Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-19-2020, 11:48 AM   #61
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
But that's not the wager you made! You said that you'd bet me that non-pharm mitigating policies had been implemented previously. And I couldn't disagree with that, since people have been quarantining and isolating for a long time now. If you're going to make a wager, better learn how to express it properly.
You said specifically social distancing and mask wearing were not previously used with more serious viruses. So I said....
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I will give you 10 to 1 that there were NON-PHARMACEUTICAL INTERVENTIONS
before in other pandemics.
Excuse me Mr Patsy, social distancing, and mask wearing are "NON-PHARMACEUTICAL INTERVENTIONS"

I am thru with you on masks. And stuff about the pandemic.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:01 PM   #62
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You said specifically social distancing and mask wearing were not previously used with more serious viruses. So I said....
Excuse me Mr Patsy, social distancing, and mask wearing are "NON-PHARMACEUTICAL INTERVENTIONS"

I am thru with you on masks. And stuff about the pandemic.
Actually, I don't believe I said that. I did ask the question, though, on how the world has survived other pandemics, and that's when you made your poorly worded wager.

Shame on you...
Old 09-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #63
hcap

Quote:
Actually, I don't believe I said that. I did ask the question, though, on how the world has survived other pandemics, and that's when you made your poorly worded wager.

Shame on you...
Bye bye.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:14 PM   #64
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Promise?
Old 09-19-2020, 12:21 PM   #65
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Promise?
As though he could ever keep one...
Old 09-20-2020, 11:30 AM   #66
hcap

I wanted to call the sorcerer and his apprentice out for their asinine "herd mentality" approach....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Did you read and digest what I wrote and what numerous other physicians have written about the ineffectiveness of masks?

Answer me this: How in the world has mankind,throughout all these centuries, survived all the viruses that have attacked us without masking, social distancing and self-imposed house arrests?
A rather high percentage of us did not.
Remember the Black Plague in the middle ages?
The 1918 pandemic?
Sure we survived the Black Plague. And the Spanish flu as a species. Are you clowns suggesting we sacrifice the same numbers in order avoid social distancing and wearing masks?

The Black Death resulted in the deaths of up to 75–200 million people in Eurasia and North Africa, peaking in Europe from 1347 to 1351.

It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world's population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #67
davew

and H1N1

you should just stay in your protective space

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2020, 12:35 PM   #68
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
and H1N1

you should just stay in your protective space

Thank you for your herd mentality.
Old 09-20-2020, 01:36 PM   #69
boxcar

Quote:
I wanted to call the sorcerer and his apprentice out for their asinine "herd mentality" approach....
Sure we survived the Black Plague. And the Spanish flu as a species. Are you clowns suggesting we sacrifice the same numbers in order avoid social distancing and wearing masks?

The Black Death resulted in the deaths of up to 75–200 million people in Eurasia and North Africa, peaking in Europe from 1347 to 1351.

It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world's population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.
Kool! The world has survived all the Virus Apocalypses. We be resilient!
Old 09-20-2020, 02:59 PM   #70
tucker6

Quote:

How did 675,000 die in the USA in the mid 1300s. I think you meant Spanish flu but your post was poorly written.

Last edited by tucker6; 09-20-2020 at 03:01 PM.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2020, 04:23 PM   #71
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
How did 675,000 die in the USA in the mid 1300s. I think you meant Spanish flu but your post was poorly written.
Sorry, in the second paragraph, thought I wrote the Spanish flu.

The sorcerer and his apprentice, (boxcar and Tom) , accepting the failed herd immunity approach, in order to avoid social distancing and mask wearing is so absurd heartless as a "fair trade off" to the murder of 10's of millions, it makes me puke , and lose it.

You amateur Trumpite epidemiologists are so enamored with his herd mentality, you folks have willingly self-lobotomized

Last edited by hcap; 09-20-2020 at 04:24 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2020, 05:07 PM   #72
boxcar

Quote:
Sorry, in the second paragraph, thought I wrote the Spanish flu.

The sorcerer and his apprentice, (boxcar and Tom) , accepting the failed herd immunity approach, in order to avoid social distancing and mask wearing is so absurd heartless as a "fair trade off" to the murder of 10's of millions, it makes me puke , and lose it.

You amateur Trumpite epidemiologists are so enamored with his herd mentality, you folks have willingly self-lobotomized
What is absurd and heartless is ruining the lives of many millions of Americans by locking down over essentially a big nothing burger! We should have followed the lead of Sweden and South Korea. If we had, we be out of the woods by now.l
Old 09-21-2020, 04:47 AM   #73
hcap

Quote:
What is absurd and heartless is ruining the lives of many millions of Americans by locking down over essentially a big nothing burger! We should have followed the lead of Sweden and South Korea. If we had, we be out of the woods by now.l
Do, you know anything about South Korea? Or all the other Asian countries where wearing masks is a common strategy, and how countries such as Taiwan, Singapore, and South Korea consistently do better than non-mask wearing countries?

Do you know anything at all?
Old 09-21-2020, 08:12 AM   #74
boxcar

Quote:
Do, you know anything about South Korea? Or all the other Asian countries where wearing masks is a common strategy, and how countries such as Taiwan, Singapore, and South Korea consistently do better than non-mask wearing countries?

Do you know anything at all?
Yeah, I do, girly man. You should triple mask and go hide under a rock until the all-clear covid signal given by Tom or myself.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:20 AM   #75
hcap

Quote:
Yeah, I do, girly man. You should triple mask and go hide under a rock until the all-clear covid signal given by Tom or myself.
The sorcerer and his apprentice are as bright as the rocks in their empty heads. After you bitching for months masks are a sham by an anti-Trump secret cabal, you point to South Korea as a country that did not use masks.

I repeat. Do you know anything at all?

According to a recent article, 63.2% of Koreans reported wearing a face mask when they are outside [3]. In another international survey, the reported rate of wearing face masks among Koreans was even higher (94%); this was the highest rate among 28 countries.