Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-17-2020, 05:22 PM   #16
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Droplets carrying the virus are smaller or same size as the aerosol vape according to the doctor. Did you miss that?
I explained this to you 2 months age. Give it up.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:39 PM   #17
TJDave

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/evang...b6b48507ffc791

I Was An Evangelical Christian, And I Know Why Many Of Them Resist Logic About COVID-19

This global pandemic has revealed there’s already a virus inside some American forms of belief.

“In May, a poll by the University of Chicago Divinity School and The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research showed 43% of evangelical Protestants, a group I’d identified as when both a Southern Baptist and charismatic believer, say they think COVID-19 is a message from God. Not that God caused it, but that he is using it to tell the world to change.

More than that, 55% of all believers feel God will protect them from the virus.”
Old 09-17-2020, 05:41 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
People have been wearing masks for centuries for what purpose? To protect themselves from viruses?

Surgeons get to choose their profession. I would think that if they objected to masks, they would have become bankers or lawyers instead. Plus they wear them only on the job.

Common sense says that we quarantine the sick and let the healthy get on with their lives. This, in fact, has been done for centuries.
You can get on with your life while wearing a mask. It's really not that big a deal.

I get it though. For you, it's a statement. You're not gonna fall for THE MAN's tricks...you're like hcap used to be...

FIGHT THE MAN!
Old 09-17-2020, 06:23 PM   #19
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You can get on with your life while wearing a mask. It's really not that big a deal.

I get it though. For you, it's a statement. You're not gonna fall for THE MAN's tricks...you're like hcap used to be...

FIGHT THE MAN!
I used to protest bad presidents and I still do.
Boxcar would have to have a sense of humor.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:05 PM   #20
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
He who is a civil disobedient sometimes has to pay the cost.

You know LAW and ORDER and all that good stuff.

Allan
it looked like a peaceful protest to me

when did school boards, mayors, governors ... get the power to make enforceable laws?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2020, 07:19 PM   #21
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Idk how you can ever frequent a handicapping website yet evaluate the risk/reward of wearing a mask so poorly...
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2020, 07:53 PM   #22
thaskalos

Whenever I start to complain about wearing a mask while shopping in public, I think about all those workers who have to wear a mask all day while serving our needs. THOSE are the people who should be complaining, IMO...the rest of us are getting off easy.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:00 PM   #23
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Whenever I start to complain about wearing a mask while shopping in public, I think about all those workers who have to wear a mask all day while serving our needs. THOSE are the people who should be complaining, IMO...the rest of us are getting off easy.
Make that two of us. Others can add on.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2020, 09:08 PM   #24
boxcar

Quote:

FIGHT THE MAN!
Right! Now you're catching on. I'm not going be the establishment's useful idiot -- a tool they can use. Nor am I going to be controlled by fear. Nor be controlled by the real crisis: panic and hysteria.

I learned to think for myself some time ago. But you, not so much, heh?

Also, if I was really concerned about covid, I'd take responsibility for protecting myself with an N95 mask. I''m an adult. I don't need someone or expect anyone to look out for me. I assume responsibility for my own health, thank you.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #25
thaskalos

Quote:
Right! Now you're catching on. I'm not going be the establishment's useful idiot -- a tool they can use. Nor am I going to be controlled by fear. Nor be controlled by the real crisis: panic and hysteria.

I learned to think for myself some time ago. But you, not so much, heh?

Also, if I was really concerned about covid, I'd take responsibility for protecting myself with an N95 mask. I''m an adult. I don't need someone or expect anyone to look out for me. I assume responsibility for my own health, thank you.
You had ME fooled.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:12 PM   #26
coachv30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Agreed. Masks are only effective in decreasing the distance with which droplets travel. They do not stop the droplets from escaping your mask except when the droplet is very large. Decreasing the distance traveled is important to prevent superspreader events, but the virus is still in the air regardless and if you breathe it in, you may catch it.

Again, the most important thing you can do is wash your hands consistently after touching anything when you're out and about, and for heavens sake, stop touching your face. Those two things alone will do more to prevent covid than any mask.
Hence the whole 6 feet thing
Old 09-17-2020, 11:21 PM   #27
pandy

Quote:
Droplets carrying the virus most certainly will be stopped by any kind of mask...like when you sneeze...or if you spit while you talk...

Obviously, no masks are AIR TIGHT or else nobody would be able to BREATH while wearing them...

The point of the mask isn't to stop AIR...it's to stop droplets carrying the virus...which I believe most of them do quite effectively...
The actual scientific studies that I read, which have now been removed from the internet, did not show that at all. Only the N95/99 masks helped. The coronavirus droplets are so small that they can't even be viewed under a laboratory gauge microscope. So small, they pass right through the masks. It may be true that they help minimize the spread when someone sneezes, but they won't stop you from breathing in the virus if it's in the air in front of you.

I personally don't mind wearing them in a crowded store but I can't understand why people wear them outside, especially if you're not protesting.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2020, 12:25 AM   #28
davew

I sometimes see people wearing them while driving a vehicle. Must be good lemmingcrats.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2020, 03:45 AM   #29
cratman

Glasses may help

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/16/w...gtype=Homepage
Old 09-18-2020, 06:17 AM   #30
Actor
Librocubicularist