Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:45 PM   #466
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Those numbers won't change until the debates

Or when Biden chickens out of the debates

Then the numbers turn upside down.
Biden will take the 'moral high ground' and due to the CV-19 will do it remotely from his basement (with a group of people behind the camera helping Joe with answers)
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 12:34 AM   #467
lamboguy

one has to think that a very poor series of debates is already baked into the line, maybe if they have about 3 more debates Trump will be able to make up the deficit.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 02:03 AM   #468
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

These debates are going to be absolute shit shows on both sides.

A wash.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:00 AM   #469
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Biden will take the 'moral high ground' and due to the CV-19 will do it remotely from his basement (with a group of people behind the camera helping Joe with answers)
At least then he would not have trump lurking behind him.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 03:41 AM   #470
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Clearly.
Yes, clearly.

I've never told anyone to vote for Biden, here or anywhere else.

I'm just not voting for Trump. Its really very simple, actually.

As for all this % points stuff: I watched Nixon, when he was resigning. And, walking out to the helicopter that would take him away, he still had something like a 31% approval rating. It took Republicans a long time to disavow Nixon, despite that a whole pattern of corruption had kept unfolding.

And, even after the "smoking gun tape", when there was no longer any question about him being a crook..... that 31-ish% still didn't think he should be removed from office. Party loyalty.

That is PRECISELY how and when I became non-partisan.

Of course, I was a young girl then, and didn't know much about politics, or how over the years, I would learn that it would always be just a "matter of degree" because so many of the persons we are supposed to look up to don't deserve our admiration, and how increasingly hard it would become to figure out those "degrees". And I also realized that non partisan would have to include some years when I would just have to do a "write in". Because I have never missed voting, I want to be counted. By not voting, I won't be.

This is looking like a write in year.

Today of course, young people have seen a lot go by, so they probably aren't as clueless as I was back then, but I think it is always interesting to ask people when they lost whatever tiny shred of idealism (in politics, not life in general) they had.

Last edited by clicknow; 07-02-2020 at 03:47 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 06:52 AM   #471
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Yes, clearly.

I've never told anyone to vote for Biden, here or anywhere else.

I'm just not voting for Trump. Its really very simple, actually.

As for all this % points stuff: I watched Nixon, when he was resigning. And, walking out to the helicopter that would take him away, he still had something like a 31% approval rating. It took Republicans a long time to disavow Nixon, despite that a whole pattern of corruption had kept unfolding.

And, even after the "smoking gun tape", when there was no longer any question about him being a crook..... that 31-ish% still didn't think he should be removed from office. Party loyalty.

That is PRECISELY how and when I became non-partisan.

Of course, I was a young girl then, and didn't know much about politics, or how over the years, I would learn that it would always be just a "matter of degree" because so many of the persons we are supposed to look up to don't deserve our admiration, and how increasingly hard it would become to figure out those "degrees". And I also realized that non partisan would have to include some years when I would just have to do a "write in". Because I have never missed voting, I want to be counted. By not voting, I won't be.

This is looking like a write in year.

Today of course, young people have seen a lot go by, so they probably aren't as clueless as I was back then, but I think it is always interesting to ask people when they lost whatever tiny shred of idealism (in politics, not life in general) they had.
SSSoooooooo....got a good write-in candidate....I'm damn sure not voting for either one of these two....

By the way...for any of ya'll that do...(vote for the either of the two corrupt guys)....you'll actually be voting for THE V.P.....cause NEITHER one will be Prez. in 2021....
Old 07-02-2020, 08:58 AM   #472
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
SSSoooooooo....got a good write-in candidate....I'm damn sure not voting for either one of these two....

By the way...for any of ya'll that do...(vote for the either of the two corrupt guys)....you'll actually be voting for THE V.P.....cause NEITHER one will be Prez. in 2021....
Who was the last Prez who was actually Prez? Serious question.

Eisenhower?

Or do we go back further...
Old 07-02-2020, 10:10 PM   #473
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Who was the last Prez who was actually Prez? Serious question.

Eisenhower?

Or do we go back further...
Quite right...I stated both Bush and Obama WERE puppets of the Federal Reserve....on more than 1 occasion in the past...

So my answer would be last president before Wilson...1913...when the Federal Reserve was created....

but who really knows....I don't...
Old 07-02-2020, 11:11 PM   #474
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post

It's side one or side two who wants to get you for 70%. But it really becomes crystal clear for those with 401k's and other accounts I do not really need to mention the different retirement options. Betting with Biden is like betting with AOC. You sound good, how are your retirement savings?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2020, 04:52 AM   #475
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
It's side one or side two who wants to get you for 70%. But it really becomes crystal clear for those with 401k's and other accounts I do not really need to mention the different retirement options. Betting with Biden is like betting with AOC. You sound good, how are your retirement savings?
How were they under w?

How were they 8 years later under Obama.

Trump just a Johnny come lately when it comes to 401ks

Allan
Old 07-04-2020, 12:30 AM   #476
fast4522

The logic is that anyone with a decent retirement savings will be a target by Biden and AOC.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2020, 12:43 AM   #477
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
At least then he would not have trump lurking behind him.

Allan
the media can do amazing things with zoom, angles, manipulation, photoshop
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2020, 06:05 AM   #478
biggestal99

Betfair next president market

Biden 1.72
Trump 2.84

Market has stabilized for trump. Not in a free fall anymore.

Allan
Old 07-04-2020, 11:45 AM   #479
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

As of July 3...

2016: Clinton 42.7% Trump 37.1%
2020: Biden 51.1% Trump 41.5%

The pool of undecided / third-party voters is much smaller this year (7.4%) than in 2016 (20.2%).

Source: 538 Polls and the brilliant George Conway

If all polls are wrong, then no need to respond to these numbers.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2020, 01:31 PM   #480
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Who are you trying to convince? I said he was a guaranteed loser something like 7+ months ago, before any of this recent virus/protest turmoil.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: