020, 09:48 PM   #96
xtb

I had a work acquaintance who lived in Georgia. He told me that if I drove through Georgia with New York plates, I would almost be guaranteed to get pulled over at some point for a "broken tail light" and directed to the nearest courthouse to pay a large fine. He said not near Atlanta but in the rural areas. He said "no lie, this stuff really happens." This was in the late '90's, don't know if it's true today.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2020, 10:17 PM   #97
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
I had a work acquaintance who lived in Georgia. He told me that if I drove through Georgia with New York plates, I would almost be guaranteed to get pulled over at some point for a "broken tail light" and directed to the nearest courthouse to pay a large fine. He said not near Atlanta but in the rural areas. He said "no lie, this stuff really happens." This was in the late '90's, don't know if it's true today.
I was pulled over in Georgia back in the 90's, too, while driving back home to CT in my Corvette, no less. The cop had good reason, as I was clocked doing about 80+ miles an hour traveling north on 95. I thought I was in for a hefty fine or worse, because Georgia did have a reputation, as you stated. He let me go with a verbal warning. True story.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2020, 10:28 PM   #98
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Is that what you would do if a young black guy armed with a shotgun wanted to talk to you (I assume you are white, forgive me if I am wrong) with another guy in the back of the pickup truck. And you have no gun.

You would stop and ask him what he wants?

Allan
yes, or just keep jogging

I would not charge the person and try to take their gun no matter what sex, age or color they were
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2020, 10:45 PM   #99
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Something you cannot tell from the video, and I think is very important, is if the son was pointing the shotgun at the victim as he came around the pickup truck. The victim made a hard left towards the son as he came around the pickup, as if he planned it as he ran alongside the truck. If he was pointing the shotgun at the victim before he was charged, you would think he would have fired at that point, especially if the victim truly was being "Chased and shot down like a dog."

If someone is standing in the road with a shotgun and not pointing it at you, do you have a right to charge them and wrestle the gun away? If a father sees his son in imminent danger for whatever reason, I would think most would shoot to protect him out of instinct.

If the son was pointing the shotgun at the victim as he rounded the truck then sure, he absolutely should be charged with something and the victim had a right to attempt to defend himself.
The law when this happened:

“Under current law, a person who pulls a gun on someone faces a felony aggravated assault charge, which carries up to 20 years in prison.”

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...KP99PueauFWdI/
Old 05-07-2020, 11:10 PM   #100
JustRalph
Just another Facist

They were arrested tonight

The video got them

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...dXn_UjFjYdKmw0
Old 05-08-2020, 01:07 AM   #101
mountainman

About 10 years ago my son and I were walking through the state park here on a road adjacent to the site of a civil war reenactment to be held later that day. As usual, Shane was clipping along well-ahead of me and characteristically oblivious to his surroundings.

TOO oblivious to notice that an early-bird "blue-belly" had him sighted in with a vintage rifle. But I noticed, and when I did, nothing in this world could have stopped me from kicking the guy's ass. I threw him down and got 3 or 4 hard shots in before his fellow "soldiers" pulled me off. And for good measure, I kicked in the door of a car several of them had been leaning against.

Malicious morons shouldn't play with guns. Even guns filled with blanks.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2020, 05:14 AM   #102
biggestal99

Quote:
Yeah wanting to bring people to justice for murdering someone is an outlandish request I know.

That’s quite an agenda.

Allan
And voila. The alleged murderers are charged with murder and arrested.

It’s a pretty simple agenda.

Justice.

Now bring them in front of a jury of their peers, find them guilty, throw them in jail, and throw away the key.

This is what Anger does to people.

Blinds them.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2020, 06:25 AM   #103
davew

Quote:
And voila. The alleged murderers are charged with murder and arrested.

It’s a pretty simple agenda.

Justice.

Now bring them in front of a jury of their peers, find them guilty, throw them in jail, and throw away the key.

This is what Anger does to people.

Blinds them.

Allan
it sounds like you have them convicted with the only evidence of what you saw on phone video clip
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2020, 09:38 AM   #104
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
it sounds like you have them convicted with the only evidence of what you saw on phone video clip
There is obvious probable cause on the video of murder hence they were arrested under that charge.

There will be a trial if they don’t pled out.

They can have their day in court if they want it.

If you were their attorney what would you recommend?

They observed no crime. Hence the citizens arrest shit is down the drain. They observed a black guy jogging down the street (911 call placed)

They have no leg to stand on.

Allan
Old 05-08-2020, 09:42 AM   #105
biggestal99

Quote:
There is obvious probable cause on the video of murder hence they were arrested under that charge.

There will be a trial if they don’t pled out.

They can have their day in court if they want it.

If you were their attorney what would you recommend?

They observed no crime. Hence the citizens arrest shit is down the drain. They observed a black guy jogging down the street (911 call placed)

They have no leg to stand on.

Allan
911 call:

Greg McMichael: “I’m out here at Satilla Shores and there’s a black man running down the street."

911 dispatcher: “I just need to know what he was doing wrong, was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?”

Greg McMichael: “And he’s been caught on the camera a bunch before at night. It’s an ongoing thing out here.”

They observed no crime taking place on the day of the killing.

Allan