Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
Marshall Bennett

IN ADDITION TO MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, THE FOLLOWING ESTABLISHMENTS MUST BE RENAMED!!

Colleges : Univ. of Washington
Wash. St.
Eastern, Central, & Western Wash. Universities
Wash. & Lee Univ.
Harvard Univ.
Jefferson College (Miss.)
Thomas Jefferson Univ.
Lincoln Univ. (numerous states)
James Madison
George Wash. Univ. (DC)
US States : Washington
West Virginia
US Cities : Washington DC
Lincoln (numerous)
Jefferson (numerous)
Jackson (numerous)
Grant (numerous)
Adams (numerous)
Madison (numerous)
Monroe (numerous)
Tyler (numerous)
Polk (numerous)
Taylor (Zachary)
Johnson (Andrew)
US Counties : See US cities
too many linked to the confederacy to list here)
Banking Institutions : see US cities & counties
Major Industry (all) : see above
Parks (national & local) : see above
Museums : see above
Historical tourist attractions/Historical Markers : see above
Restaurants, Sports stadiums (pavilions), Theme Parks : see above

This is a partial list. For more see "United States Places of Interest", or my personal favorite "Historical America Engraved and Portrayed".

Last edited by Marshall Bennett; 07-02-2020 at 10:58 AM.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #2
formula_2002
what an easy game.

how about the those American dollar bills? they are all pictured with former slave owners. i'll be willing to take them off anyone's hands.

cavate (seems like Franklin has a bit of wiggle room).
in 1750 he argued against slavery .
there is a lot history regarding former slave owners, but its above my head at this time.

for me it deserves a fuller understanding of slavery, from early recorded history up to the present.
But I must say here it was not our best of times, and we must struggle to do better.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
how about the those American dollar bills? they are all pictured with former slave owners. i'll be willing to take them off anyone's hands.

cavate (seems like Franklin has a bit of wiggle room).
in 1750 he argued against slavery .
there is a lot history regarding former slave owners, but its above my head at this time.

for me it deserves a fuller understanding of slavery, from early recorded history up to the present.
But I must say here it was not our best of times, and we must struggle to do better.
Doesn't matter. They hate Lincoln, so Franklin isn't safe...not by a longshot.

You brought this all on yourselves. Enjoy it. Revel in it.

Your country is gone. Welcome to USSR pt 2
Old 07-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #4
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post

Why do we need a fuller understanding of slavery? What don't we know? What do we need to do a better job at today?

We tried desegregation
We tried social programs (Great Society)
We tried reverse discrimination at colleges
We allow for slotting of jobs for minorities regardless of ability

What hasn't been tried that we should do, or do better? Is there any chance that both sides have a lot to learn, or is that too privileged a comment?

These are all serious questions and not meant to be rhetorical.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #5
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Why do we need a fuller understanding of slavery? What don't we know? What do we need to do a better job at today?

We tried desegregation

What hasn't been tried that we should do, or do better? Is there any chance that both sides have a lot to learn, or is that too privileged a comment?

Have to agree with this:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/07/...the-narrative/

“In truth, America has made the greatest effort ever essayed by one race to uplift another. Reflect: In 1954 an entirely white Supreme Court unanimously ended segregation. Later it found the use of IQ tests by employers illegal because blacks scored poorly, then found “affirmative action,” racial discrimination against whites, legal (hardly oppression of blacks, this). An overwhelmingly white Congress passed the Civil Rights Act in 1964, the Voting Rights Act the next year. A white President sent troops to Little Rock to enforce desegregation. There has been an enormous flow of charity to blacks: Section Eight Housing, AFDC, Head Start, hiring quotas, set-asides, sharply lowered standards in police and fire departments. We now have free breakfasts for black children, then free lunches, in addition to outright welfare. In aggregate they resemble a distributed guaranteed basic income.”

Fred Reed is exactly right: Never in history has one race made a more genuine, concentrated and costly effort to uplift and help another race. White Americans not only laid down their lives in the hundreds of thousands in a war that ended slavery, they expanded trillions of dollars since the 1950s to render financial and material assistance to the black community. And as if this was not enough, they even instituted reverse discrimination against themselves in a sincere effort to help black people.

The contention that America suffers from systemic racism is a complete myth. It is propagated by the demagogues on the Left who peddle this lie for political and financial gain. It is remarkable that they have been able to get away so easily with a claim which is so obviously untrue and absurd. And the fact that so many of us roll over so easily before the shameless lie and kneel whenever asked to also defies comprehension.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 01:29 PM   #6
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post

We tried desegregation

there is no cure without knowledge. our capacity for better understanding the science is unlimited.. go for it.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 03:26 PM   #7
delayjf

Places like Mt Vernon and Williamsburg need to be burned to the ground. Williamsburg actually has black actors depicted as slaves - oh the horror.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: