Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 05-23-2020, 02:45 PM   #16
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCnorthlands View Post
That's not what I'm looking for. I'm just looking for a source that predicts reasonably well the final market odds. Any such source will be wrong a lot but if they're right as often as they are wrong, that works for me.

So far in 80-90% of my matchup bets, the final market odds strongly disagree with TrueStats, e-ponies, and the morning line.

My bookie likely has some other source it's using to make their matchup lines and I'd like to know what it is. There is no way they have some in house savant handicapper that is making 50 sharp matchup odds a day at 3+ tracks.

CheckMark you, like me, look like someone who enjoys a race track burger, fries, and a side of gravy.

MDCnorthlands
Maybe try Nitro as he does good tote analysis?

And sure I guess you could say that.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:17 PM   #17
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Maybe try Nitro as he does good tote analysis?
Thanks for the compliment and I sometimes even share info in the Selection Forum.

I agree threads posting selections (with or w/o so-called handicapping) belong in the Selection Forum.
But who am I to question that basic concept? If the monitors don’t give a shit why should I?

You see CheckMark the fella who started this thread obviously doesn’t understand this game very well. He’s like many other Outsiders who think that it’s only guys themselves who are doing the betting. They have no clue who actually makes up the betting population and how it affects every betting cycle. Until they do, grasping the illusive concept of how money impacts each and every race will always allude them.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2020, 11:39 PM   #18
Onesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Thanks for the compliment and I sometimes even share info in the Selection Forum.

I agree threads posting selections (with or w/o so-called handicapping) belong in the Selection Forum.
But who am I to question that basic concept? If the monitors don’t give a shit why should I?

You see CheckMark the fella who started this thread obviously doesn’t understand this game very well. He’s like many other Outsiders who think that it’s only guys themselves who are doing the betting. They have no clue who actually makes up the betting population and how it affects every betting cycle. Until they do, grasping the illusive concept of how money impacts each and every race will always allude them.

Onesome is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #19
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post

Well maybe not the whole betting background of who the other big guy bettors are or what "really" happens but I think I have good handicapping skills and I never started this thread
Old 05-24-2020, 10:40 AM   #20
MDCnorthlands
Journeyman

I doubt a single person here is making any money handicapping and betting into a pool with 20% takeout. I have been betting sports successfully for decades without knowing anything about sports, and it's the same story over there. Coach Potato Joe watches football every week and thinks he knows something millions don't. There is always an angle or a system. It's sad.

Open a handicapping thread here and it's the same if not worse. "The 5 horse is fast", "I expect to see 9 go for it in the post", blah blah. Just because you're sharing your vision with your selection doesn't give it any more weight.

But let me guess, you are all professionals... with 9-5 jobs.

MDCnorthlands
MDCnorthlands is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2020, 11:02 AM   #21
Onesome

Quote:
I doubt a single person here is making any money handicapping and betting into a pool with 20% takeout. I have been betting sports successfully for decades without knowing anything about sports, and it's the same story over there. Coach Potato Joe watches football every week and thinks he knows something millions don't. There is always an angle or a system. It's sad.

Open a handicapping thread here and it's the same if not worse. "The 5 horse is fast", "I expect to see 9 go for it in the post", blah blah. Just because you're sharing your vision with your selection doesn't give it any more weight.

MDCnorthlands
Lol

You come here asking if someone has the gift of accurately being able to forsee final odds in the future so you can exploit the 5dimes match ups to be given up freely to you while insulting pretty much everyone while offering up nothing of value to the community and you're surprised?

**** off.
Onesome is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2020, 11:15 AM   #22
MDCnorthlands
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesome View Post
Lol

You come here asking if someone has the gift of accurately being able to forsee final odds in the future so you can exploit the 5dimes match ups to be given up freely to you while insulting pretty much everyone while offering up nothing of value to the community and you're surprised?

**** off.
Value to the community? Quit gambling!

MDCnorthlands
Old 05-24-2020, 11:46 AM   #23
CheckMark

Quote:

MDCnorthlands
I think everyone here loves Mikesal idea of doing a race of the day and having people chime in on who they like. I don’t think that people are caring that their selection is giving more weight, they just want to have a good time and congratulate the winners of their selections if they come victorious.

And no idk if we’re all professionals (maybe we are and definitely not me )but you can just piss off about this thread. And yes we may (or may not) have 9-5 jobs, but we respect each other. You midswell quit gambling yourself if you have nothing better to do that insult and whine on here. Good day good bye.

Last edited by CheckMark; 05-24-2020 at 11:48 AM.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2020, 11:48 AM   #24
clicknow

Quote:
Any advice?
Yes. Don't look at other people's picks, and do your homework with PPs before the M/L odds are out (or black them out with a marker) so it doesn't influence your picks.

If you're looking for winning tickets from the sources you mentioned, you won't do well.

Quote:
Value to the community? Quit gambling!

MDCnorthlands
I'm a recreational gambler.

Many women I see spend a whole lot more shopping for clothes, purses, shoes and makeup......and stuffing their faces in restaurants.

(And in all categories, lets just say many of them, as well as their closets, are already *overflowing*. )

I prefer to "waste my money" this way instead. Racing is a fun sport, and if you win big once in a while, it's even more fun.

And I don't get big credit card bills at the end of the month from charging stuff. I have a cash bankroll for the day for racing. Never go over it.

Last edited by clicknow; 05-24-2020 at 11:50 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2020, 11:55 AM   #25
MDCnorthlands
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Yes. Don't look at other people's picks, and do your homework with PPs before the M/L odds are out (or black them out with a marker) so it doesn't influence your picks.

If you're looking for winning tickets from the sources you mentioned, you won't do well.

I'm a recreational gambler.

Many women I see spend a whole lot more shopping for clothes, purses, shoes and makeup......and stuffing their faces in restaurants.

(And in all categories, lets just say many of them, as well as their closets, are already *overflowing*. )

I prefer to "waste my money" this way instead. Racing is a fun sport, and if you win big once in a while, it's even more fun.

And I don't get big credit card bills at the end of the month from charging stuff. I have a cash bankroll for the day for racing. Never go over it.
It's early, but I'm calling it. Post of the day!

MDCnorthlands
Old 05-24-2020, 11:25 PM   #26
Nitro

Quote:

MDCnorthlands
Listen pal I haven't had a 9 to 5 job for over 15 years. I rely solely on my playing abilities for all that extra cash that provides many of the things that I enjoy purchasing.

If you had a clue on how to play this game you'd realize that no matter what the takeout might be, the odds you see are the odds you get! The take out occurs BEFORE the odds are posted.

As far as sharing selections go, I can only presume you haven't spent much time exploring the Selection Forum. There are quite a few members here who have proven themselves to provide some very worthwhile information. The "weight" of their opinions becomes very obvious when you can appreciate the magnitude of the results of their posted selections.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2020, 04:12 PM   #27
ubercapper

Quote:
Almost every single one of my wagers perfectly predicted how the market odds would stray from almost every place offering odds predictions.

Equibase, eponies, ML all worthless!

MDCnorthlands

Morning line odds displayed at Equibase come from the track. Live Odds displayed at Equibase come from the tote system.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2020, 05:20 PM   #28
ChartingHorseValue

In my opinion most handicapping systems that fail to identify a win % for the horse and thus a fair odds to bet the horse are worthless. I need to continue to optimize my formulas and will be doing that. But I think I'm off to an awfully good start. And I do it completely myself not spending $140 per month to subscribe to a data warehouse. You would have to bet $14,000 per month to justify spending that much. I spend $1 for every race card which means I only need to bet $100 per race card. No problem.

Anyway, I'm a profitable better but do not consider myself a professional. I think my analysis is rock solid and I have a great time handicapping. You can check out the odds and analysis for absolutely FREE on my website at www.chartinghorsevalue.com

Any questions let me know.
ChartingHorseValue is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: